Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The preacher's kids (family) as members

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The preacher's kids (family) as members Cojak
JLarry made a comment on another thread about how he felt as a former pastor, worshiping as an attendee under another pastor. So this is to keep from hi-jacking that one which was concerning Alters...

JLarry's comment brought to mind the feelings I had encountered. As a pastor's son, when I became a member of other churches. I did not give the pastor any trouble. I assisted anyway I could, but he didn't do things like daddy. My dad was the only pastor I had known for 17 years and truthfully my dad was a good pastor and loved his people. Too many PK's have been so dissatisfied that instead of looking elsewhere, they wanted to change this pastor into the image of their dad, it never worked, just caused hard feelings. I have said many times, a PK can be the worst or best member of a church.

When I get a chance to talk to a PK who is moving to another state or far enough they will not be coming back to daddy's church I tell them, you will find it hard to find the church you feel comfortable with, but keep looking. Just the other day a young lady who had moved to KY from FL, told me, YOU WERE RIGHT! Her dad had been a very good pastor.

I would advise any pastor to have a talk with their children concerning the problems they will encounter, as they try to adjust and encourage them to really try to fit in.

From my observations... Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/7/15 5:35 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic