Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

My pick for the new General Overseer
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post My pick for the new General Overseer Eddie Robbins
Yep, I'm gonna politic a little bit. I understand the game. I have been around it all my life. I have heard 2 men tell my Dad that if he'll help them make it to the top, they would recommend him as a state overseer. I was a kid and have never forgotten it. So, I get it. There have also been those who were not politicians. But, most of you know the game. The person that I am going to recommend will probably not receive votes because he is not a politician. He is also not a charismatic person like a Jentezen Franklin that the preachers couldn't wait to vote for even though he had no clue about the position you voting him to. That's just how some of y'all vote. So, my guy won't be one of those.

If you want innovation, passion, leadership, business sense and negotiation expertise all led by the Holy Spirit, you'll consider Dr. Fred Garmon as your General Overseer.
Acts-pert Poster
8/1/15 11:15 am

Post JLarry
I have no problem with Fred Garman.

BTW, who is Fred Garman?

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
8/1/15 11:54 am

Post Eddie Robbins
He is the director (not sure of official title) for People for Care and Learning. Go to PCL.is to learn about what is going on there. Acts-pert Poster
8/1/15 12:27 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Quote:
If you want innovation, passion, leadership, business sense and negotiation expertise all led by the Holy Spirit, you'll consider Dr. Fred Garmon as your General Overseer.

I agree 100%

Problem is noted in your pretext ...we do have a political problem.
Do you think it's the same guys more or less that come up for votes every year? Or maybe all you have to do is hit the popularity button & 'whammo' your in the stream?

It seems to be the trend at every state meeting & I'm sure it's happening at the national level as well. I can hear Dr. Conrad Lowe's warnings about what we need to do to get back on track but nobody heeded that.

Based on the last several GA's I've attended I'm thinking we're going to get a huge dose of the same ole same ole.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
8/1/15 3:52 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Nothing will change. Acts-pert Poster
8/1/15 5:01 pm

Post mytimewillcome
Thumb Up Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
8/2/15 12:22 pm

Post Holy Cow... Clint Wills
Dr. Fred would be AWESOME!! The question is: would he do it? He seems to love what he is doing with PCL right now. I'd love to see him in any of the EC positions, but am a bit skeptical that he would even do it. Now...director of WM? That may be a possibility! Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/2/15 9:02 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
That would be a question to ask. But, these preachers aren't going there. You know what is going to happen. Acts-pert Poster
8/2/15 9:18 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
I am pretty sure Eddie is not an Ordained Bishop in the COG.

Those are the only guys that matter when it comes to VOTING.

So Eddie was just putting an overlooked name out there for consideration of the OBs that frequent the board.

We really could use 5 guys with a diverse background working together...and one that is busy accomplishing things around the world.
8/3/15 7:29 am

Post This thread is for COG ministers Eddie Robbins
Continuing on the subject....The COG is at a place where it could use something fresh and innovative. Acts-pert Poster
8/3/15 7:38 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
The Soddy Daisy Prophet needs to be the next Gen Overseer. Then let's elect 3 women assist gen overseers an a woman sec treasurer. Acts-pert Poster
8/3/15 9:25 am

Post bonnie knox
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
The Soddy Daisy Prophet needs to be the next Gen Overseer. Then let's elect 3 women assist gen overseers an a woman sec treasurer.

I think I detect a streak of sadism in the Ole Timer. Wink
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/3/15 9:48 am

Post Fred Garmon has an earned Ph.D.... postmodern
...does that disqualify him from office?

Seriously, Fred has a Ph.D. in organizational leadership. Most of his exposure to the church is through his leadership seminars.

Fred has also pastored good churches and was in high contention for the job at PTS before Dr. Vest was selected.
Friendly Face
8/6/15 5:04 am

Post caveator
Friends and Neighbors, It doesn't take a prophet to know that your next Executive Committee will be

GO - Tim Hill
1st Ast. - Jim Stephens
2nd Ast. - Raymond Cullpepper
3rd Ast. - Thomas Propes
ST - John Childers

The thought of anything different is naive. Smile
Acts-celerater
8/6/15 3:23 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Ok, then....vote for Tom. Acts-pert Poster
8/6/15 4:29 pm

Post Hope your wrong- JimmieDavis
Caveator I usually like your posts. That is the most depressing post ever. I hope you're a false prophet on this go around. Friendly Face
8/6/15 6:01 pm

Post javajoel
This is one of my problems with the COG! I don't like the change in leaders. I would like to see us stick with Dr. Mark Williams.

#dreameriknow
Friendly Face
8/6/15 6:34 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
They did make changes that gave him 2 extra years, right? Acts-pert Poster
8/6/15 6:54 pm

Post caveator
I didn't say that those were my choices or preference. I've simply been around long enough to know how things work. If I were a betting man, I would make a fortune on that bet. There will be a lot of dialogue, but that will be the new Executive Committee. I guarantee it. Acts-celerater
8/7/15 10:36 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
caveator wrote:
I didn't say that those were my choices or preference. I've simply been around long enough to know how things work. If I were a betting man, I would make a fortune on that bet. There will be a lot of dialogue, but that will be the new Executive Committee. I guarantee it.

I'm so very close to agreeing with you 100%.

Our system should have changed years ago to allow for a strong leader to be left in office for indefinite terms as long as hes doing a great job. It hasn't hurt the A/G's - it's funny, we want the option to vote in and vote out our executive leadership but we don't want our churches to have the right to vote on our own leadership qualities.
Wink

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
8/8/15 2:01 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.