Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

"I don't repent of sins"

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post "I don't repent of sins" JLarry
Last week a lady told me she did not repent of her sins because Jesus has forgiven her of her past, present and future sing.;

For me I will take the high road (sure way) and REPENT.

I love my wife and do not have to tell her, but I love to tell her I love her.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
9/25/15 2:15 pm

Post Re: "I don't repent of sins" Old Time Country Preacher
JLarry wrote:
Last week a lady told me she did not repent of her sins because Jesus has forgiven her of her past, present and future sins.

Beautifully wrapped Calvinism.

Now lets git drunk, whoremong a little, fornicate fer a while, adulterate on the side, live lite an gay fer a season, kill a few folk...................well, you git the gist. Cause, hey, it don't matter, its all forgiven.
Acts-pert Poster
9/25/15 2:17 pm

Post Re: "I don't repent of sins" c6thplayer1
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
JLarry wrote:
Last week a lady told me she did not repent of her sins because Jesus has forgiven her of her past, present and future sins.

Beautifully wrapped Calvinism.

Now lets git drunk, whoremong a little, fornicate fer a while, adulterate on the side, live lite an gay fer a season, kill a few folk...................well, you git the gist. Cause, hey, it don't matter, its all forgiven.

I never would have believed it unless it came from the horses mouth.. I might and I say Might believe you would do those things but when you say
"live lite an gay fer a season" I never thought a Kentucky Boy would fall prey to that. Shocked
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/25/15 3:22 pm

Post Re: "I don't repent of sins" Link
JLarry wrote:
Last week a lady told me she did not repent of her sins because Jesus has forgiven her of her past, present and future sing.;

This is believing in a type of 'theology' rather than scripture.

II Corinthians 12:21
And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.
9/25/15 4:30 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Enter Brad Freeman in 5,4,3,2...............
9/25/15 4:59 pm

Post Re: "I don't repent of sins" Old Time Country Preacher
c6thplayer1 wrote:
I never would have believed it unless it came from the horses mouth.. I might and I say Might believe you would do those things but when you say "live lite an gay fer a season" I never thought a Kentucky Boy would fall prey to that. Shocked

Now C6, son, this Kentucky feller DID NOT fall prey to it. My words was spoke in sarcasem. Now certainly, not everbody who follers Calvinism believes/thinks/practices a "live in blatently open sin" an it don't matter. Yet, when taken to its logical end (what this lady told Larry, that she "did not repent of her sins because Jesus has forgiven her of her past, present and future sins), it basically suggests that folk can choose to do what want (any an all sin) an its all forgiven.

You know full well C6 that the ole timer aint gonna be doin none a that "lite loafer livin."
Acts-pert Poster
9/25/15 10:00 pm

Post Cojak
Sorta like paying tithe. It may not be required...... but it is no SIN to pay tithe, is it?

I may not have to repent, but if I do, it ain't a sin on top or the ones I didn't need to repent of?

Now honest I do not believe in making a list of things 'in our opinion is a sin' but I do believe the list of sins, i.e, lying, murder. gossip, gluttony etc. rate an, "I'm sorry."

If my sons hurt me, they are not required to say, "Dad I'm sorry, I didn't meant to hurt you." But it does me good to hear it. It doesn't make him more my son, it doesn't even cause me to love him more, but I do smile inside....

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/25/15 10:09 pm

Post diakoneo
A lot of people when using the word "repent" mean asking forgiveness. Is that what the woman is saying?

Godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation. 2 Cor. 7:10 or

CEV Godly sadness produces a changed heart and life that leads to salvation and leaves no regrets, but sorrow under the influence of the world produces death.

NIV Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

Sorrow over sin to me encompasses desire for forgiveness, but it must be sorrow of God. This in turn causes (worketh) repentance or a change of mind and therefore direction.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/26/15 11:28 am

Post bonnie knox
diakoneo wrote:
A lot of people when using the word "repent" mean asking forgiveness. Is that what the woman is saying?

I wondered about what the woman meant. Does she feel she can continue on in the sin or does she turn away from it and just doesn't feel she has to verbalize, "I'm sorry"?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/26/15 12:10 pm

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
diakoneo wrote:

I wondered about what the woman meant. Does she feel she can continue on in the sin or does she turn away from it and just doesn't feel she has to verbalize, "I'm sorry"?

Good question. (Or point.) Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/26/15 12:43 pm

Post shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? muricewatsonsfriend
YES! Acts-celerater
9/26/15 7:04 pm

Post Re: "I don't repent of sins" c6thplayer1
c6thplayer1 wrote:
I never would have believed it unless it came from the horses mouth.. I might and I say Might believe you would do those things but when you say "live lite an gay fer a season" I never thought a Kentucky Boy would fall prey to that. Shocked

Now C6, son, this Kentucky feller DID NOT fall prey to it. My words was spoke in sarcasem. Now certainly, not everbody who follers Calvinism believes/thinks/practices a "live in blatently open sin" an it don't matter. Yet, when taken to its logical end (what this lady told Larry, that she "did not repent of her sins because Jesus has forgiven her of her past, present and future sins), it basically suggests that folk can choose to do what want (any an all sin) an its all forgiven.

You know full well C6 that the ole timer aint gonna be doin none a that "lite loafer livin."

Just rattlin the cage a bit.... Laughing Laughing
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/26/15 9:26 pm

Post Re: "I don't repent of sins" bradfreeman

Then fear motivates you, not love. There is no fear in love.
Then only the outside of your cup is clean. Your heart is not right.

Who loves much? The one who is forgiven much.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
9/27/15 7:08 am

Post bradfreeman
diakoneo wrote:

Godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation. 2 Cor. 7:10 or

CEV Godly sadness produces a changed heart and life that leads to salvation and leaves no regrets, but sorrow under the influence of the world produces death.

NIV Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

Sorrow over sin to me encompasses desire for forgiveness, but it must be sorrow of God. This in turn causes (worketh) repentance or a change of mind and therefore direction.

2 Cor. 7:12 So although I wrote to you, it was not for the sake of the offender nor for the sake of the one offended, but that your earnestness on our behalf might be made known to you in the sight of God. 13 For this reason we have been comforted.

Paul wasn't talking about sin in 2 Cor. 7. He wasn't writing to evoke something the "the offender", nor the "offended".
He was talking about their feelings toward him. Their earnestness toward him. He wanted that to be brought to their attention. Their willingness to receive instruction in 1 Corinthians from him. He was "comforted" by their response and reaction to his. This "sorrow", this change of thinking (repentance), was not about offenders or sin.

Godly sorrow produces a change in thinking, moving us from self-reliance and resolutions to faith that saves.
Worldly sorrow leaves us continuing to try to save ourselves by renewed effort, re-dedications and resolutions that just don't work.

Last edited by bradfreeman on 9/28/15 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
9/27/15 7:18 am

Post Re: "I don't repent of sins" bradfreeman
JLarry wrote:

Did this lady say she doesn't love God or tell Him she loves him?

Luke 7:42 When they were unable to repay, he graciously forgave them both. So which of them will love him more?” 43 Simon answered and said, “I suppose the one whom he forgave more.” And He said to him, “You have judged correctly.”

Don't you think, according to Jesus, her view (that she has been forgiven everything and now owes nothing) is going to produce "more" love, not less?

Acts-dicted
9/27/15 7:25 am

Post diakoneo
delete post

nm

not gonna do it
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/27/15 7:33 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic