Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Input please.....surrogates for gay couples.....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Input please.....surrogates for gay couples..... caseyleejones
This is something that happened most recently. It will take someone smarter than me to figure it out......

We had a woman and husband who agreed to be a surrogate for a gay couple. The surrogate held a visual role in the church....platform ministry....

It came to leadership that she was being the surrogate for the gay couple. We have had surrogates in time past where it was celebratory.

The surrogate couple was very open on FB and church people they were doing it for a gay couple. They sort of openly endorsed gay couples and marriage. When the leaders met with them, their view was it was no different than delivering a package such as a UPS or FedEx person. Contents were irrelevant to the delivery person.

The bible does not seem to address scientific breakthroughs and modern science......What would you do if you were a leader responsible for that area of the church? By the way, I am one of those people. Some said it is a moral failure....others say it is not a moral failure but not a good example by being up front.
Acts-perienced Poster
9/20/15 5:33 pm

Post Cojak
The decision has been made. One could use many scripture to condemn it, but you would have to include an opinion (or spin, methinks).

If they are a blessing to the church and folks would like for them to stay I don't think I would do a whole lot in the line publicly the church will probably lose them. But It would be good to explain, this is more than delivering a new lawnmower, there will be life for years. And gives an appearance contrary to scriptural teaching.

Life gets complicated with all the new angles dreamed up. Confused Confused Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/20/15 5:50 pm

Post Cojak.....they have graciously stepped out caseyleejones
of that public role. Again, someone smarter than me has got to figure that one out....I honestly don't have an accurate scriptural answer. Acts-perienced Poster
9/20/15 6:48 pm

Post Re: Cojak.....they have graciously stepped out Cojak
caseyleejones wrote:
of that public role. Again, someone smarter than me has got to figure that one out....I honestly don't have an accurate scriptural answer.

I'm telling you I am sure I would not want to be a pastor nor a teacher presently. Life is becoming more and more complicated to balance a true faith and a life in the present world. Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/20/15 7:15 pm

Post c6thplayer1
I think I would be upfront and tell them that their lifestyle is the reason why they cannot have children naturally. And that their wants are not all to consider here. Also there will be a truckload of social repercussions for them , the child , the surrogate and the first one may start here. Children are not a commodity traded or given for whatever reason.

I dont condone this regardless of their position in the church and I would make my position well known as a leader in the church. Of course I would be as nice as the situation allowed.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/20/15 9:38 pm

Post Re: Input please.....surrogates for gay couples..... Link
caseyleejones wrote:
This is something that happened most recently. It will take someone smarter than me to figure it out......

We had a woman and husband who agreed to be a surrogate for a gay couple. The surrogate held a visual role in the church....platform ministry....

It came to leadership that she was being the surrogate for the gay couple. We have had surrogates in time past where it was celebratory.

The surrogate couple was very open on FB and church people they were doing it for a gay couple. They sort of openly endorsed gay couples and marriage. When the leaders met with them, their view was it was no different than delivering a package such as a UPS or FedEx person. Contents were irrelevant to the delivery person.

The bible does not seem to address scientific breakthroughs and modern science......What would you do if you were a leader responsible for that area of the church? By the way, I am one of those people. Some said it is a moral failure....others say it is not a moral failure but not a good example by being up front.

The Bible says if a man will not provide for his own, he has denied the faith and is worse than an infidel.

What about a woman who doesn't want to raise her own baby, not because she's too poor or legally too young to be on her own, not because she doesn't have a husband. But she's willing to have a baby, and then not raise it.

If the sperm comes from one of the gay dudes, why should we think it is okay for a married woman to have a baby with a man who isn't her husband? There is something wrong with that. It has been possible to do that for thousands of years. Sure, she might not have sex with the guy, but 3000 years ago a woman could have done that without intercourse if the man had provided the fluid with his own genetic material.

There is also something seriously wrong with being willing to give up your own baby to be raised by a couple of sexual perverts.

I think the whole sexual surrogate, sperm donor (not the husband), etc. issue deserves to be preached on, and not just if there is some couple in the church doing this. These are some things to bring up while teaching about marriage and family and using problems in our society as illustrations.
9/21/15 2:51 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic