Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Cojak, how did all go with your Cochlear Implant?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Cojak
[quote="Carolyn Smith"]
jeremiah2911_4me wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
OTCP misses the point again. *sigh*

c6thplayer1 - PM

he must be a member of the board LOL

LOL! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing[/quote

I got it in the beginning Carolyn. Thanks, love you lady
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/13/15 10:30 pm

Post bonnie knox
Cojak, would you say this surgery has been a revelatory experience for you? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/16/15 11:55 am

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
Cojak, would you say this surgery has been a revelatory experience for you?

You bet. I did some research before applying. Being all for it, I skipped any negatives (That will never happen to me, attitude) and read the glowing reports of the perfect fit, which of course mine would be. LOL

I can never remember accepting lying around, but after this procedure, it is no problem. I don't even want to check the tires on the motor home.

The surprises came from my little surgeon, the day of surgery, "Where we must drill thru the skull, is an area where the nerves that control the muscles on that side of your face dwells, there is a slight chance of paralysis. Dizziness is common for a 'FEW DAYS' " (I saw 2 days tops, I'm cool, even at 77). It has been a week and I still feel it, but I do think it is getting better. I wanted to joke about my facial muscles by making an odd face when I saw my wife, but although it was ok, I didn't make a joke.

All in all as I have advised anyone who was having surgery, anytime they cut on you, there is a danger. I ignored the thoughts, mine would be perfect and I would be 'dancing in a couple days' (even though I have no idea how to dance.)

I am still glad I am doing it, I just took it too lightly, the drilling thru the skull in two places and playing around, that close to the brain. Now I am very anxious to have it 'turned on and mapped'.

One last thing. My skull area is indented, rather than a 'raised area', that I have seen in others. I told my wife, I think they forgot to implant the device, when they found the head empty, they just sewed me back up!

Smile But I didn't consider it a spiritual experience, just life experience Embarassed

I was here first before getting Larry's word or the week, day, yr as Donald says Whatever! Embarassed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
9/16/15 2:25 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
When do you get it turned on? I'm so excited for you.

How long have you been without hearing?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/16/15 4:20 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
When do you get it turned on? I'm so excited for you.

How long have you been without hearing?

Approximately ten years I have 'heard but not understood'. Many 'hard of hearing folk experience this' but on the second 'huh' they get it. I have been at the point of 'three times' and I smile like I knew, causing many many misunderstandings. In 10 years I have never understood in a crowd, church etc.

We check the incision '20 times' a day (LOL) it is healing well. they say 4 weeks, which would be the 7th of October +/- 3 days. I hope the schedule holds. basically now I am DEAF. It is funny to feel my left ear and not even know it is there. It is 'numb and dead', I had 1-3% hearing there before and now I have 0.

Of course I am excited, there are lots of negative reports, but I am expecting good results. Many folk are praying and my Girl is the model for a Christian and I trust that girls prayers. She leaves me only to go to church. LOL! Cool

Like tonight! Her grand kids came over for her Lasagna, the motor home was full, but they knew Grandma goes to church at 6:45. Cool
9/16/15 11:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic