Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Wife may lose job at school because of transgender student
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Wife may lose job at school because of transgender student olosos
Please be praying.....

My wife is an assistant teacher in a special Ed class that has students from 6th -8th grade. Before the year started her and the teacher (both new to this school) were informed that there would be a 8th grader transgender student in the class. It is a female who identifies herself as a "Boy".

They were told that she needed to be referred to as a "He"... Go tell "Him"... go get "His" books...etc.

The teacher quit at the end of the first week because of this student and another being hard to deal with. So for the next week and half my wife taught the class even though she doesn't have a degree....without a teacher there.

The other student got better but this child didn't. Last Monday she had to talk to this student in the hallway because she was disturbing the class...the student told my wife that she was getting on to her because of the way she was....my wife responded with..."I don't agree with your lifestyle but that has nothing to do with this"

That was Monday....on weds she was called in the office...the principal of course that she shouldn't have made the comment about not agreeing with the lifestyle...while talking the principle referred to the student as a "HE"...when my wife referred to her it was as a "she"...the principal told her that she was to refer to the student only as a " HE"

My wife responded that she didn't think she should be made to go against her belief that it was wrong...long story short is she was told there may be consequences to her refusing and meeting ended....as my wife was driving home the principal called and told her she was being put on paid administrative leave for the rest of the week....with no school last Monday she went in on Tuesday only to be told by principal that she ment not to come back until she was called.

She was called today, after 8 days off, to come to a meeting with the personnel director. He informed her that it was in her best interest to resign by Friday...he said the District Supperintendent would be the one to make final call but she would most likely be terminated for "failure to follow a directive from the principal....

The only thing she refused to do was call the girl a boy.

He told her if she didn't resign that this would be in her file and follow her where ever she tried to get a job....if she let them fire her

My thinking is....this is already in her file....they will never give her a good recommendation no matter what she does..and we will lose our health insurance either way.

Quitting will only keep her from getting unemployment..make her lose her sick days... And keep the school district from dealing with it...

I'm at a loss at which way to go...
My wife has a right to believe what she does and not go against her convictions by calling her a him...

But it really worth fighting for...

Any advice?
Hey, DOC
9/15/15 5:40 pm

Post c6thplayer1
You need to go to the local news paper and tell the story. I would also get support from as many churches in area that you can prior to the newspaper meeting. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/15/15 6:06 pm

Post Link
Wow, what are the odds that your wife would get in trouble over a transgendered issue, or that anyone on this relatively small forum would experience that. This whole LGBT mess is more widespread and can effect more people than we might have thought.

I think she should stick to her guns and say she isn't going to lie and contribute to the emotional confusion of a minor by calling her 'he', because it's just plain wrong and unethical.

If they fire her it will follow her around? That sounds like a silly idle threat. It's like telling kids if they do something wrong in school, it goes on their 'permanent record.' If it's not a legal record, it's usually not THAT big of a deal. You are right. They probably won't give her a good letter of reference. If she's fired, or not, she could probably ask a co-worker for a letter of reference.

You could try getting a lawyer from some free organization, the ACLJ, or something cheap like the MLM Pre-paid legal, just to send a letter from a lawyer reiterating her position and making some almost veiled threat of a lawsuit if they fire her.

I saw this movie once where a company hired a guy and put him in an unfinished office-- with concrete and no walls-- at a desk upstairs and forgot about him. He didn't have any work, but got paid. Maybe your wife could end up in the same situation. They could keep her on 'administrative leave' for a while, while she collects a paycheck so they don't get sued.

I don't see any advantages to her resigning over this as far as unemployment goes. She's not at a level where it would help her career. There is no shame in what she is doing, since it is in the best interest of the child and she's standing against some weird leftist agenda that supports this poor kid in her delusion. In fact, there may be Christians who go out of their way to hire her for taking a stand.

If losing her job is tough on you financially, you could get a few blog posts about you and set an account at a non-leftist version of 'GoFundMe', or maybe a friend could do it, to help you with the problems caused by her losing her job. She could end up with tens of Someone may read the article and offer her a job, too.
9/15/15 6:09 pm

Post diakoneo
c6thplayer1 wrote:
You need to go to the local news paper and tell the story. I would also get support from as many churches in area that you can prior to the newspaper meeting.

That was my thought exactly.

If she is gonna lose the job, might as well go down swinging and you never know some local private school may want to hire her.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/15/15 6:15 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
He told her if she didn't resign that this would be in her file and follow her where ever she tried to get a job....if she let them fire her

They lose nothing if she resigns. If they try to fire her, that could cause issues for them, so I'm sure they would love for her to resign and save them the trouble that firing her could bring (if they even legally can fire her).
On whether or not to call the student "he," my impulse is not to call a biological female "he," but I know this is really a big issue nowadays, and I wouldn't know how to advise. I will pray for wisdom for you and your wife.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/15/15 6:28 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Sorry to hear that. We are only seeing the beginning of the thuggery of the Gaystapo.

Praying for y'all.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/15/15 6:31 pm

Post olosos
You see things like this on the news....and you see the way the world is headed....

But didn't think it would hit so close to home so soon....
Hey, DOC
9/15/15 6:35 pm

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

They lose nothing if she resigns. If they try to fire her, that could cause issues for them, so I'm sure they would love for her to resign and save them the trouble that firing her could bring (if they even legally can fire her).
On whether or not to call the student "he," my impulse is not to call a biological female "he," but I know this is really a big issue nowadays, and I wouldn't know how to advise. I will pray for wisdom for you and your wife.

I see a point here that would seem to give trouble legally. As I see it one could be easily mixed up to call a girl that looks like a girl HE!.
But I like Bonnie's thoughts here. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/15/15 7:42 pm

Post Cojak
Talk about the tail wagging the dog! WOW! The student is in the drivers seat. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/15/15 7:46 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
How you refer to the student in question concerning their gender in a private conversation with an administrator should have no bearing on your job. This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

A firm rebuke from the citizenry and a public outing of said administrator is in order. Slap them upside the head with the reality that the majority of the people are tired of this sort of cultural Marxism.
9/15/15 7:48 pm

Post Never give in. Aaron Scott
I have watched person after person in the media issue a "profound apology" about some insensitivity...only to be fired anyway.

I have found that some of these types of students can be more than a handful. Your wife could perhaps hit back that this one girl has now caused the school to lose TWO teachers, if she is allowed to keep it up. The girl is already a handful...and she will play "the card" every single time she is called for her behavior.

Also, let the school know that her principal's instructions do not trump her First Amendment rights. And that, further, nothing amiss was said. It is TRUE that this is a female. I may want to be called Your Majesty and Most High and Holy Potentate...but that doesn't mean anyone has to do it.

No one did any damage to this girl. Rather, a too-politically-correct administration fell all over itself trying to play games with medical truth.

Of course, ultimately you must follow the Spirit. But this is clearly devilish, and I predict that this girl will do much damage in the coming years--to herself and others--if she is not reined in.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/16/15 3:28 am

Post Link
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Sorry to hear that. We are only seeing the beginning of the thuggery of the Gaystapo.

Praying for y'all.

That's clever... Gaystapo... Did you come up with that? If so, you should share it with some of the talk show hosts so it can get some mileage.
9/16/15 4:50 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I don't remember where I first heard it. It is definitely not original with me. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/16/15 6:04 am

Post JLarry
Is the Principle a male? Then address him by saying; "Mam I am not interested in the PC world you live in".

Call all girls He and all the boys She. When questioned simply tell the Adms they confused you. Or you are trying to be politically correct by calling children what you want me to call them.

What happened to the America I grew up in. In my day if I called a boy she I may get clobbered. I am sitting here shaking my head.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
9/16/15 7:13 am

Post don't quit wayne
If they are going to fire your wife, then let them do it. As far as this incident following her wherever she goes - they can be taken to court if they say anything disparaging.

Question: Why can't you just simply refer to the child by their name?

I recommend you contact the ACLJ or someone like them(as already mentioned).

All these incidents remind me of the book of Daniel. hmmmmm.
Acts Enthusiast
9/16/15 7:47 am

Post georgiapath
I would not resign, I would make them fire me. They are trying to take the easy way out and I seriously doubt they can fire her for something like that. Acts-dicted
9/16/15 7:55 am

Post I got a written warning at work a few weeks ago because of a lesbian Ernie Long
I was taking her home from the hospital and she made the comment that she and her wife had divorced last year. I didn't say anything, cause I knew I was being set-up by her. She looked at me and said she knew I didn't agree with her lifestyle. I had never met this woman before, but I told her she was right in that I didn't agree with her lifestyle as a lesbian.

She told me she had two sisters, one was a catholic and the other was an evangelical. She said the sister who is a catholic had no problem with her being a lesbian, but her other sister told her if she doesn't change she is going to burn in hell.

She said she was diagnose as being a bi-polar schizophrenic and takes sixty pills a day for her conditions (12 pills 5 times a day) on top of being a heroin addict.

A week later I get called into the admissions director's office and he produced a a paper where he said she called in to report that I had said some negative things about the hospital, the hospital administrator, how much I hated my job and co-workers and I shared a private incident that happened to one of the nurses. The only thing that came close to the truth in the paper was I had told her about an incident that happened to one of the nurses, but it happened in front of several patients and staff and it wasn't private.

I admitted to the dir. that I did tell her about the nurse, but everything else was false. He said since I was admitting to one thing, he had to believe it all and he wrote me up.

Her intentions was to have me fired. She is back at the hospital. She saw me yesterday, she was with a group of patients walking toward me. When she saw me, she tried to open several doors to offices, so she wouldn't have to walk past me. The therapist who was in charge of the group asked her what was she trying to do. She didn't answer her, but just pressed her face into the door, until I walked past. She was acting like a caged animal.
Acts Enthusiast
9/16/15 8:15 am

Post Re: I got a written warning at work a few weeks ago because of a lesbian Dave Dorsey
Ernie Long wrote:
I admitted to the dir. that I did tell her about the nurse, but everything else was false. He said since I was admitting to one thing, he had to believe it all and he wrote me up.

It's hard to believe people this dumb get into positions like that. I don't mean that as any kind of insult toward this gentleman -- but that just doesn't logically follow any way you look at it. It's just a very dumb analysis of the situation.

In regard to the original post, I have prayed for you and your wife and will continue to do so. I know no matter what happens in this situation, God will never forsake someone who put herself on the line to agree with Him.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/16/15 8:43 am

Post Re: Wife may lose job at school because of transgender student skinnybishop
olosos wrote:
Please be praying.....

My wife is an assistant teacher in a special Ed class that has students from 6th -8th grade. Before the year started her and the teacher (both new to this school) were informed that there would be a 8th grader transgender student in the class. It is a female who identifies herself as a "Boy".

They were told that she needed to be referred to as a "He"... Go tell "Him"... go get "His" books...etc.

The teacher quit at the end of the first week because of this student and another being hard to deal with. So for the next week and half my wife taught the class even though she doesn't have a degree....without a teacher there.

The other student got better but this child didn't. Last Monday she had to talk to this student in the hallway because she was disturbing the class...the student told my wife that she was getting on to her because of the way she was....my wife responded with..."I don't agree with your lifestyle but that has nothing to do with this"

That was Monday....on weds she was called in the office...the principal of course that she shouldn't have made the comment about not agreeing with the lifestyle...while talking the principle referred to the student as a "HE"...when my wife referred to her it was as a "she"...the principal told her that she was to refer to the student only as a " HE"

My wife responded that she didn't think she should be made to go against her belief that it was wrong...long story short is she was told there may be consequences to her refusing and meeting ended....as my wife was driving home the principal called and told her she was being put on paid administrative leave for the rest of the week....with no school last Monday she went in on Tuesday only to be told by principal that she ment not to come back until she was called.

She was called today, after 8 days off, to come to a meeting with the personnel director. He informed her that it was in her best interest to resign by Friday...he said the District Supperintendent would be the one to make final call but she would most likely be terminated for "failure to follow a directive from the principal....

The only thing she refused to do was call the girl a boy.

My thinking is....this is already in her file....they will never give her a good recommendation no matter what she does..and we will lose our health insurance either way.

Quitting will only keep her from getting unemployment..make her lose her sick days... And keep the school district from dealing with it...

I'm at a loss at which way to go...
My wife has a right to believe what she does and not go against her convictions by calling her a him...

But it really worth fighting for...

Any advice?

Let me ask you a question: What state do you live in, and does it have a professional educators association? In Georgia, the Professional Association of Georgia Educators (PAGE) represents teachers in these cases. My wife is the PAGE representative for her school and I can tell you this...they would eat an administration for breakfast in a case like you described.

Find out if there is a teachers association....contact them. Normally, I'm not a big "union" guy...But teachers today need somebody to stand up for them, with all of the unfounded accusations leveled against them.

My family knows from direct experience what it is like to be falsely accused of an action, by a student, and to get in trouble with the administration.

Contact your teacher's association. They typically offer free legal counsel and representation for those who are members. One more time...call the association.
9/16/15 9:01 am

Post Re: don't quit olosos
Question: Why can't you just simply refer to the child by their name?

They call her by her initials when talking to her ...but in the meeting they kept telling my wife to stop referring to her as a she when she was talking about her...the child was not present in the meeting and never heard my wife say she.

To answer the other poster we live in SC....and yes we have taken steps to get legal advice / help.
Hey, DOC
9/16/15 9:56 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic