Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Ronnie Brock funeral

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Ronnie Brock funeral Eddie Robbins
Posted by Pastor Kelvin Page:

The Funeral for The Rev. Ronnie Brock will be held Saturday at 2:00 pm at Westmore. The viewing will be prior to the funeral. Further details will be pending.

Last edited by Eddie Robbins on 10/12/15 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
10/10/15 12:50 pm

Post He has been a blessing to my life doyle
I love Ronnie. Always will. He has often been a blessing to my life. I was blessed by his preaching, singing and leading worship. Our family was blessed when he was our pastor at North Cleveland.

In my opinion, Ronnie and Steve preached what may be one of the most fantastic Campmeetings in my life. That week, over 100 received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. Jimmy Carter was Governor of Georgia and attended the Georgia Campmeeting. Ronnie did not hold back one bit but preached with all his heart.

If I remember correctly, Steve sang "I'm Almost Home" and it seemed the power of God poured down upon us. At the altar call, Jimmy Carter knelt to pray. COG preachers gathered around him, laid hands on him (the security guards almost had a heart-attack) and prayed that God would bless his life.

There were times when Ronnie struggled. Sometimes he was on top of the mountain and sometimes the mountain was on top of him. I choose to remember when he was a powerful force for God and for good.

There are times when we all struggle. His became public but time-after-time, he tried to rise above what was dragging him down. On several occasions after he pastored North Cleveland, I was in worship services where he was preaching.

The last time I heard him was while working in Washington, DC. He was preaching at National Church of God where Steve Lowery was pastor. How wonderful that Steve would allow Ronnie to preach there. Ronnie was once again trying to pull things together.

I will never forget a sermon Ronnie once preached at North Cleveland, "What To Do When The Manna Stops." It was about the day when Manna, which Israel had enjoyed each day for decades, stopped.

Right now, some of you may be facing a time when what you have depended on for years, has stopped. Members may have walked out or a family situation may have gone from bad to worse. Possibly a job that once provided well for your family, has been phased out.

The Manna may have stopped but the One who sent the Manna has not walked away. He is preparing something new.

Though I do give honor to those who by their work, have reached a milestone of accomplishment, in my opinion, among we who love the Lord, there is no greater title than "Brother or Sister."

Ronnie Brock: What an incredible man. I was and am glad to call him "Brother Ron."

Doyle
10/10/15 10:17 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Seen on Facebook: This was posted by Tony Brock, son of Steve & Pat. "Early this morning my uncle, Ronnie Brock, went home to be with the Lord in his sleep. We know that he is at peace in heaven and our entire family is truly thankful for all the prayers of so many friends. The funeral will be held in Cleveland, TN on Saturday, October 17th and as more details concerning the time and location are determined we will share them with you.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/11/15 12:11 am

Post Re: He has been a blessing to my life georgiapath
doyle wrote:
I love Ronnie. Always will. He has often been a blessing to my life. I was blessed by his preaching, singing and leading worship. Our family was blessed when he was our pastor at North Cleveland.

In my opinion, Ronnie and Steve preached what may be one of the most fantastic Campmeetings in my life. That week, over 100 received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. Jimmy Carter was Governor of Georgia and attended the Georgia Campmeeting. Ronnie did not hold back one bit but preached with all his heart.

If I remember correctly, Steve sang "I'm Almost Home" and it seemed the power of God poured down upon us. At the altar call, Jimmy Carter knelt to pray. COG preachers gathered around him, laid hands on him (the security guards almost had a heart-attack) and prayed that God would bless his life.

There were times when Ronnie struggled. Sometimes he was on top of the mountain and sometimes the mountain was on top of him. I choose to remember when he was a powerful force for God and for good.

There are times when we all struggle. His became public but time-after-time, he tried to rise above what was dragging him down. On several occasions after he pastored North Cleveland, I was in worship services where he was preaching.

The last time I heard him was while working in Washington, DC. He was preaching at National Church of God where Steve Lowery was pastor. How wonderful that Steve would allow Ronnie to preach there. Ronnie was once again trying to pull things together.

I will never forget a sermon Ronnie once preached at North Cleveland, "What To Do When The Manna Stops." It was about the day when Manna, which Israel had enjoyed each day for decades, stopped.

Right now, some of you may be facing a time when what you have depended on for years, has stopped. Members may have walked out or a family situation may have gone from bad to worse. Possibly a job that once provided well for your family, has been phased out.

The Manna may have stopped but the One who sent the Manna has not walked away. He is preparing something new.

Though I do give honor to those who by their work, have reached a milestone of accomplishment, in my opinion, among we who love the Lord, there is no greater title than "Brother or Sister."

Ronnie Brock: What an incredible man. I was and am glad to call him "Brother Ron."

Doyle

Amen, good post.
Acts-dicted
10/11/15 6:39 am

Post georgiapath
Will someone please post the obit?

Thnaks
Acts-dicted
10/12/15 10:02 am

Post caveator
Reverend Ronald E. Brock age 70 a resident of Johnstown PA., and formerly of Cleveland passed away Saturday October 10, 2015 in a Johnston health care facility. The family will receive friends at Westmore Church of God in Cleveland TN., Saturday October 17, 2015 from 12noon until 2pm. A Remembrance of Life service will be held at 2 o'clock at the church. Jim Rush Funeral and Cremation Services North Ocoee St. Chapel will announce survivors and complete funeral arrangements. Acts-celerater
10/14/15 9:26 pm

Post Ronnie Brock Funeral Wayne1
Ronnie was a greaat friend. He did a tremendous work while working with clients at Peniel. He will be missed. New Member
10/16/15 4:14 pm

Post georgiapath
The obit said he passed in a healthcare facility in Johnstown, Mass, had not heard that he was sick. Acts-dicted
10/18/15 12:24 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I don't know, but I'm guessing that to be Johnstown, PA since he was in PA. Acts-pert Poster
10/18/15 7:34 pm

Post georgiapath
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I don't know, but I'm guessing that to be Johnstown, PA since he was in PA.

You are right, I typed the wrong state by mistake.
Acts-dicted
10/18/15 9:11 pm

Post the funeral was beautiful cogalltheway
all the participating ministers did an excellent job. As I sat there, I couldn't help but be overcome with emotion as the life of Ronnie was so beautifully illustrated.

I did have one question. If Ronnie was the pastor of North Cleveland, why was his funeral at Westmoore? I know both congregations are tremendous, but wouldn't it have made more sense to host the service in the house of worship where he served?

I know that doesn't really matter, but I just wondered. I saw Pastor Maloney there and I dont know him well enough to ask. Any insight on this?
Friendly Face
10/19/15 4:01 pm

Post georgiapath
I wondered too. Acts-dicted
10/19/15 7:22 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
That is up to the family. Greg Rush is related to Ronnie and attends Westmore as well as the owner of Rush Funeral Home. Also, if you remember, Ronnie attended Westmore when he was in town and called Kelvin Page his pastor. Acts-pert Poster
10/20/15 7:57 am

Post COG a Long Time
Beautiful service for a wonderful person - Ronnie Brock!

I remember when the Brock brothers conducted revivals for weeks. Brother Rice was right about the meetings lasting much longer than scheduled. I think they called them "protracted meetings." (I think I just told my age.)

My dad pastored and then went into "state work." I remember what he told a pastor who was disappointed when Ronnie and Steve extended a revival at another church and couldn't come when scheduled. He wanted my dad to call them and tell them they had to honor their commitment. My dad said something like, "Let me give you some advice - take them when you can get them. If they told you they will come, they will. Let the excitement build! Your church will be full and you won't believe what will happen." Dad's words came true! Our family attended one night and the "house was packed" and the Holy Ghost kept sweeping through like waves of Pentecost! If I remember correctly, the revival was extended at this church too for at least two more weeks!

I'm glad Brother Rice shared the story about Birmingham! He is a master story teller. How many times have you heard him tell about dancing across the front of the church with the 300 pound woman because there were plenty to choose from, but he grabbed the closest one? He still has it - what a sense of humor! I've heard him tell that story more times than I can count, but every time is just like the first time!!!

As usual, Pastor Page was "right on it." His honesty, sincerity, and transparency were inspiring, calming, and uplifting. God certainly gave him the proper words to say through the power of the Holy Spirit!

Carmen, unbelievable! I have never heard a better tribute! I will never forget the way she talked to her father. Her heritage echoed through every word she spoke!

Finally, I closed my eyes and listened to Hands. It took me back to the late 60's and early 70's when Steve and Ronnie sang it all over the country at churches and Campmeetings.

Thank you for such an inspiring service to a brother in the Lord!
10/21/15 12:12 pm

Post georgiapath
Can it be seen on line somewhere? Acts-dicted
10/22/15 12:34 pm

Post HighFive
georgiapath wrote:
Can it be seen on line somewhere?

Go to KELVIN PAGE on Facebook. The video is on his wall.[/b]
10/23/15 4:57 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Thank yall for referencing the Facebook page. I just watched the funeral, very good job by all involved. Acts-pert Poster
10/23/15 11:38 pm

Post georgiapath
HighFive wrote:
georgiapath wrote:
Can it be seen on line somewhere?

Go to KELVIN PAGE on Facebook. The video is on his wall.[/b]

Can you please post it on Acts? Thanks
Acts-dicted
10/25/15 6:03 pm

Post Youtube video Given_Another_Chance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV3V55ZFENc&feature=youtu.be Friendly Face
10/25/15 6:19 pm

Post Re: Youtube video georgiapath
Given_Another_Chance wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV3V55ZFENc&feature=youtu.be

Thank you so much, I just watched it. What a great tribute to a great man.
Acts-dicted
10/25/15 10:27 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic