Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Has a decision been reached about a new Mississippi AB?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Has a decision been reached about a new Mississippi AB? doyle
There was another post asking about who the new AB is for Mississippi. However, rumors began to fly about why the former AB resigned so that post was removed. Nothing at all against the one who first made the post but some of the followup ones kind of got out of hand.

There are times when good people resign. Some of those rumors began to be less than complimentary and it seemed nobody at the time, knew exactly what had happened.

Has a new AB been appointed? If you have verified facts, it is ok to share why the former AB resigned. and to discuss the situation - as long as none of it turns into personal attacks.

D

Last edited by doyle on 9/8/15 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerate Owner
8/29/15 5:38 pm

Post Facts ? patrick_henry
Doyle,
With All Due Respect...
Anyone can come on this site and post that something is a verified fact, and unless a Mod or yourself KNOWS the FACTS how can the post be challenged?
8/29/15 6:15 pm

Post Thanks Doyle clevelandCOG
I never ment for that post to get so cruel. I love the AB that resigned. they are good people. I was just intewrested in any news was given as to who is going there. I have spoken to them and got personal details and i am satisfied and happy for them. anyone else interested needs to please ask them for yourself and pray for them and the State of Mississippi Member
8/30/15 2:39 pm

Post The Next Mississippi AB patrick_henry
The next Mississippi AB needs to be a man that has served as an AB before and that will bring a calming spirit to the State as well as visionary leadership. They need to be a pastor's Pastor. New Member
8/31/15 10:26 pm

Post Next Mississippi AB Wayne1
It is my understanding that the new AB was to be selected today, as I understand the committee was meeting today to select the successor to Dr. Larry G. Hess. New Member
9/1/15 5:57 pm

Post Change Agent
Does Dr. Hess have a real doctorate? Maybe we can hear from OTCP> Acts Enthusiast
9/1/15 7:46 pm

Post HighFive
Change Agent wrote:
Does Dr. Hess have a real doctorate? Maybe we can hear from OTCP>

Yes
9/1/15 8:05 pm

Post SouthGeorgiaBoy
Yes, but I'm not a telling!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Acts Enthusiast
9/2/15 4:55 pm

Post Re: Next Mississippi AB deltaman
Wayne1 wrote:
It is my understanding that the new AB was to be selected today, as I understand the committee was meeting today to select the successor to Dr. Larry G. Hess.

We all pray the new overseer does well. He will have quite a job ahead of him. I have heard of unhappy and disappointed pastors in the state. It seems no one has a valid reason for why he was forced to resign or why he was treated in such a disrespectful way. Whether he hired an undocumented person for any reason, some have expressed disappointment in the state council, other officials and the executive committee for their response.
9/2/15 6:19 pm

Post deltaman
Change Agent wrote:
Does Dr. Hess have a real doctorate? Maybe we can hear from OTCP>

yes, he does. someone said he even wrote most of the ministerial training material used today.
9/2/15 6:21 pm

Post Mississippi State Overseer C. Chris Moody
It is official. I have told our church tonight and leadership last night. I have now spoken to the state council members of Mississippi by phone today. We were called by the executive committee on Tuesday evening to inform us of their decision to appoint us to this great state. We accepted it as the will of God.

It has been a tough few days, and exciting at the same time. I am grateful and humbled by this opportunity. This is no swap and trade. The EC assured me this church will be wide open for whomever this local church decides to vote in as pastor. I love the South Cleveland family. Its been home for 13 years. Please pray for my family. This is all they have known.
Belt Jerker
9/2/15 8:58 pm

Post Re: Mississippi State Overseer Old Time Country Preacher
C. Chris Moody wrote:
It is official. I have told our church tonight and leadership last night. I have now spoken to the state council members of Mississippi by phone today. We were called by the executive committee on Tuesday evening to inform us of their decision to appoint us to this great state. We accepted it as the will of God.

It has been a tough few days, and exciting at the same time. I am grateful and humbled by this opportunity. This is no swap and trade. The EC assured me this church will be wide open for whomever this local church decides to vote in as pastor. I love the South Cleveland family. Its been home for 13 years. Please pray for my family. This is all they have known.

The ole timer wishes ya God's best, Chris.
Acts-pert Poster
9/2/15 9:42 pm

Post Change Agent
Brother Moody, be sure to keep on posting here especially if you need any problems solved. Brothers and sisters here can handle them. Laughing Acts Enthusiast
9/3/15 5:55 am

Post The EC made a great choice! COGLayman
Chris Moody is a great choice to be the AB of Mississippi. He has years of proven leadership, doing a fantastic job in South Cleveland. Chris, I wish you all the best in your new position! Friendly Face
9/3/15 7:15 pm

Post Re: Mississippi State Overseer Eddie Robbins
C. Chris Moody wrote:

I relate to your family, being a PK. This is one thing that a lot of people don't think about. It takes the peace of God to get them through the transition. Uprooting a family who is fully engaged with their friends at school and church is difficult. Blessings to them!
Acts-pert Poster
9/4/15 6:14 am

Post georgiapath
Change Agent wrote:
Brother Moody, be sure to keep on posting here especially if you need any problems solved. Brothers and sisters here can handle them. Laughing

We have your back. Laughing Laughing
With friends like us, you don't need enemies. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Acts-dicted
9/4/15 7:53 am

Post Re: The EC made a great choice! deltaman
COGLayman wrote:
Chris Moody is a great choice to be the AB of Mississippi. He has years of proven leadership, doing a fantastic job in South Cleveland. Chris, I wish you all the best in your new position!

We do pray that his experience and faith will do him will in Mississippi, he will need to alot of both.. I just spoke to another pastor in Mississippi this week. Evidently half of the pastors are upset at the state council for not supporting the former overseer and some pastors believe it was the council who wrote letters to cleveland demanding the overseers resignation. The state council is upset with cleveland and the emissary sent to Mississippi for claiming they had sent letters to cleveland. The pastor said no one knew the truth and couldn't understand why anyone would not tell the truth, especially the representative from cleveland. There were others that were concerned that the state would go back like it was under the former overseer who was there for 4 years and surrendered most of his authority to the secretary treasurer who often made the decisions of the Bishop. Yes, Brother Moody is going to need a lot of experience, faith, and wisdom to lead Mississippi.
9/4/15 7:44 pm

Post Re: The EC made a great choice! Nature Boy Florida
deltaman wrote:
COGLayman wrote:
Chris Moody is a great choice to be the AB of Mississippi. He has years of proven leadership, doing a fantastic job in South Cleveland. Chris, I wish you all the best in your new position!

We do pray that his experience and faith will do him will in Mississippi, he will need to alot of both.. I just spoke to another pastor in Mississippi this week. Evidently half of the pastors are upset at the state council for not supporting the former overseer and some pastors believe it was the council who wrote letters to cleveland demanding the overseers resignation. The state council is upset with cleveland and the emissary sent to Mississippi for claiming they had sent letters to cleveland. The pastor said no one knew the truth and couldn't understand why anyone would not tell the truth, especially the representative from cleveland. There were others that were concerned that the state would go back like it was under the former overseer who was there for 4 years and surrendered most of his authority to the secretary treasurer who often made the decisions of the Bishop. Yes, Brother Moody is going to need a lot of experience, faith, and wisdom to lead Mississippi.

Hey Chris,

Sounds like you won't need to acquaint yourself with Mississippi.
Delta man already knows everything there is to know.
Just talk to him for 30 minutes and you will be good to go. Twisted Evil
9/7/15 11:13 am

Post Mississippi Overseer Wayne1
Though I am thrilled for Chris Moody, I just don't understand the thinking of the executive committee in taking another pastor from a thriving and flourshing church, in order to fill a vacancy in their list of Admistrative Bishops. We have seen this in the past and it is usually the church that suffers. New Member
9/7/15 4:17 pm

Post Disagree JimmieDavis
If we don't start successful pastors in leadership in the COG we are going to continue to maintain status quo. I like C Moody moving out. Can't believe the committee did this. Friendly Face
9/7/15 5:08 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic