Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

John the Baptist, stillborn?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post John the Baptist, stillborn? Mat
In a discussion with a fellow pastor the teaching that John the Baptist was still born until the Holy Spirit entered him came up. Neither one of us subscribe to or believe this, but we were interested in the source of such a teaching. We both thought it was a Word of Faith or Branham type teaching, but after a few "Google" searches I can't find anything that would point in that direction.

I found a book that was written by a Mormon who used John the Baptist infilling as proof that stillborn children go to heaven. The RCC have a lot to say about John the Baptist and his being sanctified from original sin, which is the exception, so according to them you need to get those babies baptized by the church or they are going to hell.

Does anyone here have a source on such a teaching? I'm thinking it is extra-Biblical, perhaps someones revelation or word.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
10/5/15 2:56 pm

Post Re: John the Baptist, stillborn? Old Time Country Preacher
Mat wrote:
We both thought it was a Word of Faith or Branham type teaching, but after a few "Google" searches I can't find anything that would point in that direction.

I betya they is a serpent seed in there sommers.
Acts-pert Poster
10/5/15 4:02 pm

Post Re: John the Baptist, stillborn? John Jett

Last edited by John Jett on 10/6/15 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
10/5/15 4:19 pm

Post Link
I'd never heard of this teaching before reading this thread. Who else has heard it?
10/5/15 6:08 pm

Post BromptonFalls
That seems like quite a stretch to me
10/5/15 11:17 pm

Post I agree ... Mat
BromptonFalls wrote:
That seems like quite a stretch to me

I agree, however just about the time you think you have heard all the "deviation" from orthodoxy another "strange bird" flies by. I think of Acts-celerate as a something like the streets of Athens in the Book of Acts. We are always interested in hearing something different or new.

As I said, in my Google search (who would have reference books for such ideas) this teaching most closely resembles a Mormon teaching on stillbirths. Since they, like OTCP's people over at WOF, are given to extra-Biblical revelation, I thought someone may have encountered such a teaching. I would like to identify the source.

As it was explained to me, John the Baptist was not moving in his mother womb until the encounter with Mary who was pregnant with Jesus. At that point John was given "new life" and filled with the Holy Spirit. This is why he jumped in his mother's womb. Again, I disagree with this teaching.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
10/6/15 7:32 am

Post Re: John the Baptist, stillborn? Quiet Wyatt
Pentecostal/charismatic doctrine and history has been a major interest of mine for over 25 years, and I can say I have never heard of anyone claiming John the Baptist was 'stillborn' until he was filled with the Holy Spirit in his mother's womb. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/6/15 9:15 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic