Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Kenneth Copeland at National COG this Friday (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Kenneth Copeland at National COG this Friday (L) Carolyn Smith
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1141467209215460&set=pcb.1141467499215431&type=3&theater
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/21/15 9:03 pm

Post Link
The link has expired. Would the COG (Cleveland) have Copeland speak? I'd find that a bit surprising.
10/21/15 9:33 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
It was posted on Steve Lowery's personal Facebook page 8 hours ago. He is pastor at National COG. Perhaps you have to be a FB friend to see it.
10/21/15 11:58 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I don't find it surprising at all. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/22/15 12:10 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Look, if you believe in the prosperity gospel - and many COG guys believe that - then why wouldn't you use the Dean of Prosperity Ken Copeland?

Good for them.
10/22/15 7:31 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Not shocked!

Not surprised!

Just sad!
Acts-pert Poster
10/22/15 10:56 am

Post Methocostal
I hope you are wrong that "many COG guys believe that" (heresy). That kind of (and I'm trying to watch my language here) garbage is what makes Pentecostals appear to be charlatan's, off the wall, kooks. I had thought most of the name it claim it people were AG, or independent Rhema Bible Institute persuasion. I don't mean all AG's are name it claim it, but several of their prominent TV preachers are.

I cannot express my disdain for the so called Prosperity doctrine strong enough. For reasons, not the least of which, is the idea that God has to do what we tell him to do. IMO, there is a name for that, and I will refrain from using it, but I'll leave it as heresy and that is the most kind word I can use.

One thing I have never figured out -- if all we have to do is name it/claim it, why do we need glasses? Are eyes too difficult for God to heal? Ultimately if lack of faith is the reason we aren't healed, then why do name it/claim it EVER die? Poor Paul, it is a shame that he lacked faith isn't it.

URRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Did I say I have great disdain for that heresy? Smile

Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Look, if you believe in the prosperity gospel - and many COG guys believe that - then why wouldn't you use the Dean of Prosperity Ken Copeland?

Good for them.
Friendly Face
10/22/15 11:28 am

Methocostal wrote:
One thing I have never figured out -- if all we have to do is name it/claim it, why do we need glasses? Are eyes too difficult for God to heal? Ultimately if lack of faith is the reason we aren't healed, then why do name it/claim it EVER die? Poor Paul, it is a shame that he lacked faith isn't it.

Hey, the ole timer has asked that question several times on Acts, an ever time was railed agin by the few woffie-leanin fellers on here. Gloria Copeland stands before her audience wearin readin glasses, while at the same time sayin ya gotta treat ever physical symptom as sin. Don't accept it she says. Don't accept the migraine. Don't accept the cancer. Rebuke it as sin an command it to go.

Why is astigmatism or cataracts any different?
Acts-pert Poster
10/22/15 4:28 pm

Post Cojak
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
[

There is no difference (IMO) but we and they (whoever they are) will justify their stand. Us humans are known to do that... Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/22/15 6:31 pm

Cojak wrote:

There is no difference (IMO)

You are dead right, Cojak, they is no difference. Its a heap more than just your opinion, Cojak, its the truth.

From a woffie perspective, as taught by the Copeland's an numerous others, ALL PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS are to be treated as sin. Each symptom is an attack of the devil attemptin to gain entrance into the life a the Christian. The first pain of a migraine, the first discomfort of nausea, the first sniffle of a cold, each one is to be immediately resisted, rebuked and commanded to leave.

There is absolutely no difference--in terms of how the woffies teach healing and how to address symptoms--in the first pain of a migraine and the first bit of blurriness when trying to read. Both are physical maladies, both have physical symptoms, both represent a human body that is less than 100% well and whole, yet the latter is not viewed as the former. Only 3 months ago I watched Gloria Copeland teach on engaging physical symptoms and treating them for what they are--attacks of the devil. She clearly taught that each symptom is to be treated as a sin trying to attack one's life. The symptom is to be resisted, rebuked, rejected, and no accepted. The full teaching session was done while she was wearing reading glasses.

So, the ole timer would posit, if woffie teaching on healing works, it works every time on every symptom, no matter what.
Acts-pert Poster
10/22/15 9:56 pm

Post Carolyn Smith

From a woffie perspective, as taught by the Copeland's an numerous others, ALL PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS are to be treated as sin. Each symptom is an attack of the devil attemptin to gain entrance into the life a the Christian. The first pain of a migraine, the first discomfort of nausea, the first sniffle of a cold, each one is to be immediately resisted, rebuked and commanded to leave.

There is absolutely no difference--in terms of how the woffies teach healing and how to address symptoms--in the first pain of a migraine and the first bit of blurriness when trying to read. Both are physical maladies, both have physical symptoms, both represent a human body that is less than 100% well and whole, yet the latter is not viewed as the former. Only 3 months ago I watched Gloria Copeland teach on engaging physical symptoms and treating them for what they are--attacks of the devil. She clearly taught that each symptom is to be treated as a sin trying to attack one's life. The symptom is to be resisted, rebuked, rejected, and no accepted. The full teaching session was done while she was wearing reading glasses.

So, the ole timer would posit, if woffie teaching on healing works, it works every time on every symptom, no matter what.

I don't believe in the prosperity gospel, nor do I believe "name it and claim it" is the end all/do all towards healing. However, I do believe that what we say and how we react to physical symptoms influences the outcome. If you say, "I think I'm coming down with something..." you probably will.

Treating symptoms as SIN? Sin is when you miss the mark. I've never heard this taught by anyone. Not saying it hasn't been, I just don't recall ever hearing it.

I do believe we should resist/rebuke sickness and speak healing scriptures, etc.

Serious question - what do you believe about healing?
10/23/15 8:21 pm

Post Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:

I don't believe in the prosperity gospel, nor do I believe "name it and claim it" is the end all/do all towards healing. However, I do believe that what we say and how we react to physical symptoms influences the outcome. If you say, "I think I'm coming down with something..." you probably will.

Treating symptoms as SIN? Sin is when you miss the mark. I've never heard this taught by anyone. Not saying it hasn't been, I just don't recall ever hearing it.

I do believe we should resist/rebuke sickness and speak healing scriptures, etc.

Good comment Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/23/15 9:56 pm

Carolyn Smith wrote:

Serious question - what do you believe about healing?

This is exactly what the Copelands preach. I heard Gloria Copeland only 3 months ago teach this very thing, that ALL PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS are to be treated as sin. Each symptom is an attack of the devil attemptin to gain entrance into the life a the Christian. The first pain of a migraine, the first discomfort of nausea, the first sniffle of a cold, each one is to be immediately resisted, rebuked and commanded to leave. This is standard word of faith teachin.

To answer your question, Carolyn, the ole timer most definitely believes in divine healing, that it is provided for all in the atonement--not guaranteed in the atonement, but provided. God is the final arbiter in terms of who, when, how, where healing is manifested. One should always, and never stop, praying for healing. At the same time, one must also be ready to respond accordingly if God tells you what he told Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you."
Acts-pert Poster
10/23/15 11:28 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic