Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Recommend Easy Worship? Or Media Shout? Or...?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Recommend Easy Worship? Or Media Shout? Or...? Quiet Wyatt
We are a small church. I am looking at different programs for our purposes, which are essentially projecting videos, lyrics, scripture passages, etc. Those who have used or are using such a program, what do you recommend? We do not have multiple screens (haha) just one 8' x 8' screen with a projector and a laptop.

Thanks!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/10/15 2:00 pm

Post We use Easy Worship brotherjames
it will work well in a small or larger setting with or without multiple screens. You need a decent computer and two monitors and you would benefit from internet access. We just upgraded to windows 10 and it works seamlessly. IT handles powerpoint presentations, mp4 and wav video, has a lot of backgrounds animated and non to which you can easily add. You might want to buy the NIV version of the bIble but HSBC and KJV and a couple of othres come with it. With two screens you can edit on the fly and add scriptures etc. If you have songselect from CCLI (which I recommend) you can download all the songs you sing easily into your database and they are formatted already. All you have to do to set it up is choose screen size, resolution, fonts etc. It's pretty easy and it works great once it is set up. The cost is very reasonable too IMO. Acts-celerater
9/10/15 3:26 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I have only ever used MediaShout, but it is a great piece of software. It is very powerful, very flexible, and it's easy to set up once you get the hang of it. It is not the cheapest solution, so if others say less expensive solutions work just as well, I would not object.

One thing I like about MediaShout is how adaptable it is. If the praise team decides to go into an unplanned song, or the pastor goes to an unplanned scripture, it can get placed up on the screen very quickly. I'm not locked into whatever script I set up. That was always very important to me when I served in this ministry, as it helps to minimize distractions.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/10/15 6:00 pm

Post Link
Dave Dorsey wrote:
I have only ever used MediaShout, but it is a great piece of software. It is very powerful, very flexible, and it's easy to set up once you get the hang of it. It is not the cheapest solution, so if others say less expensive solutions work just as well, I would not object.

One thing I like about MediaShout is how adaptable it is. If the praise team decides to go into an unplanned song, or the pastor goes to an unplanned scripture, it can get placed up on the screen very quickly. I'm not locked into whatever script I set up. That was always very important to me when I served in this ministry, as it helps to minimize distractions.

How does it work?

One thing I don't like about PowerPoint is that if you need to put in several pages of information, you have to enter in line by line by creating blocks (unless they have a feature I don't know about nowadays.) I'd rather show a word doc on the screen than that.
9/10/15 7:17 pm

Post Re: Recommend Easy Worship? Or Media Shout? Or...? diakoneo
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
We are a small church. I am looking at different programs for our purposes, which are essentially projecting videos, lyrics, scripture passages, etc. Those who have used or are using such a program, what do you recommend? We do not have multiple screens (haha) just one 8' x 8' screen with a projector and a laptop.

Thanks!

QW what kind of projector do you have?

This is something I have wanted to do for a while, but was concerned with the expense.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/11/15 8:44 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
It is an Epson SVGA projector. I can't recall the model number right now, and I'm out of town this morning. I would like to upgrade to a better projector too. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/11/15 11:57 am

Post diakoneo
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
It is an Epson SVGA projector. I can't recall the model number right now, and I'm out of town this morning. I would like to upgrade to a better projector too.

Thanks!

Yeah, I would kind of like to know what would be the best for the money on this.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/11/15 12:08 pm

Post easyworship brotherjames
Does the same. Add songs or scriptures on the fly. You need 1 or 2 monitors and a windows based computer. Internet connection makes it easier but is not necessary. www.easyworship.com cost is 499$. Powerful and so much easier than PowerPoint. You can input videos, clips, animated backgrounds, still bavgrounds, photos whatever. We love it. When coupled with songselect from ccli you will have every song at your disposal as well. Acts-celerater
9/11/15 4:13 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
They is no way Jesus or Paul woulda used Media Shout, PowerPoint or EasyWorship.

Cause they didn't have no electricity or WiFi. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
9/11/15 4:58 pm

Post OTCP brotherjames
Didn't Jesus tell His disciples that they would receive POWER after the Holy Ghost fell on them? So, what makes you think they didn't have som' 'lectricity, hmmm? Acts-celerater
9/11/15 6:20 pm

Post Re: OTCP Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
Didn't Jesus tell His disciples that they would receive POWER after the Holy Ghost fell on them? So, what makes you think they didn't have som' 'lectricity, hmmm?

Well, you kinda gotta point there brotherjames, but this one thing I know, they didn't have no projector to shoot it up on the screen. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
9/11/15 6:25 pm

Post the Disciples perhaps didn't have PowerPoint brotherjames
but it looks like the devil did, he SHOWED Jesus some big stuff,
"
Once more the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world, along with their splendor".

So I guess PowerPoint is of the devil? Hmmm
Acts-celerater
9/12/15 8:27 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic