Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Sanctify this food an bless it for the nourishment of my body??? (P)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Sanctify this food an bless it for the nourishment of my body??? (P) Old Time Country Preacher
Is it pleasing to God to pray over food like this (200 fat grams), ask him to nourish our body with it, then dig in and eat?

Acts-pert Poster
10/12/15 10:35 pm

Post Link
As opposed to not giving thanks?

You don't have to eat the whole thing all at once.
10/12/15 11:56 pm

Post For this coronary I'm about to receive roughridercog
May I be truly grateful
10/13/15 8:58 am

Post Clint Wills
Link wrote:

While I always thank God for food and the resources to be able to purchase it, I have started leaving off the "bless it to the nourishment of our bodies" bit when that just seems unreasonable.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/13/15 9:09 am

Post diakoneo
Clint Wills wrote:
Link wrote:

While I always thank God for food and the resources to be able to purchase it, I have started leaving off the "bless it to the nourishment of our bodies" bit when that just seems unreasonable.

And that would be the case here Razz
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/13/15 10:35 am

Post Re: Sanctify this food an bless it for the nourishment of my body??? (P) Nature Boy Florida
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Is it pleasing to God to pray over food like this (200 fat grams), ask him to nourish our body with it, then dig in and eat?

If you were starving and that is all that was available...
10/13/15 11:51 am

Post Re: Sanctify this food an bless it for the nourishment of my body??? (P) Old Time Country Preacher
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

If you were starving and that is all that was available...

Course, ifn a feller was starvin an all i guess he would eat possum chittlins. But two days a week down at the Greasy Spoon Cafe is a bit different.
Acts-pert Poster
10/13/15 1:29 pm

Post Cojak
Link wrote:

YOu said it! 4 meals! Smile The FF are bad for you! Shocked Drop 'em.

I think I remember an article this was listed in and they were joking about the heart attack burger, I believe it was called that. Sorta sick humor. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/13/15 9:47 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:

I think I remember an article this was listed in and they were joking about the heart attack burger, I believe it was called that. Sorta sick humor. Embarassed

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqf_SIQ3JAk
Acts-pert Poster
10/13/15 10:34 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Dont worry about it , before long there will be a study that says this is good for you..... Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/14/15 9:26 am

Post Re: Sanctify this food an bless it for the nourishment of my body??? (P) John Jett

I would, but I'm pretty sure He'd lead me to throw away the bun and fries first.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
10/14/15 11:49 am

Post Re: Sanctify this food an bless it for the nourishment of my body??? (P) Dave Dorsey
John Jett wrote:
I would, but I'm pretty sure He'd lead me to throw away the bun and fries first.

Was thinking the same thing! If you lose the bun and the fries, I eat stuff like this pretty routinely. Down 30 lbs since Memorial Day, and my labs are the best they've been in years.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/14/15 1:03 pm

Post Re: Sanctify this food an bless it for the nourishment of my body??? (P) shaunbwilson
Dave Dorsey wrote:
John Jett wrote:

Was thinking the same thing! If you lose the bun and the fries, I eat stuff like this pretty routinely. Down 30 lbs since Memorial Day, and my labs are the best they've been in years.

You beat me to it. Lost 95 pounds. Today I weigh 150 lbs. The purpose of this post must have been to highlight the heart attack-inducing bread and non-alchoholic fatty liver disease-inducing fries. :oD
10/14/15 4:53 pm

Post Link
When I was in Columbus, OH, some guys from work wanted us all to go out for lunch to this burger place called Thurman's. It was a tiny place, and served huge hamburgers the size of the one in the picture. I don't remember how much of it I ate.

There were some people who came there who were stopping at burger places that served really large burgers.

But the burger was just big. It wasn't particularly good. It didn't taste any better than a regular hamburger, and not as good as what I would eat at home on the very rare occasions that I eat a burger at home. Hamburger meat isn't the best tasting meat, and it tasted like a lot of relatively unseasoned hamburger meat. You'd think a specialty burger place would marinade or season or something, or at least use some really special bread. But if they can crowd their dining room out and even serve people coming in from out of town to eat there without serving anything that tastes especially good, why would they bother?

I'm a little spoiled when it comes to food, though. My wife is exceptionally talented as a cook. But we don't do a lot of burgers at home. I eat lots of different kinds of Asian food, though.
10/14/15 7:57 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic