Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

French women protest Muslim call to beat wives (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post French women protest Muslim call to beat wives (L) Nature Boy Florida
What intrigues me is one woman had Jesus written across her chest (she was topless).

They got guts - more than most.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11862220/Topless-protesters-disrupt-Muslim-conference-on-women.html
9/14/15 9:11 am

Post Re: French women protest Muslim call to beat wives (L) c6thplayer1
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
What intrigues me is one woman had Jesus written across her chest (she was topless).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11862220/Topless-protesters-disrupt-Muslim-conference-on-women.html

Hmmm , Think Ill join that protest ... Laughing
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/14/15 10:25 am

Post Re: French women protest Muslim call to beat wives (L) Old Time Country Preacher

NB, son, you might want to take at intriguer a yourn to the altar an git it good an sanctified. Shocked
Acts-pert Poster
9/14/15 10:56 am

Post Re: French women protest Muslim call to beat wives (L) Nick Park

I'm guessing French wasn't one of your best subjects at school?

Je suis amusé!

http://eaiseanchai.wordpress.com/
Acts Enthusiast
9/14/15 12:27 pm

Post Re: French women protest Muslim call to beat wives (L) Nature Boy Florida
Nick Park wrote:

Je suis amusé!

True.

They still got guts imho - and for the holy ones on Acts - there is a black box across the exposed areas - so it is ok to click.
9/14/15 12:54 pm

Post Re: French women protest Muslim call to beat wives (L) c6thplayer1
Nick Park wrote:

Je suis amusé!

True.

They still got guts imho - and for the holy ones on Acts - there is a black box across the exposed areas - so it is ok to click.

I can say there is only one Holy One and it aint me....
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/14/15 2:23 pm

Post Re: French women protest Muslim call to beat wives (L) John Jett
Nick Park wrote:

Je suis amusé!

True.

So are these different than the ones that would do the same thing at a Christian event???
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/14/15 4:30 pm

Post Link
Brave, maybe, but very foolish. These guys are talking about whether Muslims can beat their wives, and two women jump on stage and expose themselves? If they would beat their own wives, why wouldn't they beat some lewd nude female protestors?

I've heard of Muslim men groping women who don't wear head coverings in the mall in Egypt. One reporter was severely assaulted in a riot/protest there a few years ago. Maybe Muslims in France are better behaved.
9/14/15 6:36 pm

Post Cojak
They are seriously putting their lives in jeopardy, and that is no joke.

And about our French over here. It isn't very good (It used to be a joke, I hope no more). I look back on my French Class in 1955 and laugh, after visiting France a couple times since and I did not know a word spoken. Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/14/15 7:36 pm

Post bonnie knox
What is foolish is men who think it is okay to beat their wives.

Link wrote:
Brave, maybe, but very foolish. These guys are talking about whether Muslims can beat their wives, and two women jump on stage and expose themselves? If they would beat their own wives, why wouldn't they beat some lewd nude female protestors?

I've heard of Muslim men groping women who don't wear head coverings in the mall in Egypt. One reporter was severely assaulted in a riot/protest there a few years ago. Maybe Muslims in France are better behaved.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/14/15 9:05 pm

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
What is foolish is men who think it is okay to beat their wives.

I agree, and I cannot imagine any American, male or female who would support of buy into the idea.

I had an internet friend, a young lady of 21 who was headed to the Middle East to marry a Muslim. I did not berate her, but I did ask her how she felt about a husband whipping his wife. She said, "I will understand,he would not do it if I did not deserve it."

I asked her to reconsider, but she disappeared from the internet. I have always wondered, did she? Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/14/15 9:13 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I agree, and I cannot imagine any American, male or female who would support of buy into the idea.

Cojak, I have heard rumors that some who are into patriarchy (Americans, so called Christians) advocate wife spanking (as discipline). I can't verify it; a name on an internet comment of someone who claims to know a well known pastor who did. That pastor was recently exposed as someone who had an Ashley Madison account. I won't name the name since I can't verify whether he actually spanked his wife or endorsed it.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/14/15 9:28 pm

Post Link
Bonny, I'm in agreement with you. But I still think it's foolish for women to strip down and protest topless in a room full of Muslim men who believe women should wear burka's and who are talking about beating their wives. The article said someone in the audience said to kill them.

Btw, 'patriarchy' is a very broad term that describes the majority of human societies, not just some specific movement. There is plenty of patriarchy in the Bible, both in the narrative and in prescriptive passages.
9/14/15 10:50 pm

Post bonnie knox
It doesn't matter how broad the term patriarchy is. There are credible rumors that some of the same folks who are into "blanket training" infants are also into wife spanking as discipline. So, I'm talking about Americans who are not Muslims in specific response to Cojak being unable to imagine Americans with that mindset.

The women who protested are part of a group that is apparently well aware of the risk of protesting. I believe the article says that one of them was kicked. They thanked the police for their protection. Some of the men are calling for the women to be stoned or gang raped. The women are part of an organization that has been involved in protests before. Once a group of protesters was kidnapped and supposedly tortured. One leader of the group was beaten and lost a tooth in the fight. I guess they figure that some things are worth fighting for (not that I agree with them about which things--they are against religion). But I think they went into the protest with not only their tops off, but their eyes open.

And I'm not sure which "prescriptive" passages you are talking about that have "plenty of patriarchy" but that's a discussion for another day.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/15/15 7:13 am

Post bonnie knox
Cojak wrote:
They are seriously putting their lives in jeopardy, and that is no joke.

And about our French over here. It isn't very good (It used to be a joke, I hope no more). I look back on my French Class in 1955 and laugh, after visiting France a couple times since and I did not know a word spoken. Sad

You and NBF had the same problem--you were distracted by other things. Wink
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/15/15 7:38 am

Post Link
Bonnie,

Now I gotta go look up blanket training of infants.
9/15/15 1:11 pm

Post bonnie knox
Link wrote:
Bonnie,

Now I gotta go look up blanket training of infants.

Don't bother. It's where they punish a child for crawling off the blanket until the poor child is afraid to crawl off the blanket. I think the Duggars used that method. (Not saying all blanket trainers are wife spankers, of course.) I guess it's an efficient way to stifle a child's natural curiosity and make him sit there placidly during church.
So if your kids get a little rambunctious, thank God they are normal and have not had normal curiosity stifled.

Last edited by bonnie knox on 9/16/15 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/15/15 2:16 pm

Post Link
Mrs. Duggar showed how she taught her little ones to sit still and praised the for doing it, once, in a clip I saw. I don't get the impression that their philosophy is one of whipping the kids so that they stay in line. We don't see them when the cameras aren't there, but I suspect that would be hard to hide for extended taping.

I still think of Mr. and Mrs. Duggar as decent Christian people. They've got a son whose had some struggles with sexual sin. They did have an awful lot of children.
9/16/15 5:40 am

Post bonnie knox
Link wrote:
Bonny, I'm in agreement with you. But I still think it's foolish for women to strip down and protest topless in a room full of Muslim men who believe women should wear burka's and who are talking about beating their wives. The article said someone in the audience said to kill them.

Btw, 'patriarchy' is a very broad term that describes the majority of human societies, not just some specific movement. There is plenty of patriarchy in the Bible, both in the narrative and in prescriptive passages.

It's "Bonnie."
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/2/15 11:50 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Is Aaron a closet Muslim? Cause it sounds like em Islam fellers wanna discipline their wives into submission. Acts-pert Poster
11/2/15 11:57 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic