Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Cochlear Implant, Turned on
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Cochlear Implant, Turned on Cojak
Today was the day. It works. Not perfect, but as the Dr. says no one knows until it is switched on. I had determined if I could hear at all in the left ear it would be a success. I completed the turn on, answering all the questions from the Dr. with out the aid of my right ear. So I am a happy camper.

Everyone sounds like Donald Duck but I can handle that. Mrs. Doctor says over a period of time the brain will switch to mostly normal voices.

No intensive therapy required and She said what a lot of Doctors used to say. Come back it you need me, other wise all is well.

I wanted to thank the folks here on Acts for your thoughts and prayers.
Thanks.
PS: For the first time in years my wife could talk in the car over the road noise. MOST OF ALL Smile I could hear the turn signals.... hahahahaha
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/9/15 3:16 pm

Post c6thplayer1
thank God for Dr.'s. I am very happy for you Cojak!!!!!! Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/9/15 4:00 pm

Post diakoneo
Thanks for the praise report!

Glad it well and the sound of the voices(like cartoon) is the same my friend experienced. It will get much better!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/9/15 4:20 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
That is fabulous news, Cojak! So happy to hear this!

You said "without the aid of the right ear." Does that mean you still can't hear out of the right ear? I think before you had just a little hearing in it.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/9/15 5:09 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Praise the Lord! Very happy for you, brother! [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/9/15 5:36 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Great news there, Cojak. Hey, give the ole timer a call, I know you wanna hear ma voice. Wink Acts-pert Poster
10/9/15 6:46 pm

Post Eduardo Nieves
Praise the Lord! I'm so happy for you!
Romanos 8:37
37 Sin embargo, en todo esto somos más que vencedores por medio de aquel que nos amó.

"A Church Without Walls, A Place for All People"
El Nuevo Mana
Eduardo Nieves
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/9/15 7:43 pm

Post Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
That is fabulous news, Cojak! So happy to hear this!

You said "without the aid of the right ear." Does that mean you still can't hear out of the right ear? I think before you had just a little hearing in it.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I do have about 3-5% in the right ear and the hearing aid still helps. But with the aid out, I hear NO sound in the right.

On the trip home from Durham, I asked my wife to drive, since the implant is on the left side and would be towards her..We laughed at the turn signals. Every time she turned on a signal I could hear it click. I would say, "Your turn signal is on."

Sort of an inside joke, in the motor home many times changing lanes etc the signal will not go off, I would leave it on for miles and SOMEONE would say. 'YOur turn signal is on'.

I have noticed also that the implant is like a hearing aid in one respect, it is not directional. I cannot tell from whence a sound originates.

BUT I am very happy I had it done... Thinking about another one, but this time I expect x-ray vision.
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
10/9/15 7:57 pm

Post Cojak
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Great news there, Cojak. Hey, give the ole timer a call, I know you wanna hear ma voice. Wink

Not that is one thing that is still out and may never happen, the phone. Mrs Dr. says, after I take this thing for a ride for awhile we may try the phone addition. So I will wait for a month or so, maybe in the spring for the phone call.

(But I am booking revivals via e-mail, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )
10/9/15 8:07 pm

Post georgiapath
Great news, I am so glad it is working out for you. Acts-dicted
10/10/15 7:18 am

Post I'm so excited for you roughridercog
Thanking God for this technology He allowed mankind to have.
10/10/15 8:29 am

Post sheepdogandy
YAY! Very Happy

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/10/15 9:05 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
So good to hear! [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/10/15 10:04 am

Post Cojak
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
So good to hear!
Smile Thumb Up
10/10/15 10:47 am

Post Congrats Cojak! FG Minister
What a blessing! Acts-celerater
10/11/15 7:05 am

Post Church Cojak
I drove the Cochlear Implant to church for the first time today. It was too soon, but I did hear over half the sermon. If I don't handle it well I may shop around for a pastor who delivers more in the same range. We have a wonderful pastor, I am not leaving NOW, but if I cannot handle it any better I might need to see how it goes some place else.

We leave for Florida soon so I will get the chance to see how it is in other church environments. On TV I can understand most preachers now. The best is Hayford, I seldom miss a word. I haven't tried Charles STanley, does he still preach on TV? He was the last preacher I could hear and that was 15 yrs ago.

I left church with a headache this morning because I could not keep up with the ups and downs of the volume.

BUT but, I did understand the words of a song for the first time in 20 years. That is a plus. I have a great voice (Usually off key but great Smile Embarassed )

Today I was able to sing with the congregation without wondering if I am too loud, off key or singing the wrong song. Very Happy Very Happy

Too early to judge, but I think I am going to be VERY HAPPY. Very Happy
10/11/15 1:58 pm

Post Cojak
My wife just took a call. (I still cannot converse on the phone yet), but a dear friend, and retired COG pastor had read about the implant on Acts and called to congratulate us on the operation. Another reason I like Acts.

There are some wonderful folk in Gaston County, NC. And when we are in the area we usually run into someone we know.

At the restaurant today for lunch another friend, a local COG pastor sat beside us and even in the crowd, I was able to understand a good bit of the conversation.

I am thinking already of a second implant. Then I can have duals! Smile
10/11/15 8:44 pm

Post JLarry
Cojak I am enjoying the good news you are posting.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
10/12/15 6:22 am

Post Re: Cochlear Implant, Turned on Methocostal
That is marvelous news Cojak! Praise the Lord.

Cojak wrote:
Today was the day. It works. Not perfect, but as the Dr. says no one knows until it is switched on. I had determined if I could hear at all in the left ear it would be a success. I completed the turn on, answering all the questions from the Dr. with out the aid of my right ear. So I am a happy camper.

Everyone sounds like Donald Duck but I can handle that. Mrs. Doctor says over a period of time the brain will switch to mostly normal voices.

No intensive therapy required and She said what a lot of Doctors used to say. Come back it you need me, other wise all is well.

I wanted to thank the folks here on Acts for your thoughts and prayers.
Thanks.
PS: For the first time in years my wife could talk in the car over the road noise. MOST OF ALL Smile I could hear the turn signals.... hahahahaha
Friendly Face
10/12/15 12:44 pm

Post Re: Church Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
On TV I can understand most preachers now. The best is Hayford, I seldom miss a word. I haven't tried Charles STanley, does he still preach on TV? He was the last preacher I could hear and that was 15 yrs ago.

Cojak, son, the ole timer is elated (had to look at one up in the dictionery) that ya able to hear. I can't even think a what it would be like not to be able to hear, so thank the good Lord in heaven ya can hear agin.

PS...Just be real keerful which one a them TV preachers ya listen to now. Hayford/Stanley, they OK, but at woffie gang, son you best to keep channel surfin till ya land on a good one. Cause even though ya can hear an all, hey, some a them fellers ya don't need to hear. An this aint no hijak, cause I'm talkin bout the biblical use of a cochlear implant. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
10/12/15 1:49 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic