Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I am sure it is isolated, refugee refusing Red Cross help

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I am sure it is isolated, refugee refusing Red Cross help Cojak
but this video of refusing help, is sickening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRhI0Xqv5Rc

I cannot hear nor understand this, but it is obvious the Red Cross supplies are being rejected in this case.
I watched more amateur videos of riots by refugees and I can get the idea of frustrations by the Europeans.
But like the USA, when a riot is going on the ones hurt are the home and store owners in the area and they are concerned at losing what they have and due to nothing of their making. SAD

Lots of healthy young men leaving their country. SAD also.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/1/15 8:31 am

Post Re: I am sure it is isolated, refugee refusing Red Cross help Nick Park
Cojak wrote:
but this video of refusing help, is sickening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRhI0Xqv5Rc

I cannot hear nor understand this, but it is obvious the Red Cross supplies are being rejected in this case.
I watched more amateur videos of riots by refugees and I can get the idea of frustrations by the Europeans.
But like the USA, when a riot is going on the ones hurt are the home and store owners in the area and they are concerned at losing what they have and due to nothing of their making. SAD

Lots of healthy young men leaving their country. SAD also.

Some people in Europe have a naive idea that every refugee is going to be humbly grateful for every bit of help they receive. Human nature is not like that.

There are hundreds of thousands of refugees on the move across Europe. Think of any city of that size in the US. Is any such city composed entirely of nice law abiding people? Or do they inevitably include a certain number of psychopaths, drunks, mentally ill, rapists, gangbangers etc?

Then add in the factor that many of these people have witnessed (and in some cases experienced) horrendous atrocities of murder and torture. They have also learned to hate and fear anyone that wears a uniform.

It would be folly to think that they are all wonderful people, nearly as much folly as assuming that they are all religious fundamentalists who will unite to form an army.

History tells us that many of the immigrants that came to the US generations ago were a similar mixed bunch of people. Some of them were industrious and made great contributions to society. Others set up the mafia.

When such large numbers of people are on the move it is also inevitable that a few ISIS operatives will infiltrate them. The same thing happened in the 1930s where a small number of Nazi spies were among the Jewish refugees who fled Germany.

Some people ask why so many of the refugees are young males. The answer is that the route out of Syria, involving tiny boats crossing rough seas, is so arduous that only the fit will attempt it. A majority of the bodies that are washed up on the beaches each day are the old, women and children.

The current migration in Europe holds both great dangers and great opportunities. The rule of law needs to be upheld, and those who break it should be imprisoned and subject to the same penalties as anyone else in Europe. But I do believe that the correct and compassionate course of action is to receive the refugees. It also, in my opinion, represents the greatest opportunity for evangelism that the European church has encountered in my lifetime.

Please pray for the European Church. Next week I am in Germany addressing a gathering of Evangelical leaders from every country in Europe on how churches can respond to the crisis, win refugees to Christ, and see them added to our churches. Two weeks later I am addressing church leaders and politicians in Northern Ireland on the same issue. Then, in November, Grant McClung and I will be addressing European Pentecostal missionaries at their gathering in Italy on the missiological opportunities of the refugee crisis.

http://eaiseanchai.wordpress.com/
Acts Enthusiast
10/2/15 9:09 am

Post Nick Cojak
I agree with your logic, and it is true me thinks. As I said I am sure this is isolated considering the number of refugees. One thing that does bother me it is the number of military aged men who are engaged in this.

I am not gullible enough to think all refugees are good or bad. There is a cross section in every 'mass of people'.

Among the conspiracy theorists there is the rage that we are going to allow thousands of terrorists in to the USA. I do not agree, but I would be very ignorant, me thinks, to think that no terrorist minded folk would be among the refugees.

I do believe in refugee camps until the 'homeland' could be restored, or is that too much of a far out dream? Is it possible for these folk to return to a home?
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/2/15 9:53 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic