Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Carson now leads Trump in one significant poll (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Carson now leads Trump in one significant poll (L) Resident Skeptic
I understand that this poll is known for its accuracy.

However, in other polls Trump is still leading significantly.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-polls/100215-773897-donald-trump-trails-ben-carson-in-ibd-tipp-poll.htm
10/4/15 8:40 am

Post Cojak
BUT, but we are early in the game. I still like polls, that is the beauty of phones and the internet, the polls are becoming more accurate and scientific. We US citizens are a fickle bunch and we know these polls are interesting and can't wait for the next one to come out, but the ones that count are the ones a week before the actual vote.
BUT they are fun to follow and at time frustrating, but always entertaining. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/4/15 10:19 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Cojak wrote:
BUT, but we are early in the game. I still like polls, that is the beauty of phones and the internet, the polls are becoming more accurate and scientific. We US citizens are a fickle bunch and we know these polls are interesting and can't wait for the next one to come out, but the ones that count are the ones a week before the actual vote.
BUT they are fun to follow and at time frustrating, but always entertaining. Cool

We are indeed fickle. Just look at how often the lead changed in the 2012 GOP primary.

However, if Carson can't or won't match Trump on immigration, Trump will win.
10/4/15 12:09 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
We need about 7 to drop out. Acts-pert Poster
10/4/15 1:07 pm

Post Link
Look at this part of the article.

Quote:
The October poll, conducted from Sept. 26 to Oct. 1, included 377 registered voters who are Republican or registered independents who lean toward the Republican Party, with a margin of error of +/- 5 percentage points.

I wonder if the issue is the population we are looking at. Are other polls of people in general, and this one focuses on Republicans and independents who lean Republican? That could explain the difference.

I still wonder, why Carson? He may be smart, but how does performing surgery on babies qualify one to be president? The advantage I see is that he is strongly anti-abortion, but so are some candidates with relevant experience. We've already had a black president, so the white guilt thing won't get him in, and that sort of thing doesn't seem to work for Republican candidates anyway. The way he talks is kind of boring, too.
10/4/15 1:09 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Link wrote:
Look at this part of the article.

Quote:
The October poll, conducted from Sept. 26 to Oct. 1, included 377 registered voters who are Republican or registered independents who lean toward the Republican Party, with a margin of error of +/- 5 percentage points.

I wonder if the issue is the population we are looking at. Are other polls of people in general, and this one focuses on Republicans and independents who lean Republican? That could explain the difference.

I still wonder, why Carson? He may be smart, but how does performing surgery on babies qualify one to be president? The advantage I see is that he is strongly anti-abortion, but so are some candidates with relevant experience. We've already had a black president, so the white guilt thing won't get him in, and that sort of thing doesn't seem to work for Republican candidates anyway. The way he talks is kind of boring, too.

How does a community organizer qualify for president? He really wasnt squat { and still is } but the media had to insert something quick. However he does have the same qualifications as Al sharpton.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/4/15 1:28 pm

Post John Jett
I like my neighbor's positions on the issues, but he's not qualified either. Ben Carson is a nice guy, but that doesn't make him Presidential. If it weren't voter frustration with the party establishment, Ben Carson would be at <1%. Right now, any of them that are seen as outside the establishment will poll higher. Take Trump, Fiorina, Carson and some of Cruz's numbers, add that together, and that will be what the establishment front-runner will have to face in the end. Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
10/5/15 9:29 am

Post Ventureforth
I would agree that a president needs to have a personality that conveys to people(e.g congress, etc.) that he or she won't be pushed around. But even that has its limits. Enter Trump. Trump's personality communicates that he is an effective, take-charge leader but I think he is making all sorts of promises he may not be able to deliver on. We'll see a little more clearly after his ideas are sliced and diced in future debates whether he a good leader or just a master of public perception. And some of his comments go well beneath a candidate for the presidency, even more so for a president.
Let's give Carson a chance before we write him off as not being presidential. He may surprise us.
Acts-celerater
10/5/15 1:55 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic