Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

34,000 churches breaks ties with PCUSA (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post 34,000 churches breaks ties with PCUSA (L) JLarry
http://www.charismanews.com/us/53017-megachurch-leaves-this-denomination-over-apostasy

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
11/5/15 5:54 pm

Post Cojak
My mama would say, some folk don't believe cow horns will hook, they must see for themselves.

IT seems the PCUSA knew these churches would leave, but went ahead and recognized gay marriages.

Some thoughts and beliefs can be at least half way backed by SOME scripture, I am pretty liberal, but even I have a problem with this one. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/5/15 6:53 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
I am pretty liberal

Say it aint so, Cojak. I was getting ready to book ya fer a 3-week revival meetin soon as ya preachin papers arrive. I don't know now, son. My folk is liberal enough already. Wink

Hey, I'm glad these churches was bold enough to leave the PCUSA. Check the data, all the mainline liberal denominations is in serious decline.
Acts-pert Poster
11/5/15 7:04 pm

Post philunderwood
This has been a long time coming. We were under contract to them for two years and there was not a pastor that I worked with, nor a conference I attended, where this issue was not front and center. SAd but necessary for them.

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
11/5/15 11:46 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Hypothetical situation.

What would happen if the Church of God General Assembly passed a similar measure?

Many CoG preachers have told me that this issue would be the breaking point for them.

Seeing as how the local church property is owned by Cleveland, would these same men leave their building for principles sake?

After the 1988 GA many of the ministers were very disturbed and verbally declared a willingness to "come out."

However after they cooled off and considered the cost, they did nothing.
Wink

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/6/15 9:54 am

Post Cojak
sheepdogandy wrote:
Hypothetical situation.

What would happen if the Church of God General Assembly passed a similar measure?

However after they cooled off and considered the cost, they did nothing.
Wink

It comes down to each individual deciding, 'which mountain you are willing to take a chance and possibly die on'.

Some always think, 'This is the straw that breaks the camel's back,' but it is not. I can remember when the wedding band was allowed(1958-1960?). After the Assembly my dad drove 500 miles out of his way to deliver a message from Wade Horton, 'We can live thru this'.

But this type of declaration IF PASSED would be the straw that broke the COG's back, so that will not happen. (In the near future 50 yrs). Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/6/15 10:38 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Fellers, we talkin bout somethin black an white in the good Book? It aint got nothin to do with principle, it is a violation of God's Word. Weddin bands? Aint nothin in the good Book about em.

Sheepdog, it the COG approved gay marriage, based on centralized govt, every COG preacher--in theory--would be obliged to embrace it. If it came to that, YES, the ole timer would turn in his preachin papers. If it mean't losin the church property, so be it. Yep, we gotta choose the hills we willin to fight/die on, but this aint no hill, its a mountain.

Hey, an when I turned in ma preachin papers I would ordain myself an confer upon maself a honery docterate. An it would be just as legitimate as some bein used right now among preachers.
Acts-pert Poster
11/6/15 11:05 am

Post JLarry
Not a pastor but this would be a straw breaker for me.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
11/6/15 1:12 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic