Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Doritos flaunts gay pride (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Doritos flaunts gay pride (L) Nature Boy Florida
Looks like Doritos is on the bad list too.

Too expensive anyway.

The Mexican brands are always half Doritos and taste better.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/09/17/doritos-goes-gay-foods-shown-support-lgbt-cause/

This is worse than Whataburger or Starbucks - in that - the company itself is endorsing this in-your-face marketing.

I hope their gay pride gets them a lot more sales - because they lost me.

Along with these guys:

Quote:
Doritos follows in the vein of other popular snack and fast food companies that have shown support for the LGBT community. In 2012, Kraft foods created a rainbow-colored Oreo for a print ad campaign, while fast-casual food chain Chipotle created the ¿homosexual Estas? campaign in June to capitalize on the Supreme Court decision to legalize gay marriage nationwide. Greek yogurt maker Chobani put an LGBT-themed twist on its advertising earlier this year, when the couple eating yogurt in bed in a TV ad is revealed to be lesbians.

Ice cream maker Ben and Jerry’s also celebrated the Supreme Court’s decision with new ice cream flavor “I Dough, I Dough.“

9/17/15 5:45 pm

Post mytimewillcome
I don't care what they put on the front. They're delicious. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
9/17/15 5:51 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Before you blow this off - this one is different.

All the money raised goes to a group founded by Dan Savage. The name is "It gets better".

It truly is as anti- Christian as it can get.

Here are Dan Savage's (president) recent quotes regarding Christian conservatives:

(please stop reading if you are offended by very vulgar language - which I have **asterisked** out.

Quote:
Savage has demanded Republican presidential contender Ben Carson to “suck his ****.” He’s demanded the same from Republicans Herman Cain and Mike Huckabee. Savage went on a smear campaign against Rick Santorum to destroy Santorum’s reputation in Google searches. The hate Savage has hurled at conservative Christians is practically endless:

[Savage] followed up that charming spectacle by stating he wanted to “f*** the s*** out of Rick Santorum.” He said that Republican gays were “f*ggots” who “grab their ankles, right on cue.” He tried to slander Saddleback Church Pastor Rick Warren by Google bombing a self-coined term, “saddlebacking,” meaning “the phenomenon of Christian teens engaging in unprotected anal sex in order to preserve their virginities.” He said in 2006 that Green Party Senate candidate Carl Romanelli “should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there’s nothing left but the rope.” He said in 2011, “I wish the Republicans were all f***ing dead.”

In 2000, while sick with the flu, Savage licked doorknobs in Gary Bauer’s campaign office in the hopes of making the Republican presidential candidate sick.

Savage relentlessly bashes the Bible.

It should come as no surprise then that President Obama is closely aligned with Savage.

But go ahead and buy them if you want to support that organization.

Evil or Very Mad
9/17/15 5:57 pm

Post Link
Hasn't PepsiCo already been supporting homosexual perversion for a long time?
9/17/15 8:16 pm

Post Cojak
Many folk have supported Gay rights! (?). But this however is blatant 'kiss my foot' to you hateful folk.

Imma fraid mama would hurt me if I put a bag in the shopping cart again. And I don't blame her.

This one I can go along with. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/17/15 11:13 pm

Post John Jett
because chips are all about what kind of sex you have Rolling Eyes Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/17/15 11:18 pm

Post Link
Marketing-wise, it doesn't make sense to me. Men probably consume more Doritos than women, even if women typically purchase them, in a home where there is a man and a woman and women do the shopping.

But it seems like a lot of gay dudes are skinny, not the type of guys to eat Doritos. Maybe the stereotypical stout lesbian with a short haircut eats a lot of Doritos, but that would have to be a few single digit points of the population at most.

Do they think more straight folks are going to buy Doritos because of a rainbow pride version? Probably not. They'll probably just alienate whatever small sector of the population finds their support disgusting. If leaders would organize a boycott, they would loose whatever they gain in stout lesbian sales to an evangelical boycott, probably.

Where can I get me some off brand Doritos. I like Doritos, but I rarely eat them anyway. But I might eat some off-brand Doritos since this conversation is making me hungry for them, and as a bit of a social statement.
9/18/15 2:03 am

Post Eddie Robbins
You don't need to be eating those anyway. Very Happy Acts-pert Poster
9/18/15 6:52 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
Maybe the stereotypical stout lesbian with a short haircut eats a lot of Doritos, but that would have to be a few single digit points of the population at most.

When my local grocer has Buy One Get One Free on Doritos, I'm on that like a chicken on a June bug. They are whole grains, Eddie!
But I'll have to say, that rainbow bag kinda messes with my appetite.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/18/15 7:20 am

Post Article comments Cojak
I always read comments on news stories. The article by AOL was no different. I was surprised, the comments most times fit a liberal agenda with 'some' percentages. This time I read NO atta boys to Doritos! Shocked
9/18/15 8:16 am

Post Dave Dorsey
They won't be in stores. They're being sent to people who donate to a certain cause.

Doesn't anyone actually read the articles? Laughing

That said, I'm with Eddie. I love Doritos, especially Cool Ranch, but they are bad news.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/18/15 8:21 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:
They won't be in stores. They're being sent to people who donate to a certain cause.

Doesn't anyone actually read the articles? Laughing

That said, I'm with Eddie. I love Doritos, especially Cool Ranch, but they are bad news.

They are helping this anti Christian vulgar person raise money - I have a problem with that.
9/18/15 8:37 am

Post I will admit I did miss this in the Article, BUT... Cojak
It still doesn't set well on my stomach.

QUOTE:

Sadly, these colorful chips won't be sold in stores...only online. Want to get your hands on some delicious Doritos Rainbows? Simply go to the It Gets Better Project and donate $10 or more to the fund. One hundred percent of proceeds go to It Gets Better, and Doritos will ship your colorful chips free of charge.

No, I did not donate. Embarassed
9/18/15 8:55 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
They are helping this anti Christian vulgar person raise money - I have a problem with that.

Me too. Not sure what that has to do with what I posted.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/18/15 9:03 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Me too. Not sure what that has to do with what I posted.

You asked whether anyone read the articles.

You obviously hadn't - so I pointed it out to you.

You apparently stopped at saying they would not be sold In stores...missing the whole point.
9/18/15 9:06 am

Post Dave Dorsey
You asked whether anyone read the articles.

You obviously hadn't - so I pointed it out to you.

You apparently stopped at saying they would not be sold In stores...missing the whole point.

You're a hoot, NBF. I was responding to posts from Link and others in this thread about the marketability or availability of these bags.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/18/15 10:02 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Link wrote:
But it seems like a lot of gay dudes are skinny, not the type of guys to eat Doritos. Maybe the stereotypical stout lesbian with a short haircut eats a lot of Doritos, but that would have to be a few single digit points of the population at most.

Link's descriptives here is just way too funny:

Skinny gay dudes

Stout lesbians with short haircuts

I'm just glad I don't like Doritos, so I aint buyin none anyways.
Acts-pert Poster
9/18/15 12:20 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
I think Trump calls Link to see how to say things in just the right way so not to offend...
9/18/15 12:55 pm

Post diakoneo
Golden Flake makes an OK knock off.

Made in Birmingham, AL...may not be available in your area Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/18/15 9:34 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic