Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Question to Brad Freeman

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Question to Brad Freeman JLarry
Brad I have read and appreciated much of your comments on Acts.

I do have a question for you. The following Scripture is pretty clear to me. I would love to see your input on it.

Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

I feel there are many who Believe and have confessed Christ but are guilty of some of the sins listed in the Scripture. So if nothing other than unbelief will cause us to miss heaven how do you interpret this Scripture.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
9/8/15 10:09 am

Post Re: Question to Brad Freeman Old Time Country Preacher
JLarry wrote:

Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

I feel there are many who Believe and have confessed Christ but are guilty of some of the sins listed in the Scripture. So if nothing other than unbelief will cause us to miss heaven how do you interpret this Scripture.

Ummm, here we go.
Acts-pert Poster
9/8/15 1:59 pm

Post bradfreeman
Thanks Larry,

I hope you are doing well. My answer will apply to ALL passages that contain lists of sins that disqualify people. Here goes:

There is only one lifestyle that enters the kingdom - the life of faith.

"For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “But the righteous man shall [i]live by faith.[/i]” Rom. 1:17

If you are in faith you are in Christ, judged by His works, given His righteousness and already in His kingdom.

If you are not in faith, you are in Adam, and will be judged by his works, your works and found unrighteous and cast out.

There are only 2 kinds of people on the planet - those in Adam and those in Christ.

Rom. 5:18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

Being in Adam (the disobedient one) is being:
In unbelief
In disobedience of unbelief
In darkness
In the lie
In the flesh
In condemnation
In death
In sin
In earth

Being in Christ (the obedient One) is being:
In faith
In obedience of faith
In the light
In the truth
In the Spirit
In righteousness
In life
In holiness
In Heaven

If we are not a new creature in Christ by faith, we will be judged by our choice to rely on our ability to try to be good and we will fail 50 ways.

We get in One Way.
Any other way won't work.
None of the lists are meant to imply that believers' sins are now imputed to them.

Take this one for example:

Col. 3:1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.

8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, 10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, 11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.

So we that these Colossians are:
1. Sitting with Christ at the right hand of God;
2. Have their life hidden with Christ in God;
3. Christ is their life.

While hidden Christ in God, Paul exhorts them to put off the stuff that brings wrath on the son of disobedience (sons of the disobedient one - Adam):
1. Anger
2. Wrath
3. Malice
4. Lying
5. Fornication
6. Uncleanness
7. Passion
8. Evil desire
9. Covetousness
10. Idolatry

They are doing THE SAME THINGS as those upon whom wrath will come and they are seated at God's right hand! They don't "live in them", they live in God!

How can this be? Read Colossians 2.

They are not in the flesh, they are in the Spirit. Their flesh has been circumcised.

Col. 2:9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, 10 and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority; 11 and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ; 12 having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.

They are not on earth, they are in Heaven. They no longer live in this world.

Col. 2:20 If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as, 21 “Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!” 22 (which all refer to things destined to perish with use)—in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men?

There are a ton more scriptures to support this view.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
9/8/15 5:26 pm

Post So Brad JLarry
Are you saying liars are "in Adam"?

I have read all the Scriptures you list many times. I get what you are saying but this still does not answer my question to my sanctification.

I am "in Christ" but I am confused.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
9/9/15 9:00 am

Post Re: So Brad bradfreeman
JLarry wrote:
Are you saying liars are "in Adam"?

I have read all the Scriptures you list many times. I get what you are saying but this still does not answer my question to my sanctification.

I am "in Christ" but I am confused.

I'm saying all unbelievers are "in Adam".

I'm saying all believers are "in Christ", even if they have some issues they need to "put to death" or "put off".

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
9/9/15 1:33 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic