Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Proper ways to larn yer wife her lessons...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Proper ways to larn yer wife her lessons... bonnie knox
Have at it, fellers. Cool

Thanks to Aaron, Daniel, and John for the idee.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/29/15 2:34 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Here's one I learned from the other thread... the cold shoulder! Cool

Instead of just telling my wife that she did something that irritated me, and asking to talk about it with her so she can become aware of it (since she probably has no idea she upset me) and so we can work out a solution that's positive for both of us, I'm just going to stop talking to her entirely, or be very cool to her if I have to speak. That way, she'll have to deduce that she did something to upset me, work up the courage to ask me about it, and then be persistent (since I'll initially deny anything is wrong) before we can ever get to the step where we talk about it and resolve it.

I'll let everyone know how it works out!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/29/15 2:38 pm

Post Cojak
I was a jealous loudmouth the first few years of this marriage. She loved and tolerated me even though I had no idea the real meaning of my position in the home, I just knew I was always (nearly always) right. She humored me.

One day it hit me, I need that girl more than she needs me, and I tried to reform, I did do better. WE talked about being a team and we were. BUT I was still RIGHT(est). She is an old fashioned girl, very tolerant (Thank God), and also more understanding of the Male Ego than I was her Female needs.

WE both have 'pouted' (me more than she probably), But many years ago I had an 'Epiphany'. I real awakening. I sat at my desk and realized she was the BEST thing in my life. That my success in business was in a HUGE part her early directing our 'budget'. She hated debt, she taught me (and I was the BOSS).
There was a lot more to it, but since then she knows this guy loves her and thinks the sun rises and sets in her. I have thanked her for her 'enduring' to keep us together.
What I learned was it wasn't she that need to learn, but me. I needed to learn to be a loving husband, a REAL LOVING HUSBAND, not a jealous mate. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/29/15 4:30 pm

Post Nick Park
I look her in the eye, and in my firmest voice say, "I'm sorry."

That seems to fix most things.

http://eaiseanchai.wordpress.com/
Acts Enthusiast
10/29/15 5:22 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Nick Park wrote:

I'm tellin ya fellers, our Irish brother is a feller of exceedingly great wisdom. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
10/29/15 6:51 pm

Post Cojak
Nick Park wrote:

Yes sir, that works. I tried to teach my sons that the correct answer is "Yes mam, you are right." They still haven't learned the lesson after a couple marriages each.

My problem with the age old 'The man is the Boss', makes my heart cry when I see a Muslim woman following Shariah Law. That man is the BOSS, and he can prove it, with other men to back him up. Sad
10/29/15 8:18 pm

Cojak wrote:
My problem with the age old 'The man is the Boss', makes my heart cry when I see a Muslim woman following Shariah Law. That man is the BOSS, and he can prove it, with other men to back him up. Sad

Fer shore on at, Cojak.
Acts-pert Poster
10/29/15 10:57 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Cojak wrote:
I was a jealous loudmouth the first few years of this marriage. She loved and tolerated me even though I had no idea the real meaning of my position in the home, I just knew I was always (nearly always) right.

The first few years of my marriage were the same way. I was an angry young man and would lash out at my wife. She never responded in kind, and loved me into being a better man. It wasn't "discipline" or some kind of consequence from her that made me change. It was the fact that my wife never responded in kind, and that I could no longer bear hurting someone who loved and respected me unconditionally. We will celebrate 8 years in April and have not had anything even resembling a fight in the last 4 years.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/30/15 5:15 am

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Cojak wrote:
I was a jealous loudmouth the first few years of this marriage. She loved and tolerated me even though I had no idea the real meaning of my position in the home, I just knew I was always (nearly always) right.

The first few years of my marriage were the same way. I was an angry young man and would lash out at my wife. She never responded in kind, and loved me into being a better man. It wasn't "discipline" or some kind of consequence from her that made me change. It was the fact that my wife never responded in kind, and that I could no longer bear hurting someone who loved and respected me unconditionally. We will celebrate 8 years in April and have not had anything even resembling a fight in the last 4 years.

You and she deserve atta-boys. You learned sooner than I, but I did learn. Cool
10/30/15 11:10 am

Post John Jett
Apparently you should treat her like an employee or a child, yep that should work. Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
10/30/15 11:58 am

Post (putting a post in its place) bonnie knox
(Given that we have recently been instructed that there will be a renewed effort to enforce the rule against thread hijacking, I decided to help by putting this post in its place.)

Aaron Scott wrote:

JUST FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

I have just two words for you.

These words are the answer to the rebellious wife who just will not behave.

I know that Tom will see the wisdom of this immediately.

WIFE PRISON

A facility just for rebellious wives. We already have a place for abusive men. Oddly enough, it also has "prison" in the name.

But now, just for the wife who will not submit, it's wife prison. Yep, three squares a day, but you can't go anywhere, can't do anything, and have to clean the jail until you're ready to go back home and do the right thing.

Also, every inmate is required to attend discussion classes on their poor behavior and lacking submission skills.

I knew it would come to me if I'd just keep thinking about it!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/31/15 9:36 am

Post bonnie knox
Tom Sterbens wrote:
To respond to both Aaron's and NBF's question: "What do you do if your wife doesn't submit?"

Well first, for me to submit to your question (pun intended) is to embrace the fact that we're still asking the wrong question in that it the nature of the question assumes submission is about RULE and not about REDEMPTION.

Nonetheless......

What did the Son do in response to a humanity that essentially refused to submit to God? He (God the Son) submitted to EMPTYING HIMSELF of the deserved status of equality with the Father to come and die for us.
The biblical text in question provides your solution:
Ephesians 5:25 (NASB95)
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,
So......Are we willing to die to ourselves and empty ourselves of deservedly entitled places and positions in order to redeem our wives?

And indeed we must remember - we do NOT live in a perfect world where happily ever after is the rule. There are no guarantees humans (wives or husbands) won't do things that are not in keeping with the will of God.

We also seem to forget the Ephesians passage begins with a call to mutual submission. The answer to your question is quite simply - we out submit her! That's what Jesus did...He walked up to the cross and said, "Watch me, I'll go first."
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/31/15 9:39 am

Post bonnie knox
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Perhaps REGULAR whippings would have made her submissive.

Might have.

Yep. Just like keeping slaves in line.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/31/15 9:46 am

Post Treat her like a donkey (KJV language may be substituted): bonnie knox
Aaron Scott wrote:
There are definite steps a man can take to effect a solution. Part of that might include taking the wife to dinner, on vacation, etc. (the Tom Things). Some of it, at least at some point, might have "an edge" to it. That is, we can use the carrot-and-stick approach.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/31/15 9:49 am

Post Re: Treat her like a donkey (KJV language may be substituted): Nick Park
bonnie knox wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
There are definite steps a man can take to effect a solution. Part of that might include taking the wife to dinner, on vacation, etc. (the Tom Things). Some of it, at least at some point, might have "an edge" to it. That is, we can use the carrot-and-stick approach.

Treat your wife like a queen, and you may end up with a queen of a wife.

Treat your wife like a donkey, and don't be surprised if you end up with a donkey of a wife.

http://eaiseanchai.wordpress.com/
Acts Enthusiast
10/31/15 4:10 pm

Post bonnie knox
Buy her new dresses and underwear and tell her to keep her mouth shut while you drive! [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/31/15 5:44 pm

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
Buy her new dresses and underwear and tell her to keep her mouth shut while you drive!

sounds like a plan, as long as she is agreeable! Twisted Evil
10/31/15 6:52 pm

Post Link
Cojak wrote:
Nick Park wrote:

Yes sir, that works. I tried to teach my sons that the correct answer is "Yes mam, you are right." They still haven't learned the lesson after a couple marriages each.

I head a middle eastern who used to be a Muslim speaking on end times who interprets the antichrist/beast to be a Muslim. He pointed out the beheadings in Revelations. Muslims behead people.

I've seen this verse translated different ways and I've heard it interpreted different ways.

Daniel 11:37:
Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

He said the antichrist would care nothing for what women desire, that he is particularly oppressive to women, and gave examples of how women live under Shariah law.
10/31/15 7:17 pm

bonnie knox wrote:
Buy her new dresses and underwear and tell her to keep her mouth shut while you drive!

Thus saith a prophet from Soddy Daisy, Tennessee, "If thou delegates of the General Council vote to let wominfolk be ordained, next thing ya know they gonna want a cigar an to set down here on the council floor with us."
Acts-pert Poster
10/31/15 11:07 pm

Post bonnie knox
Yep, Ole Timer, the guy from Soddy Daisy was exactly who I had in mind with that post. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/1/15 9:33 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic