Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

By the looks of things, or a book by its cover, in Wildwood.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post By the looks of things, or a book by its cover, in Wildwood. Cojak
Wildwood COG this AM. as Bro Powers walked by he said, "We have two guests today, the State Overseer and a new candidate for pastor."

I could see two gentlemen on the front pew, one with his wife. The man with his wife was a big man, the other was a skinny dude. I made a quick assessment, since I do not know many overseers any more, the guy with his wife was the overseer. Skinny guy was the candidate.

During service Bro Powers introduced the Presiding Bishop, Bro Ivester, the skinny fellow stood up. Shucks we can all make mistakes.

To be honest I have never heard a resume read before a church. Bro Ivester began to read the Bro. who traveled from Ohio to 'try out'. I was a little behind today, I think the sound system was a little off. But 3 yrs here 8 yrs there 15 yrs at this, 12 yrs as ..., pastor since the 70's I'm beginning to think the candidate is as 112 yrs old, like OTCP.

But in all fairness the Overseer did a great job, and also the Bro from Ohio also did a great job with his intro and sermon.

I was reminded what Bro Ray Collins said once when preaching at the NC Camp meeting, he said, "They tell me if you preach at Campmeeting you had better pick one of your best, well this one is as slick as a rat's tail."

Iffn he didn't say it, I ain't typing here. So our brother picked a good one, and he done good.

When they called a business meeting, we departed since we are not members at Wildwood, so I do not know the vote (if they took one).

Just my one man report from pastor selection at Wildwood.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/1/15 2:16 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic