Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Wildwood COG, Bro. Powers (I hear this church has a bad reputation)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Wildwood COG, Bro. Powers (I hear this church has a bad reputation) Cojak
Bro Powers is one of our favorite preachers. WE are parked near Wildwood and heard He had retired from Inverness and was filling-in at Wildwood until a pastor is assigned. We arrived a little early and Bro. Powers was moving around talking to the few folk who were there. He was gracious enough to remember us. He has the ability to speak to you and you KNOW he means it.

He and his wife are a great team. He did apologize in advance for the difficult content of the sermon, but said no matter how hard he wrestled, it had remained on his heart. He began his message with scripture (Eph 4:29-32 ?) . Very unusual in his approach he looked at the church people and said, �I have been told by a reliable source that this church does not have a good reputation in this town.� I about fell over thinking, brother you are starting off in a hole. Amazingly he preached a beautiful sermon ending up in Matthew where the boss forgave the servant much and then the servant would not forgive.
WOW he had us all in his hand, a masterful sermon (I could hear most of it! Praise the Lord!) I was touched, challenged and blessed, and so was the small group that was attending. One would be hard pressed to be upset at a man with so much love and caring.
I just wanted to report on a great sermon that I HEARD!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/25/15 1:34 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I can only imagine how little he wanted to preach that word... praise God that he was willing to be obedient to the Holy Spirit, and praise God for the results.

Also, I am so happy about your comment that you could hear it. Smile
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/25/15 3:19 pm

Post georgiapath
I am so happy that you can hear. Acts-dicted
10/25/15 4:35 pm

Post Cojak
It is sorta of an amazement to me. There were times I could understand a few words, I am just happy it keeps on gong without me having to work out what was said and lose what is being said by concentrating on a past statement, if that makes any sense. Wink. Bro. Powers delivery is also one with a lot of emphasis without a lot of variance in volume.

But oh yes, it makes attending church much more satisfying. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/25/15 6:07 pm

Post Re: Wildwood COG, Bro. Powers (I hear this church has a bad reputation) Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
I just wanted to report on a great sermon that I HEARD!

Praise the good Lord that ya was able to hear it, Cojak, a that it was a good sermon.
Acts-pert Poster
10/25/15 8:41 pm

Post thank you Dan Eason
I appreciate this story.
10/29/15 12:00 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic