Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Administrative Level Questionable Credentials (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Administrative Level Questionable Credentials (L) Old Time Country Preacher
He holds academic degrees from ECBC, The William Carter College and The International Theological Seminary.

The William Carter College no longer exists. The feller who began the college was also the president of the "Southern Accrediting Association of Bible Colleges and Seminaries." SAABCS is listed as a fake accrediting agency here: http://mbainfo.info/acreditation.htm

So ya have a feller who has his own accrediting agency, who begins his own college, accredits the college through his own accrediting agency.

Last edited by Old Time Country Preacher on 10/23/15 12:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Acts-pert Poster
10/19/15 10:41 pm

Post Accomplishments over accademics Mat
There must be some kind of perception that indentifying with accademics quilifies someone for leadership positions. If that is the case we should all become episcopals, their leaders are very well educated indeed. Perhaps profiles of leaders should read something like - planted three still growing churches or built two debt free church campuses - or grew a church from 100 to 1000 in attendance, adding 6 full time staff ministry.

So we can help OTCP to go to his reward in peace, let's ask what have they done for the Lord, not what degrees they have. Accomplishment over accademics.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
10/20/15 9:13 am

Post Re: Accomplishments over accademics Old Time Country Preacher
Mat wrote:
There must be some kind of perception that indentifying with accademics quilifies someone for leadership positions. If that is the case we should all become episcopals, their leaders are very well educated indeed. Perhaps profiles of leaders should read something like - planted three still growing churches or built two debt free church campuses - or grew a church from 100 to 1000 in attendance, adding 6 full time staff ministry.

So we can help OTCP to go to his reward in peace, let's ask what have they done for the Lord, not what degrees they have. Accomplishment over accademics.

Mat

Total misperception, Mat. One can be greatly used of God with only a high school education or less, it's happened many many times. So anointing and accomplishment over academics is certainly noteworthy.

But if preachers is gonna list/claim degrees, ummmm, wouldn't ya think they oughtta be from credible real institutions?
Acts-pert Poster
10/20/15 9:32 am

Post Re: Accomplishments over accademics Mat
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Mat wrote:

Mat

Total misperception, Mat. One can be greatly used of God with only a high school education or less, it's happened many many times. So anointing and accomplishment over academics is certainly noteworthy.

But if preachers is gonna list/claim degrees, ummmm, wouldn't ya think they oughtta be from credible real institutions?

I believe you mistook me concerning my comment about accomplishments over academics.

1 - I do think that accomplishments are more important then degrees.

2 - Having a doctorate from the most prestigious and academically acclaimed seminary in the world is of little value if your faith in the Word of God is abandoned, like the Episcopal Church (very well educated reprobates).

3 - OTCP, perhaps you need to speak to the culture of your own denomination if you feel that "bogus" degrees are being touted as a justification/qualification for leadership advancement and positions. There must be a perceived need to list some kind of advanced degree if one wants to "move up" in the leadership structure. To me, this requires a "top down" fix. You have been committed to a "bottom up" crusade for sometime now. Judging by the evidence that you have provided, on an almost daily basis, you may be jousting at windmills my friend.

As Paul struggled against false apostles (who had no proof of their apostleship except for some questionable letters from Jerusalem), there might be a place in the church to call out false doctors (theologically speaking) who have questionable "letters" and no ministry proof of their title.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
10/20/15 10:36 am

Post c6thplayer1
I think we should start awarding everyone a PHD in theology that attends our churches and use the the title Dr every time we speak to each other. Especially when those are present with a milled degree. the more we make fun of them the more likely they will be shamed by their phony papers. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/20/15 10:39 am

Post Dr. c6thplayer1 Mat
c6thplayer1 wrote:
I think we should start awarding everyone a PHD in theology that attends our churches and use the the title Dr every time we speak to each other. Especially when those are present with a milled degree. the more we make fun of them the more likely they will be shamed by their phony papers.

Dr. c6thplayer1,

As you say, so it is. You are so award your PhD (in theology) by the Men's Bible Class of your local church. You may now wear your robe open (not your bath robe).

Dr. Mat
Acts Enthusiast
10/20/15 10:51 am

Post Da Sheik
I followed the trails using deductive reasoning skills (i.e. "cut & paste"). Needless to say, I got a good chuckle along the way. Laughing

I had a little difficulty locating the two higher learning establishments in the last example. Embarassed
Acts Enthusiast
10/20/15 1:54 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
That Jacksonville one is near my office - I am going to stop by this week and see what I can pick up.
Dr. NBF
10/20/15 3:28 pm

Post Re: Dr. c6thplayer1 c6thplayer1
Mat wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:
I think we should start awarding everyone a PHD in theology that attends our churches and use the the title Dr every time we speak to each other. Especially when those are present with a milled degree. the more we make fun of them the more likely they will be shamed by their phony papers.

Dr. c6thplayer1,

As you say, so it is. You are so award your PhD (in theology) by the Men's Bible Class of your local church. You may now wear your robe open (not your bath robe).

Dr. Mat

thank you Dr. Mat , but what do we call OT , his is a real PHD? { I hope its not what some call him.... Cool
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/20/15 9:31 pm

Post Re: Accomplishments over accademics Old Time Country Preacher
1. Mat said: I do think that accomplishments are more important then degrees.

Accomplishments, an I take it that you are meanin ministry accomplishments (e.g., growin a church, winnin souls, etc.) have to do with the results of a fellers labors. Its apples an oranges to compare accomplishments with academics as though its gotta be one or the other. It don't. Fellers with little academic trainin (no degrees) an fellers with much academic trainin (one or more degrees) seek the same thing in ministry---fruit from their labors. An for some, the degree is their accomplishment, cause the degree(s) has enabled them to serve where they servin (specifically in academic positions).

2. Mat said: Having a doctorate from the most prestigious and academically acclaimed seminary in the world is of little value if your faith in the Word of God is abandoned, like the Episcopal Church (very well educated reprobates).

Couldn't agree with ya more, Mat, you exactly right in your above comment. Problem is, not one post I ever posted bout academic degrees has to do with educated idiots, folk who have substituted their academic training for the anointing, or nothin of the sort. Ever single one a ma posts has to do with credibility, legitimacy, an integrity in the listin an usage of credentials.

3. Mat said: There must be a perceived need to list some kind of advanced degree if one wants to "move up" in the leadership structure.

Nope, in the COG, except for the fellers who serve in academic institutions, listin advanced degrees aint typically the primary MO for "moving up" in the leadership structure. But at ever level, from pastors of very small churches, to pastors of large churches, to AB's, to executive level positions, ya got fellers who feel the need to obtain an list academic degrees. An unfortunately, this causes some fellers to abandon ethical purity, obtain a degree that is either from a blatant degree mill (dollars for the diploma) or a "institution" whose level of academic rigor (e.g., degrees for life experience; a one page paper for a 3-hour doctoral course; etc.) would be laughed at among legitimate academics.

4. Mat said, Judging by the evidence that you have provided, on an almost daily basis, you may be jousting at windmills my friend.

Nope, just wantin to make preachers in general aware of an existing problem, an offer a caveat to those preachers who would be tempted to bypass given norms of academic training an pursue the unethical route of a degree mill.
Acts-pert Poster
10/21/15 1:03 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
That Jacksonville one is near my office - I am going to stop by this week and see what I can pick up.
Dr. NBF

NBF, as JTS if they will give ya a syllabus for one a their doctoral courses, an if they will, post it on Acts. If so, you fellers will see requirements are nowhere near that of legitimate doctoral studies.
Acts-pert Poster
10/21/15 1:06 am

Da Sheik wrote:
I followed the trails using deductive reasoning skills (i.e. "cut & paste"). Needless to say, I got a good chuckle along the way. Laughing

I had a little difficulty locating the two higher learning establishments in the last example. Embarassed

Could it be cause.....................they don't exist? Shocked
Acts-pert Poster
10/21/15 1:07 am

c6thplayer1 wrote:
the more we make fun of them the more likely they will be shamed by their phony papers.

Sounds like a plan, C6, but so sadly, some fellers aint got no shame.
Acts-pert Poster
10/21/15 1:08 am

Post OTCP is very gracious ... Mat
OTCP,

OTCP I think you are being very "gracious" to the culture of your denomination (COG) when it comes to leadership feeling a need to list advanced degrees as part of why they are in their position, or why they should be considered for a position. Now "the Great Church of God" is dear to our hearts, but focusing on the individual misuse of the title "Doctor" and/or the sham nature of institutions that award such bogus degrees, does not address why the leadership structure allows such behavior. Perhaps you would be more successful in your quest if you listed leadership by name who are misusing the title of "Doctor", or are "flying false colors" when it comes to academic accomplishment.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
10/21/15 9:13 am

Post A couple of remarks Daniel Rushing
1. Are all of these Church of God administrators, or this a sampling you've found?

2. Never, ever, for reasons of basic discretion, should anyone get a degree from an institution whose abbreviation is TITS. Shocked
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/21/15 9:20 am

Post Re: A couple of remarks Cojak
Daniel Rushing wrote:
1. Are all of these Church of God administrators, or this a sampling you've found?

2. Never, ever, for reasons of basic discretion, should anyone get a degree from an institution whose abbreviation is TITS. Shocked

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/21/15 9:35 am

Post Re: Administrative Level Questionable Credentials (L) Cojak
No names, just a brief verbatim statement from the websites. ...
Check out TWCC and TITS, where are they??

These are our administrators in the COG? Near the top tier or climbing? It makes me wonder, sitting in the pew. BUT if their WORKS have been top of the line, the 'degrees' would not bother me. HOwever if they have never accomplished anything.... then I would be sorta put out at claiming something. Dr. Cojak
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/21/15 9:42 am

Post Re: A couple of remarks Old Time Country Preacher
Daniel Rushing wrote:

1. All listed are COG, they our boys.

2. This is exactly how the school is listed in print.
Acts-pert Poster
10/21/15 10:02 am

Post Re: A couple of remarks c6thplayer1
Daniel Rushing wrote:

Dr. Daniels has a good point Dr. Cojak. Thats about all Dr. C6thplayer has to say.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/21/15 10:39 am

Post Re: A couple of remarks Old Time Country Preacher
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Daniel Rushing wrote:

Dr. Daniels has a good point Dr. Cojak. Thats about all Dr. C6thplayer has to say.

Let me ast Dr.'s C6thplayer, Cojak & Rushing a question. What was the title a yalls dissertation? How many pages was it? How many sources did ya use? Did ya pad ya bibliography, or did ya place in the bibliography only those sources ya quote in the body of ya dissertation? Did ya make an original contribution to ya field of study? Did each member of a doctoral committee approve it? Did ya use Turabian or APA? Is ya dissertation available on either ProQuest or TREN? I know these is little non-essentials, but I was just wondrin. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
10/21/15 2:11 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic