Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Redemption School of Ministry-info

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Redemption School of Ministry-info KevinWallace
Hey everyone- I pray everyone had a great day today in God. I wanted share some news about the Redemption School of Ministry that was announced today in our church. Pastor Jason Stubbs has been appointed as the Director of the Redemption School of Ministry. Having been on staff at RPC for almost four years and having accomplished much in the academic field, I am excited about this appointment and anticipate great things in the future. He will be working with our launch team and the curriculum development team to perfect the day to day programming and overall vision implementation.

I also wanted to inform ACTS that although our school will not be accredited, there are potential partnerships being developed that could provide further opportunities to advance ones education should a student desire to go on and obtain a terminal degree at an accredited institution. We are a two year, school of ministry with an objective to equip and prepare those who sense the call of God in either Pastoral, Global Missions or Worship/Media fields. I believe that a top shelf, practical and academic program immersed in the Presence of God produces equipped and anointed sons and daughters that can be effective in advancing the Kingdom. We have accomplished a significant amount of work but have a significant amount of work yet to complete. Please pray for us in this endeavor. We are running at it. God is helping us but having never launched a school so everyday has been a learning experience. Thankfully God has sent some incredibly wise, accomplished and helpful people who have been there and done that. Their assistance has been invaluable in this endeavor. By God's grace we believe good things are in store. For more info you can check out www.rsm.org
Thanks
11/1/15 7:34 pm

Post Re: Redemption School of Ministry-info Old Time Country Preacher
KevinWallace wrote:
I also wanted to inform ACTS that although our school will not be accredited, there are potential partnerships being developed that could provide further opportunities to advance ones education should a student desire to go on and obtain a terminal degree at an accredited institution.

Kevin, could the old timer make a serious suggestion? Your desire to have a school a ministry where folk is prepared fer active ministry is commendable. Until RSM becomes accredited by a recognized accrediting agency, why not confer a two year diploma? If these "potential partnerships" crystallize, hey, the work at RSM will have the same utility whether a degree/diploma. But if RSM confers "degrees," lots a the graduates is gonna "go out into the field" an at times say they got a two year degree, when what they got is a two year unaccredited degree. The utility of a unaccredited degree, other than bein able to say "I got a degree," is almost nonexistent. In the old timer's humble and meek opinion, RSM would better serve its constituents by awarding "diplomas" until obtains viable accreditation. Then begin awarding degrees. Thank you for your consideration of this suggestion.
Acts-pert Poster
11/3/15 3:28 pm

Post c6thplayer1
It kind of like learning to fly an ultra light airplane. Since your putting forth effort , get a real pilots license with all the advantages that come with it instead of a jail house goat skin?

Many more paths will open up with the real thing.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/3/15 5:41 pm

Post John Jett
Glad to hear it KW, if we were close by we'd certainly encourage our kids to check it out. We live 10 miles away from CFNI who are also non accredited (though a few schools will accept their credits), and we are amazed by what they accomplish for the Kingdom of God around the globe! Also, their monthly worship nights are an unreal blessing to the community. I look forward to hearing more as you go! Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
11/3/15 5:46 pm

Post LonghornFan
Question

Last edited by LonghornFan on 12/23/16 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
11/4/15 10:38 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
LonghornFan wrote:
If you, as a senior pastor, were going to hire a new children, student, or music pastor, which one would be most attractive to you:

1. A graduate from Lee University or ORU who had an accredited degree in their area of ministry, but did not have much significant real-time ministry experience. Their instruction came from people who teach the academic approach to ministry from instructors who have either not ever served in active church ministry and/or have not done so in many years.

2. A graduate from RSM that had a mixture of classroom instruction, along with two years of intense hands on ministry experience under the tutelage of an active pastor, student pastor, or worship leader. This experience not only includes serving in a mega church, but also working within a small church environment.

This is not a slam in any way toward the accredited schools that I mentioned. I attended both Lee & ORU. That is why I used those particular schools. They both prepared me for ministry. However, if the opportunity had been available to me, I would have chosen RSM (accredited or not). Some go to college for a degree to hang on the wall. Others go for the experience to apply to their calling and are less concerned about a piece of paper than they are the training and experience to help them be equipped to serve.

I believe that there are many pastors who would put more stock in a graduate from RSM than a graduate from many accredited liberal arts schools.

Ya points is well taken, longhorn. But notice in the ole timers post I didn't say nothin bout RSM not producing folk with hands on ministry. RSM could very well do that, an ifn RSM does, praise the good Lord fer it.

I'm talkin about at the time of graduation, what RSM is gonna confer on the graduate. A feller can easily an truthfully say or put on his resume, "I'm a graduate of RSM, 2017-2019," with a diploma. As time goes by an if the quality of the graduates warrants such, the word will spread, an they will be value in RSM training.

If RSM, at the time of graduation, confers a 2-year "degree," that's what will be listed. But how many graduates is gonna honestly state, "I got a 2-year degree from RSM but it is unaccredited?" If its like most all other unaccredited degree holders, very few to none will mention it.

Right now in the state of Oregon, if the holder of an unaccredited degree uses that degree in any way professionally, he/she must state that the degree is unaccredited. Other states are picking up on this practice.

Hey, I wish RSM all the best. I hope it becomes a hotbed for hands-on trainin fer young folk wantin to enter ministry. But I also hope that until RSM is accredited by a recognized accrediting agency, they will do what is in the best interest of their students/graduates, an confer "diplomas" an not "degrees."
Acts-pert Poster
11/4/15 11:02 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
fer young folk wantin to enter ministry

Ole Timer, don't overlook them what's gittin their secont wind.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/4/15 11:18 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Thyere are numerous ministry schools in FLorida and Texas that I know of - and their degrees are unaccredited.

After graduating, the son of a friend of mine wanted to transfer his credits to Lee - but they would not accept them. I believe SWBC (AG) did accept them.
11/4/15 1:07 pm

Post Perhaps I muddied the water KevinWallace
I want to be clear. We are NOT offering degrees. We are offering diplomas. However our curriculum and programming are being written and developed by a number of phD's and professors which allows some of the classes we are offering to be recognized by an institution that is accredited. This would mean time invested at RSM could provide the dual benefit of having hands on, practical Pentecostal training and also be garnering "credit" that could be recognized by an accredited, higher learning institution. .
11/4/15 1:28 pm

Post Re: Perhaps I muddied the water Old Time Country Preacher
KevinWallace wrote:
I want to be clear. We are NOT offering degrees. We are offering diplomas. However our curriculum and programming are being written and developed by a number of phD's and professors which allows some of the classes we are offering to be recognized by an institution that is accredited. This would mean time invested at RSM could provide the dual benefit of having hands on, practical Pentecostal training and also be garnering "credit" that could be recognized by an accredited, higher learning institution. .

Kevin, I don't even know ya personally, even though I been at least one foot away from ya durin a meetin. Even shook ya hand an introduced maself. Not as OTCP of course. Wink

But let the ole timer tell ya how much I commend ya son fer not offerin degrees till ya get recognized accreditation. They is a number a churches what start a Bible college, an from day one award degrees all the way through the PhD. These kinda sheepskins aint worth the bullet it took to kill the sheep. They aint worth the paper the degree is printed on. They unethical, fraudulent an shameful. So, fer you to commence a 2 year school a ministry an offer "diplomas only," hey, you got the ole timers support all the way down the road. Not that ya need ma support, but I shore do commend ya for not facilitatin this unaccredited degree junk among preachers.

God's best to RSM.
Acts-pert Poster
11/4/15 1:37 pm

Post Thanks otcp KevinWallace
I have no desire to be unethical or fraudulent. Students who come to RSM will come because they want to be immersed in revival, prepared in excellence and engaged by a world class academic regimen. Of the 60+ that have come in to see the campus and hear my heart, the vast of them were most conerned about RSM being faithful to a Pentecostal/charismatic hermeneutic of scripture. This is something we have been intentional in our development along other various elements. My prayer is that students leave with a prepared heart, ready for a fresh Pentecost and global harvest.
11/4/15 4:53 pm

Post Re: Perhaps I muddied the water c6thplayer1
KevinWallace wrote:
I want to be clear. However our curriculum and programming are being written and developed by a number of phD's and professors which allows some of the classes we are offering to be recognized by an institution that is accredited. This would mean time invested at RSM could provide the dual benefit of having hands on, practical Pentecostal training and also be garnering "credit" that could be recognized by an accredited, higher learning institution. .

I didnt think this is possible , credit from a non-accredited course that can be transferred to an accredited institution? From what I've read most colleges wont accept this.

Last edited by c6thplayer1 on 11/4/15 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/4/15 5:52 pm

Post It is completely possible. KevinWallace
In fact it happens all the time. Letters of articulation are created between the two institutions. Of course, the accredited school makes the final determination about how much credit can be obtained. But if you have a professor of record, a legit curriculum development team and a kingdom mindset it is a very effective way to work together. It's a win win for everyone.

Last edited by KevinWallace on 11/4/15 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
11/4/15 5:59 pm

Post John Jett
Does anyone know if Lee has any plans to associate with any of these training institutions with letters of articulation to accept credits? CFNI has them with Southwestern Assemblies of God, ORU, and Dallas Baptist. It would be great if Lee did as well. I see it as a win-win for Lee and the training school. Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
11/5/15 9:27 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
John Jett wrote:
Does anyone know if Lee has any plans to associate with any of these training institutions with letters of articulation to accept credits? CFNI has them with Southwestern Assemblies of God, ORU, and Dallas Baptist. It would be great if Lee did as well. I see it as a win-win for Lee and the training school.

If Lee sees it as a win-win - they will surely do it.
11/5/15 9:38 am

Post John Jett
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
John Jett wrote:
Does anyone know if Lee has any plans to associate with any of these training institutions with letters of articulation to accept credits? CFNI has them with Southwestern Assemblies of God, ORU, and Dallas Baptist. It would be great if Lee did as well. I see it as a win-win for Lee and the training school.

If Lee sees it as a win-win - they will surely do it.

I hope so. Well disciplined transfer students are a good thing to bring to your school.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
11/5/15 9:55 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic