Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

It will change but today, I would vote for.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Quiet Wyatt
I'm cruisin' all the way with Cruz. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/19/15 2:38 pm

Post Ventureforth
I'm really liking Carson. I think his response of becoming energy independent to the topic of the middle east situation is a good long range goal and shows foresight. But with that response, he needs to convince people that can become a reality and not just a dream.

Carley next. She's sharp.
Then Rubio.

But there seems to me to be more good republican candidates in this race.
Acts-celerater
9/19/15 10:05 pm

Post Link
I think Carson would be a great guy to read my kids a bedtime story. They'd be out like a light in about 10 seconds.

He'll have a good response to something, but just the tone of voice he uses is just kind of dull. He's not very animated. I know that's not the most important thing for being president, but it is important for having a shot at being elected.

And I do think having some kind of relevant experience is important. We should learn our lesson from the current situation how important experience is. I can appreciate a brilliant doctor who is a Christian, but to jump from performing brain surgery to president without any experience in the Congress, Senate, state legislature, or the governor's office doesn't make sense to me. I don't want someone with a status quo Washington mindset. But I want someone with some experience who knows how to handle politicians to get stuff done.

Realistically, how is Carson going to fair in the mainstream. The first black president thing isn't going to work the second time. And that works better for Democrats anyway. Being a social conservative makes being elected an uphill battle. But at least some of the other strong social conservatives have experience in the Senate or as governors.
9/20/15 2:03 pm

Post Ventureforth
I know what you're saying. Link. But Trump doesn't act presidential either and that doesn't seem to have hindered him a great deal.
I just have a feeling Carson would make a good president. I like his positions on many issues, which seem to be well thought out. That said, I'm still weighing some of them like his tax and immigration plans.
He's an outspoken Christian and I think he is sincere in his Christian walk. I know it is sometimes difficult to tell during a candidacy. And I think he is actually stronger than the impression he gives.
Now, whether a majority of voters will see it that way remains to be seen. Actually, at this stage it is difficult for me to be 100% sure on who I will be voting for.
Acts-celerater
9/21/15 7:47 am

Post My vote as of today ... MDBishop
Top Tier
1. Fiorina --- She's got character and moxie.
2. Rubio --- Well versed on the issues that matter,i.e. defense, middle-east, immigration
3. Carson --- Love this man ... his character is exemplary
4. Cruz --- Constitutionalist
5. Kasich --- Very Smart Man ... would be awesome economically.

Mid .... but not catching traction with their campaigns
6. Huckabee - love him, but ain't happening
7. Walker - did not seize his moment ... its over

AIN'T HAPPENING
8. Christie - Bluster, but the Obama Hug image is haunting
9. JEB ... no more Bushes, or Clintons ... good man, wrong time
10. Paul --- an Isolationist ... no guts
11. Trump --- the bluster is wearing thin... and no Evangelical can really support him with his arrogance and pride.

at the end of the day .... a Fiorina/Rubio/Kasich Ticket would create issues for the DEMS. Can you imagine the meltdown if Fiorina debates Clinton... I would love that!
9/21/15 10:49 am

Post Da Sheik
Trump will fizzle out before the race gets serious. He has no substance and he's way too vitriolic to be our commander in chief! I like Rubio and Carson. Acts Enthusiast
9/21/15 11:11 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Da Sheik wrote:
Trump will fizzle out before the race gets serious. He has no substance and he's way too vitriolic to be our commander in chief! I like Rubio and Carson.

I'd say if he does not fizzle out in the next month, he's going all the way.
9/21/15 12:32 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I also like Ben Carson, though he would definitely need somebody like Cruz to help him shore up his views on constitutional rights. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/21/15 1:16 pm

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
Trump will fizzle out before the race gets serious. He has no substance and he's way too vitriolic to be our commander in chief! I like Rubio and Carson.

I keep thinking that, but his foot is bulletproof methinks. Embarassed Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/21/15 2:27 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Cojak wrote:
Da Sheik wrote:

I keep thinking that, but his foot is bulletproof methinks. Embarassed Confused

He is about to have a book published that will outline his plans in detail. This could be the deciding factor. If it true substance, allot of his detractors will be out of ammo.
9/21/15 2:56 pm

Post bonnie knox
Oh, I'm sure the book will be yuge. It will be terrific. It will be great because Trump is writing it. His plans will be great. All other plans will be terrible. And ugly.
And if it's detailed at all, we'll know it's ghost written.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/21/15 3:09 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
I heard Forina screaming about how Trump handled the question on Obama's faith.

Why would I vote for this woman?

Town Hall has a good article out called "The Conservative Case Against Carly Fiorina"

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2015/09/19/the-conservative-case-against-carly-fiorina-n2053948
9/21/15 3:17 pm

Post bonnie knox
Well, I lost the author when he said Fiorina ran HP as bad as Obama has run this country. Shocked
But if you don't like Fiorina because she's not conservative, you might have issues with Trump.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/21/15 3:32 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
bonnie knox wrote:
Well, I lost the author when he said Fiorina ran HP as bad as Obama has run this country. Shocked
But if you don't like Fiorina because she's not conservative, you might have issues with Trump.

Trump will deal with the invasion, stand up to China, protect us, not grossly expand government. I don't care he was once a Democrat. So was Reagan.
9/21/15 4:08 pm

Post How? (L) bonnie knox
Does Trump have any plan on HOW to do these things? In the debate, his answer on the problem of Russia in Syria is to "get along" with Putin. Or if that doesn't work, he would "probably have to take a different path." That hardly inspires my confidence.
http://thefederalist.com/2015/09/21/did-the-real-republican-nominee-just-stand-up/

Quote:
Trump will deal with the invasion, stand up to China, protect us, not grossly expand government.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/21/15 6:27 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
bonnie knox wrote:
Oh, I'm sure the book will be yuge. It will be terrific. It will be great because Trump is writing it. His plans will be great. All other plans will be terrible. And ugly.
And if it's detailed at all, we'll know it's ghost written.

He has written books in the past.
9/21/15 6:29 pm

Post John Jett
I'm back and forth on Trump, I admit it. Mostly when some radical left-wingers, communists, terrorists, or illegal alien drug-lords start screaming about how bad he is. That's when I like him the most. These guys should be paid by him. They help his campaign so much. This morning it was some "Islamic Defense Fund" or some-such nonsense screaming that he should "immediately withdraw his candidacy, cry, cry, cry, boo-hoo ...." If I were Trump, I'd just run all of these guys' anti-Trump slogans (remember the head of the Mexican Drug Cartel, claiming he would "take out" Trump?), in a long commercial. Then just say "I'm Donald Trump and I accept this endorsement"

edit: I take that back, the Muslim defense group was calling for Carson to withdraw, so Carson went up in my book today. But overall, its still true about Trump. Every time one of these groups screams about him, the higher his support goes up.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/21/15 9:59 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
John Jett wrote:
I'm back and forth on Trump, I admit it. Mostly when some radical left-wingers, communists, terrorists, or illegal alien drug-lords start screaming about how bad he is. That's when I like him the most. These guys should be paid by him. They help his campaign so much. This morning it was some "Islamic Defense Fund" or some-such nonsense screaming that he should "immediately withdraw his candidacy, cry, cry, cry, boo-hoo ...." If I were Trump, I'd just run all of these guys' anti-Trump slogans (remember the head of the Mexican Drug Cartel, claiming he would "take out" Trump?), in a long commercial. Then just say "I'm Donald Trump and I accept this endorsement"

edit: I take that back, the Muslim defense group was calling for Carson to withdraw, so Carson went up in my book today. But overall, its still true about Trump. Every time one of these groups screams about him, the higher his support goes up.

I admit - this seems to be how my thinking works too.

When Hollywood types say they are leaving the country if ______ is elected - that boosts my thinking about the person also.
9/22/15 8:00 am

Post Resident Skeptic
What gets me is we have so many Republicans obsessing over how we can tap into the black vote, yet the fact that Trump currently has 25% black support does not phase them.
9/22/15 5:28 pm

Post bonnie knox
I haven't really noticed Republicans obsessing over tapping into the black vote. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/22/15 7:09 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic