Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

5 things I've learned about God and Christianity.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post 5 things I've learned about God and Christianity. bradfreeman
5 THINGS I'VE LEARNED ABOUT GOD AND CHRISTIANITY

1. God isn't mad at me.

Jesus and God aren't a spiritual Good Cop/Bad Cop. The Father loves me completely and sent Jesus to show me exactly how He feels about me.

The whole world has been reconciled to God by the death of Jesus who took away the sin of the whole world and all of God's judgment on that sin.

The only sin that He can't forgive is rejecting Jesus - the Cure.
I received that reconciliation when I believed that Good News.

I have peace with God.

2. I'm not an outsider, hoping to work my way "in" with God.

When I believed, I was "born" into God's family, into Christ and He made me 100% righteous. I'm already in Heaven, seated with Him!

I am "in Christ".

3. I'm not trying to keep God happy by "living right".

Christianity is about Jesus setting me free from a system of ever-growing religious rules people had to keep to try to please God.

Christianity is about believing the truth about what Jesus did and letting that truth set you free. Jesus "lived right" and give me His righteousness! My faith in Jesus pleases God.

The righteous live by faith.

4. My sin, failure and weakness should not be my focus.

Jesus took all sin, failure and weakness onto Himself on the cross and took it away. He took away all of God's frustration, anger, wrath and punishment for it as well.

My focus should be on Jesus, who He is, what He has done and who He has made me. Focusing on Him will empower me to walk out of my sin, failure and weakness. The victory that overcomes the world, including my sin, weakness and failures, is my faith in Christ.

I keep my eyes/thoughts/focus on Jesus.

5. Fear isn't a fruit of the Spirit.

Christ is living His life inside me and He isn't afraid of anything. He isn't motivated or moved by fear. There is no fear in love. Christ fills me with

His very own love, respect and honor for the Father.

Love is what moves me. Love is what constrains me.

He is the perfect love that casts out all fear.

He loves me and fills me with love, not fear.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
9/12/15 6:08 am

Post Re: 5 things I've learned about God and Christianity. Old Time Country Preacher
Tom Sterbens wrote:
bradfreeman wrote:
5 THINGS I'VE LEARNED ABOUT GOD AND CHRISTIANITY

1. God isn't mad at me.

2. I'm not an outsider, hoping to work my way "in" with God.

3. I'm not trying to keep God happy by "living right".

4. My sin, failure and weakness should not be my focus.

5. Fear isn't a fruit of the Spirit.

Good stuff!

It's the interpretation of the above 5 through the lens of hyper-grace what gits far from the good Book.
Acts-pert Poster
9/12/15 1:34 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Yeah, but...... Acts-pert Poster
9/12/15 3:06 pm

Post I agree with all but #3... Aaron Scott
I am trying to live right because I don't want God to have to correct me, even though He loves me.

I am trying to live right because I don't want to jeopardize the blessings in my life, the anointing, and the fellowship I have with God.

Does anyone remotely think that Demas had the same relationship with God after he had forsaken Paul, "having loved this present world"?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/12/15 8:02 pm

Post Re: I agree with all but #3... c6thplayer1
Aaron Scott wrote:
I am trying to live right because I don't want God to have to correct me, even though He loves me.

I am trying to live right because I don't want to jeopardize the blessings in my life, the anointing, and the fellowship I have with God.

Does anyone remotely think that Demas had the same relationship with God after he had forsaken Paul, "having loved this present world"?

Aaron , Keep your focus on Jesus and you will find that you dont have to "try" to live right. It will come naturally.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/12/15 8:38 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I get what he's saying. We have commandments to obey. When Jesus tells us to do good to those who persecute us or to love our enemies, we have to put forth an effort to do those things. They do not come naturally just because we are saved. Our natural self tends to fight back when someone persecutes us. It happens here on this forum. So, we have to strive to live right by attempting to obey the commandments. Our natural self tends to not want to be healthy. We have to strive for good health. However, salvation is not attached to this. Pleasing God is attached to it. Acts-pert Poster
9/12/15 8:48 pm

Post Re: 5 things I've learned about God and Christianity. mytimewillcome
Tom Sterbens wrote:
I have tasted "boutique" cupcakes with some very strange frosting that made them quite unpalatable...at least to me. Smile

Its like the pieces of a puzzle are suddenly together Very Happy
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
9/13/15 1:11 am

Post Re: 5 things I've learned about God and Christianity. bonnie knox
mytimewillcome wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:
I have tasted "boutique" cupcakes with some very strange frosting that made them quite unpalatable...at least to me. Smile

Its like the pieces of a puzzle are suddenly together Very Happy

This brought to mind the post where Nick mentioned Tom being by the river on a snowy day and seeing some "cupcakes" on the horse trail. Cool
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/13/15 8:50 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic