Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Prediction: Doubling Down on the Blood Moons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Prediction: Doubling Down on the Blood Moons Aaron Scott
How many high profile ministers do you think will apologize or say "I missed it" about the blood moons?

I believe they are SINCERE men. They simply have a bent toward trying, trying, trying to use scripture (or in this case, a form of almost-astrology) to understand and see the end.

But just as the 88 reasons in 1988 became the 89 reasons in 1989, so, too, I think will many either just ignore it and move on...or will double down and say that something hidden DID happen...or something WILL happen, etc.

What say ye?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/29/15 6:51 am

Post bonnie knox
Aaron, when I saw the video of Hugh Ross on John Hagee's show where a passionate John Hagee pointed his finger at the calm and reasonable Ross, and declared, "You're wrong!!" I realized something. I realized that John Hagee is not intentionally trying to dupe people; he actually believes this stuff. If his eyes could not be opened by the careful logic presented to him at that time, I don't think they will be opened now unless he humbles himself. From his past behavior that looks highly unlikely. (But I do believe in miracles.)
So, I'm putting my money on doubling down, so to speak.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/29/15 6:57 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
MHistorian Robert Mapes Anderson observed that the millennial expectation that "Jesus is coming soon" was the primary belief of early Pentecostalism. As a lover of history, I was absolutely fascinated when in Bible college I began to study the history of our movement. One thing that can definitely rightly be said about us is that there has always been a very strongly apocalyptic impulse among us.

During World War I, articles in Pentecostal periodicals often flatly asserted that the war was surely the beginnings of Armageddon, and that no Christian should have anything to do with it. (Absolute pacifism was also a strongly held belief among many Pentecostals until World War II). During virtually every decade of Pentecostalism, one can find abundant examples of apocalyptic speculation in light of current events. This has also been pejoratively called "newspaper exegesis."

Wisdom, experience and a plain reading of Scripture would indicate that all such speculation is absolutely fruitless and a real distraction from the task before us. This gospel of the kingdom must be preached for a witness into all people groups, and then the end shall come.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/29/15 9:17 am

Post Eddie Robbins
When a minister goes out on the limb with this sort of proclamation and it turns out to be false, it damages all of their other messages. Credibility goes right out the door unless they apologize and admit they were wrong. Jim Bakker wrote the book "I Was Wrong." That is one way to do it! Acts-pert Poster
9/29/15 9:57 am

Post Dave Dorsey
bonnie knox wrote:
Aaron, when I saw the video of Hugh Ross on John Hagee's show where a passionate John Hagee pointed his finger at the calm and reasonable Ross, and declared, "You're wrong!!" I realized something. I realized that John Hagee is not intentionally trying to dupe people; he actually believes this stuff. If his eyes could not be opened by the careful logic presented to him at that time, I don't think they will be opened now unless he humbles himself. From his past behavior that looks highly unlikely. (But I do believe in miracles.)
So, I'm putting my money on doubling down, so to speak.

A generous, and I think true, assertion. I've seen Hagee derided as a charlatan and a liar, just looking to cash in on evangelical dollars. I agree with you that that it is very likely not true. I think he's very sincere.

In terms of what comes next, that almost makes it worse. He is not a conman who now must simply leave town. He's a dedicated believer who has to put the pieces together, and very likely publish a book about where things go from here. Doubling down is almost a certainty. Finding out what was missed, and writing a new book about where things go from here.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/29/15 11:01 am

Post bonnie knox
Oh, I don't think he will realized he has "missed" anything. I don't think he gave a very specific time frame. I think he will see the next major Mid East upheaval as confirmation of the blood moons sign.
Or, as famousflavius mentioned in another thread, he will assume something has happened that we're not yet aware of.

Last edited by bonnie knox on 9/29/15 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/29/15 11:24 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I think I will gain 100 pounds and write another "I Was Wrong" book. Acts-pert Poster
9/29/15 11:27 am

Post bonnie knox
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I think I will gain 100 pounds and write another "I Was Wrong" book.

I'm going to write a book about all the folks banned on Acts and call it I Was Wronged. Wink
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/29/15 11:28 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
And I will write the sequel, "I'm telling you - I was really wronged!"
9/29/15 12:09 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
bonnie knox wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I think I will gain 100 pounds and write another "I Was Wrong" book.

I'm going to write a book about all the folks banned on Acts and call it I Was Wronged. Wink

"I Was Banned!"
Acts-pert Poster
9/29/15 12:10 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
bonnie knox wrote:

"Foreward written by Ma--"

Nevermind. I'm an admin, I've got to keep my manners. Laughing Laughing Laughing
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/29/15 12:16 pm

Post bonnie knox
Dave, it's foreword, not foreward. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/29/15 1:07 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Ahhh! I struggle to live under the burden of such embarrassment. Embarassed [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/29/15 1:32 pm

Post bonnie knox
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Ahhh! I struggle to live under the burden of such embarrassment. Embarassed

I think I read a piece by the late William Safire entitled "Foreword, Ho!" many years ago. That's when I first realized the introductory words in a book comprised a foreword.
(I'm sure that's something our dear, former Acts poster Ma___ would know.)

But, of course, I'm getting far afield. Again, to the OP, no, I don't think anyone will admit they got it wrong.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/29/15 3:27 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
As soon as you pointed it out to me, I made the connection to "word". I think I'll be able to avoid that mistake again.

Afterward, perhaps I'll see if there's a good trick for remembering that it's "afterword".
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/29/15 3:38 pm

Post JLarry
Looks like I am going to have to start typing in my word processor and pasting to Acts to avoid the embarrassment. I barely remember taking English, much less acing it.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
9/29/15 4:23 pm

Post Re: Prediction: Doubling Down on the Blood Moons Old Time Country Preacher
Aaron Scott wrote:
How many high profile ministers do you think will apologize or say "I missed it" about the blood moons?

I believe they are SINCERE men.

Even the devil is SINCERE. Sincerity alone is inadequate and faulty.

Sensationalists seldom if ever apologize or say "I missed it." They simply smooth it over an go on to the next tantalizing and titillating "truth."
Acts-pert Poster
9/29/15 5:22 pm

Post Re: Prediction: Doubling Down on the Blood Moons Quiet Wyatt
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

I believe they are SINCERE men.

Even the devil is SINCERE. Sincerity alone is inadequate and faulty.

Sensationalists seldom if ever apologize or say "I missed it." They simply smooth it over an go on to the next tantalizing and titillating "truth."

While I agree sincerity alone is not enough, it is absolutely not the case that the Devil is sincere, at least not if one is using the dictionary definition of the word.

http://i.word.com/idictionary/sincere
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/29/15 6:31 pm

Post deltaman
I just hope we don't get so cynical and critical of signs and false prophets that we miss the true signs and fail to hear the true prophet. I am always concerned about how quick we are to ridicule and make fun of some people and some events. But, I am not in favor or supportive of these guys who make money off of peoples ignorance of God's Word. Member
9/29/15 8:05 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
deltaman wrote:
I just hope we don't get so cynical and critical of signs and false prophets that we miss the true signs and fail to hear the true prophet. I am always concerned about how quick we are to ridicule and make fun of some people and some events. But, I am not in favor or supportive of these guys who make money off of peoples ignorance of God's Word.

Delta, I do understand what ya sayin. A feller can become so cynical that he don't believe nothin is from the good Lord. The ole timer is quick to expose the error of the error prone, but make no mistake, I am well aware they is a genuine, a true, a right, an always seek to embrace it.
Acts-pert Poster
9/29/15 9:08 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic