Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pray for Eddie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pray for Eddie Carolyn Smith
Copied from Eddie's FB page, from his wife, Cathy:

Please pray for Eddie Robbins. He got light headed while driving home. He pulled over and then passed out. He is in the Emergency Room at a hospital near Little Rock.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/20/15 3:31 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Praying for Eddie.

God please heal my friend.
9/20/15 5:03 pm

Post John Jett
Prayers! Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/20/15 5:07 pm

Post Cojak
WOW, Prayers here. That is some news. Thanks for posting this...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/20/15 5:32 pm

Post Update on Eddie JLarry
Eddie posted this on his FB page.

Quote:
Thank you for for your prayers and thoughts! I am overwhelmed by them. Here's what happened. I had a good race this morning here in Little Rock. No issues. I ran it in 2:31, which is not my best but not bad for me. After the race, I walked back to the hotel and cleaned up. I got in the car and headed east. After just a few miles, everything appeared to be white. I was passing out, so I pulled over to stop and I was in an exit lane so I continued just a bit and saw a Cracker Barrel. I pulled in and told someone that I was sick and would they please check on me in a while. She came out and I had passed out. The next thing I knew, the ambulance was on the way. My blood pressure was 100/62 which is crazy low for me. I was sweating profusely and was nauseous. I arrived at the ER here at Baptist Medical Center and they ran tests. My enzyme level was a little elevated but they wanted to check it again 4 hours later and it was a little higher which is not the best. So, I'm staying over night so they can check again in the morning. I feel fine now and have for several hours. Pray that the enzyme level is normal in the morning so I can go home. That is the best case scenario. Don't want to talk about the worse case scenario. smile emoticon much love to all of you!!

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
9/20/15 7:46 pm

Post philunderwood
Just talked (text) to him...he's hoping tests come back good to release him tomorrow.
But, I guess we all see that on the FB post.

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
9/20/15 8:08 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Thanks, y'all. I just spoke with the cardiologist and he's not concerned. I gotta do a stress test in the morning and hopefully, head home. I have felt fine for 6 hours. Acts-pert Poster
9/20/15 8:20 pm

Post bonnie knox
Good to hear that you are feeling better, Eddie.

(I appreciate the updates being posted on Acts since I'm not on Facebook.)
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/20/15 8:38 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Glad you are feeling better, Eddie. And glad folks sought medical attention for you, just to be on the safe side.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/20/15 8:41 pm

Post Cojak
Good stuff, Life is good glad to hear the good report. Take care and Git home... Smile
9/20/15 8:47 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Take care a yaself, Eddie. Don't overdo it. Prayin fer ya man. Acts-pert Poster
9/20/15 9:27 pm

Post Ventureforth
Great to hear you're are ok. I pray continued health for you. Acts-celerater
9/20/15 9:58 pm

Post georgiapath
Glad you are ok. Acts-dicted
9/21/15 4:50 am

Post Passed out Pastors Friend
Eddie, glad you are better. Stay on top of your situation. The heart is a wonderfully created organ, and it will send you warnings several different ways as to its condition. My warning came via pressure and pain at 3 AM. I had elevated enzimes as well. Now I have two stents. The attack did not damage my heart, but has made me very conscious of symptoms. I am now back to normal.
Praying for you !

PF
9/21/15 6:46 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Thanks so much! There is nothing wrong with my heart. The enzyme level was at .04, then to .06. The thing is, it is still rising up to 6 hours after a half marathon. It was normal. The cardiologist said he doesn't even worry unless it is 1.0 or higher.

Here is what is wrong and why I passed out. It mostly has to do with blood pressure medicine. One that I take is a diuretic. That, of course, causes dehydration. Also, he explained to me that my heart sends blood to my legs when it is working out. The brain tells the heart to slow down so that it gets blood to the heart and it causes the BP to drop. I had both things going on. Most likely, had I drank more water and laid down flat on the ground, I would have been fine, according to the cardiologist.

Anyway, I have learned something that I can pass on to runners who are on BP medication.
Acts-pert Poster
9/21/15 7:30 am

Post John Jett
Eddie, so thankful you are ok. Is your BP med a beta-blocker? I was on one for years until I realized how incredibly addicted I was. I had no idea when the Dr. put me on it how hard it would be to get off. I weened myself (not recommended, get a good Dr. to help if you do). It took 3 months to get off of them and I went through withdrawals like a drug-addict. I even had withdrawal symptoms off and on a year later because the drug gets stored in fat cells and when you access those cells, the drug is released again!

I'm not giving advice, just sharing experience. Blessings!
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/21/15 8:19 am

Post Preacher777
Hey Eddie it is great to hear that you are doing well. I'm not on BP meds but the fact that you are older than me and are doing that type of running gives me motivation to stay fit! Friendly Face
9/23/15 12:31 pm

Post renewal
Be blessed today, Eddie... Acts Enthusiast
9/23/15 12:39 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Thanks! I love running as most of you know. I asked the cardiologist about long distance running and he said that it was great.

Here's how heavy workouts help when it comes to the heart. If I have a blockage of say 60%, I will know it when I am running. If I am not working out, I would never know it and could get to 95% and die. Running will warn me in time if I ever have a blockage.

My hope is that every one of you will get healthy and fit. It is God's best for your life! One more thing. STOP feeding your church people garbage. You are killing them.

Blessings Smile
Acts-pert Poster
9/23/15 3:18 pm

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Thanks! I love running as most of you know. I asked the cardiologist about long distance running and he said that it was great.

Here's how heavy workouts help when it comes to the heart. If I have a blockage of say 60%, I will know it when I am running. If I am not working out, I would never know it and could get to 95% and die. Running will warn me in time if I ever have a blockage.

My hope is that every one of you will get healthy and fit. It is God's best for your life! One more thing. STOP feeding your church people garbage. You are killing them.

Blessings Smile

I remember when Mrs Obama decided to assist the schools in healthy food. Then all of a sudden the garbage bins filled with the stuff being throw out. Then Good parents saying , YOU CANNOT TELL US WHAT TO FEED OUR KIDS.

Facts is they are right. Until parents think to feed more healthy, kids will not eat healthy. The kids will not eat veggies at school if they are not taught to eat them at home. Some rebelled just because it was Michelle.

My thoughts are it was a good idea, maybe instituted wrong or something BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT FROM MY OWN FAMILY I have a GGranddaughter who only eats weiners or mac cheese. There is NO telling anyone any different.

WE should all eat healthy, but I find to follow advice other than moderation, is sorta silly. Next week another EXPERT will tell you you have been eating wrong.

Oh well,,,,,, We do need to try. Confused
9/23/15 3:34 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic