Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
@actscelerate Twitter  @actscelerate Facebook 

Does Wine in the Bible contain alcohol or not?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
   Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post krista
Cojak wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Anyone who says obesity doesn't destroy other lives has probably never lived with, loved, and taken care of someone who can barely walk or breathe. That will be the fate of a near majority of Americans who are young and middle aged adults today.

There are alcoholics in the world, but tens if not hundreds of millions of people regularly drink in moderation without consequence.

There is not one person who is obese and not facing health consequences and earlier death as a result.


Anyone who says obesity is MY business and only hurts me, has never known a small wife, sister or loved one who was a care=giver to an obese husband or brother. I have know of injuries to innocent loved ones who were left to roll, lift and clean the obese person who said, "This is MY business."

Look around you, if it hasn't affected you, it might.

Just a view from EXPERIENCE! Sad

Krista, the obese person may not run over someone, but they kill more slowly. Sad


Your not even close. Wrong as usual. And it's the same, worn out argument for getting drunk.
If you drink in moderation, you are moderately drunk.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
Posts: 2951
8/8/15 3:40 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Dave Dorsey
krista wrote:
" without consequence" is delusional.

In the United States, 70.7% of people have had a drink within the last year, and 56.4% of people have had a drink within the last month. Source: http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/alcohol-facts-and-statistics

Could you please explain and cite evidence for the consequences you claim are faced by the 225.46 million people who have had a drink in the last year in the US (based on 2014 population figures) and the 179.86 million who have had a drink in the last month?

Thanks.
Now 67% friendlier!
Posts: 13428
8/8/15 4:20 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post krista
Dave Dorsey wrote:
krista wrote:
" without consequence" is delusional.

In the United States, 70.7% of people have had a drink within the last year, and 56.4% of people have had a drink within the last month. Source: http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/alcohol-facts-and-statistics

Could you please explain and cite evidence for the consequences you claim are faced by the 225.46 million people who have had a drink in the last year in the US (based on 2014 population figures) and the 179.86 million who have had a drink in the last month?

Thanks.


" A drink"? Really?....One drink? Come on Dave. You can't believe that. You seem to be a smarter guy than that.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
Posts: 2951
8/10/15 11:09 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post krista
Dave Dorsey wrote:
krista wrote:
" without consequence" is delusional.

In the United States, 70.7% of people have had a drink within the last year, and 56.4% of people have had a drink within the last month. Source: http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/alcohol-facts-and-statistics

Could you please explain and cite evidence for the consequences you claim are faced by the 225.46 million people who have had a drink in the last year in the US (based on 2014 population figures) and the 179.86 million who have had a drink in the last month?

Thanks.


Just read your link, and that is NOT what it's saying. It is not saying "A drink", as though they only had one drink in 6 months.
But since you gave the link, why don't you go ahead and post those first few paragraphs of the article?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
Posts: 2951
8/10/15 11:13 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post krista
Dave Dorsey wrote:
krista wrote:
" without consequence" is delusional.

In the United States, 70.7% of people have had a drink within the last year, and 56.4% of people have had a drink within the last month. Source: http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/alcohol-facts-and-statistics

Could you please explain and cite evidence for the consequences you claim are faced by the 225.46 million people who have had a drink in the last year in the US (based on 2014 population figures) and the 179.86 million who have had a drink in the last month?

Thanks.


I did it for you. This comes un-edited or changed. It's from the link you suggest I read. Here are the first few paragraphs:

Alcohol Use in the United States:
Prevalence of Drinking: In 2013, 86.8 percent of people ages 18 or older reported that they drank alcohol at some point in their lifetime; 70.7 percent reported that they drank in the past year; 56.4 percent reported that they drank in the past month.1

Prevalence of Binge Drinking and Heavy Drinking: In 2013, 24.6 percent of people ages 18 or older reported that they engaged in binge drinking in the past month; 6.8 percent reported that they engaged in heavy drinking in the past month.2

Alcohol Use Disorders (AUDs) in the United States:
Adults (ages 18+): 16.6 million adults ages 18 and older3 (7.0 percent of this age group4) had an AUD in 2013. This includes 10.8 million men3 (9.4 percent of men in this age group4) and 5.8 million women3 (4.7 percent of women in this age group4).
About 1.3 million adults received treatment for an AUD at a specialized facility in 2013 (7.8 percent of adults who needed treatment). This included 904,000 million men (8.0 percent of men in need) and 444,000 women (7.3 percent of women who needed treatment).5

Youth (ages 12–17): In 2013 an estimated 697,000 adolescents ages 12–176 (2.8 percent of this age group7) had an AUD. This number includes 385,000 females6 (3.2 percent of females in this age group7) and 311,000 males6 (2.5 percent of males in this age group7).
An estimated 73,000 adolescents (44,000 males and 29,000 females) received treatment for an alcohol problem in a specialized facility in 2013.8

Alcohol-Related Deaths:
Nearly 88,0009 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women10) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making it the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States.9

In 2013, alcohol-impaired driving fatalities accounted for 10,076 deaths (30.8 percent of overall driving fatalities).11

Economic Burden:
In 2006, alcohol misuse problems cost the United States $223.5 billion.12

Almost three-quarters of the total cost of alcohol misuse is related to binge drinking.12

Global Burden:
In 2012, 3.3 million deaths, or 5.9 percent of all global deaths (7.6 percent for men and 4.0 percent for women), were attributable to alcohol consumption.13

Alcohol contributes to over 200 diseases and injury-related health conditions, most notably alcohol dependence, liver cirrhosis, cancers, and injuries.14 In 2012, 5.1 percent of the burden of disease and injury worldwide (139 million disability-adjusted life years) was attributable to alcohol consumption.13

Globally, alcohol misuse is the fifth leading risk factor for premature death and disability; among people between the ages of 15 and 49, it is the first.15

Family Consequences:
More than 10 percent of U.S. children live with a parent with alcohol problems, according to a 2012 study.16
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
Posts: 2951
8/10/15 11:19 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Nature Boy Florida
10,000+ alcohol related driving fatalities! in one year.

Alcohol use disorders = 9.4% of all adult men.

Wow.

Alcohol is even worse than I thought.

And the church promotes its use now. Unbelievable.
_________________
Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going today!
Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16338
8/10/15 12:07 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post krista
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
10,000+ alcohol related driving fatalities! in one year.

Alcohol use disorders = 9.4% of all adult men.

Wow.

Alcohol is even worse than I thought.

And the church promotes its use now. Unbelievable.


And Dave didn't take the time to read it. And if he did, he still endorses drinking. How anyone could read that and still think that there are a lot of people who drink a "half a glass" or "A drink", is incredible.
I grew up around people who drink alcohol. People at many different levels of consumption and I never saw one person drink "A drink", or "half a glass". Even the most conservative drinkers did not even come close to what these guys on Acts try to persuade us to think. It is all bologna!
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
Posts: 2951
8/10/15 12:15 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
10,000+ alcohol related driving fatalities! in one year.

And 225.46 million people who drank in one year.

The best approach to alcohol is never to touch it at all. But, the suggestion that krista seems to be making -- basically, that a drop of alcohol touching your tongue will wreck your life and wreck the lives of others -- doesn't hold water. 225.46 million people in the United States drank last year, and yet barely more than 7% drank until they could unfortunately be characterized as having an Alcohol Use Disorder.

The remaining 93% drank in moderation and continued their lives. That was my point.

How do you avoid being in the 7%? Don't drink. That's my approach. But krista has written many words in this thread mocking the concept of drinking in moderation, and 93% of the people who drank last year prove her wrong.
Now 67% friendlier!
Posts: 13428
8/10/15 12:30 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post krista
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
10,000+ alcohol related driving fatalities! in one year.

And 225.46 million people who drank in one year.

The best approach to alcohol is never to touch it at all. But, the suggestion that krista seems to be making -- basically, that a drop of alcohol touching your tongue will wreck your life and wreck the lives of others -- doesn't hold water. 225.46 million people in the United States drank last year, and yet barely more than 7% drank until they could unfortunately be characterized as having an Alcohol Use Disorder.

The remaining 93% drank in moderation and continued their lives. That was my point.

How do you avoid being in the 7%? Don't drink. That's my approach. But krista has written many words in this thread mocking the concept of drinking in moderation, and 93% of the people who drank last year prove her wrong.


Why don't you address me instead of your passive aggression toward me to someone else? My point is, is that drinking in moderation, where a person has "A drink" or "half a glass" is nonsense. And you know that. You posted a link to an article, that you didn't even read.
Did you read it? and still ok with with those numbers? Wow.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
Posts: 2951
8/10/15 12:39 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post JLarry
I think I have mentioned this before but here it is again.

My little brothers Doctor told him to drink 4oz of wine each day for his heart. He has done this every day for a number of years.

To my knowledge he has not abused it.

I tasted it and cannot stomach the stuff.

I do however believe it is better for the body than a Soda, Diet otherwise. Eddie may have the answer here.

I do not drink. 1. I have a control problem. It is easier for me to eat no sweets than a little sweets. Of no taters than a small amount of taters (I am from the south).

I am doing what I can to live as long as possible and by living I mean quality not quantity. So I may get some wine and have 4 oz's every night. Surely I can develop a taste for the stuff.
_________________
Recorded Sermons @ www.pastorwiley.com

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
Posts: 3241
8/10/15 1:03 pm


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Makes absolutely no sense..... spartanfan
JLarry wrote:
I think I have mentioned this before but here it is again.

My little brothers Doctor told him to drink 4oz of wine each day for his heart. He has done this every day for a number of years.

To my knowledge he has not abused it.

I tasted it and cannot stomach the stuff.

I do however believe it is better for the body than a Soda, Diet otherwise. Eddie may have the answer here.

I do not drink. 1. I have a control problem. It is easier for me to eat no sweets than a little sweets. Of no taters than a small amount of taters (I am from the south).

I am doing what I can to live as long as possible and by living I mean quality not quantity. So I may get some wine and have 4 oz's every night. Surely I can develop a taste for the stuff.


The alcohol adds no benefit so drink grape juice instead. Or better yet - the grapes (red or purple) have all the benefits plus the fiber in the pulp which is an added benefit. There is absolutely no benefit whatsoever to drinking the alcoholic beverage when you can just eat some grapes.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
Posts: 3632
8/10/15 2:35 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Eddie Robbins
A beer a day has lots of benefits too, just for the record. Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16434
8/10/15 3:08 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
A beer a day has lots of benefits too, just for the record.


Smile Nobody has a beer a day, someone said that is impossible, or implied same.

Just keeping up. This Regular Alcohol post is always ......... about the same. Smile
_________________
Some facts but mostly just my opinion!
jacsher@aol.com
http://shipslog-jack.blogspot.com/
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
Posts: 23369
8/10/15 11:20 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post burned out
([/quote]

Your not even close. Wrong as usual. And it's the same, worn out argument for getting drunk.
If you drink in moderation, you are moderately drunk.[/quote]

Horrible logic. If God wanted you to consume no alcohol, He would have had it inscribed in scripture. He only placed cautions to consuming too much alcohol. Stop adding rules and regulations where there are none. You can argue it from a cultural/societal point of view as often as you like...just don't speak for Him where He has not spoken.
_________________
Man, am I tired.
Friendly Face
Posts: 179
8/12/15 2:15 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Eddie Robbins
And speaking for God in His name when He didn't speak is using His name in vain. That's a lot scarier than yelling His name when you hit your finger with the hammer. Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16434
8/12/15 2:22 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post krista
burned out wrote:
(


Your not even close. Wrong as usual. And it's the same, worn out argument for getting drunk.
If you drink in moderation, you are moderately drunk.[/quote]

Horrible logic. If God wanted you to consume no alcohol, He would have had it inscribed in scripture. He only placed cautions to consuming too much alcohol. Stop adding rules and regulations where there are none. You can argue it from a cultural/societal point of view as often as you like...just don't speak for Him where He has not spoken.[/quote]

Guess you're burned out huh?
As I said. same old junk from the sipping saints. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
Posts: 2951
8/13/15 7:38 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post bradfreeman
krista wrote:
burned out wrote:
(


Your not even close. Wrong as usual. And it's the same, worn out argument for getting drunk.
If you drink in moderation, you are moderately drunk.


Horrible logic. If God wanted you to consume no alcohol, He would have had it inscribed in scripture. He only placed cautions to consuming too much alcohol. Stop adding rules and regulations where there are none. You can argue it from a cultural/societal point of view as often as you like...just don't speak for Him where He has not spoken.[/quote]

Guess you're burned out huh?
As I said. same old junk from the sipping saints. Laughing Laughing Laughing[/quote]

“And you shall spend that money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen or sheep, for wine or similar drink, for whatever your heart desires; you shall eat there before the LORD your God, and you shall rejoice, you and your household.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭14:26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭7:33-34‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

What does our sipping Savior say?
_________________
I'm not saved because I'm good. I'm saved because He's good!

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
Posts: 9027
8/13/15 10:22 pm


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Get Wisdom and Support Total Abstinence! spartanfan
Ephesians 1:17 ESV :"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him..."

Seriously, the mature and serious disciple of Christ should ask, “What is the wise thing for me to do?” I challenge anyone to show me the superior wisdom of drinking “in moderation,” as opposed to not drinking at all- since there is absolutely nothing positive to be gained from any alcoholic beverage that cannot be found in a better source.

This is not legalism but love. This is not being anti-biblical but pro-brother and sister. This is not working for evil but for good.

Given the world in which we live I believe such a lifestyle honors the Lord Jesus. I believe it pleases Him. Without question it is the wiser thing to do.

Grace is "the divine influence upon the heart and its reflection in the life." Grace then will be manifested out in holiness and wisdom. Drinking alcoholic beverages is neither holy or wise. Quite the contrary!
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
Posts: 3632
8/14/15 12:05 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: Get Wisdom and Support Total Abstinence! bradfreeman
spartanfan wrote:
Seriously, the mature and serious disciple of Christ should ask, “What is the wise thing for me to do?” I challenge anyone to show me the superior wisdom of drinking “in moderation,” as opposed to not drinking at all- since there is absolutely nothing positive to be gained from any alcoholic beverage that cannot be found in a better source.



Are you saying Jesus was exercising inferior wisdom and should have used a "better source"?

For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’
‭‭Luke‬ ‭7:33-34‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

What does our sipping Savior's life say?
_________________
I'm not saved because I'm good. I'm saved because He's good!

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
Posts: 9027
8/14/15 6:00 am


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Eddie Robbins
It is legalism when it is a requirement for membership. Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16434
8/14/15 7:05 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Acts-celerate Terms of Use | Acts-celerate Policy
World News Network | Acts-celerate Chat
Contact the Administrator.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.