Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Where are the dead?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Where are the dead? Eddie Robbins
I know that Jesus said "this day, you'll be with Me in paradise," but where is that? Is it Heaven? Is my Mom and Dad looking down on me? I know to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Where is the Lord? At the right hand of the Father. Is that whee my Mom and Dad are?

Give your best guess as to what happens to a believer when they die. Write about the whole process all the way through to the resurrection of the saints.
Acts-pert Poster
5/11/15 3:29 pm

Post Randy Johnson
For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in, God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, you also will appear with him in glory.

The body returns to the dust from which it came, the spirit returns to God who gave it.

For the time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out. Those who have done good will rise to live, those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.

1 Corinthians 15:6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep.

1 Corinthians 15:18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.

1 Corinthians 15:20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

1 Thessalonians 4:13 [ The Coming of the Lord ] But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

1 Thessalonians 4:15 For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.

1 Thessalonians 5:10 who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him.

2 Peter 3:4 They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.”
Ickesburg, Pennsylvania
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/12/15 6:25 am

Post mytimewillcome
Good question, Eddie.

I wonder if we all don't "wake up" at the same time in the presence of God.

If there is no time in Heaven as we know it here on Earth, who is to say that your great-grandfather won't experience heaven at the same time your great-grandmother did even though they may have died at different times.

But, hey, I don't theologize for a living.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
5/12/15 6:30 am

Post What does the Word of God say? 4golf
There are only "TWO" places you will go when you die! ONLY two. If there are more than two, than God and Jesus Christ are nothing more than liars! If people would just read the Bible, it would tell you every thing! What did Jesus Christ tell the thief? He told him; "TODAY" you will be with "ME"
in pairidise! Jesus didn't tell him he would go to purgotroy, like a cult believes! He didn't tell him he would have a stopping off place before joining Him in Heaven! He told him, Today, the moment he died he would be with Jesus and God! Sounds pretty simple to me, but I am like Forrest, a simple man!
5/12/15 6:37 am

Post Re: What does the Word of God say? mytimewillcome
4golf wrote:
There are only "TWO" places you will go when you die! ONLY two.

Can you provide scriptural proof of what you said? Please tell us where the 2 places are. You already mentioned "paradise" as one. What is the other?
5/12/15 6:41 am

Post Re: What does the Word of God say? bradfreeman
4golf wrote:
There are only "TWO" places you will go when you die! ONLY two. If there are more than two, than God and Jesus Christ are nothing more than liars! If people would just read the Bible, it would tell you every thing! What did Jesus Christ tell the thief? He told him; "TODAY" you will be with "ME"
in pairidise! Jesus didn't tell him he would go to purgotroy, like a cult believes! He didn't tell him he would have a stopping off place before joining Him in Heaven! He told him, Today, the moment he died he would be with Jesus and God! Sounds pretty simple to me, but I am like Forrest, a simple man!

So it's either Heaven, Hell or Paradise?

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
5/12/15 6:47 am

Post Re: What does the Word of God say? Randy Johnson
bradfreeman wrote:
4golf wrote:

So it's either Heaven, Hell or Paradise?

Come on , guys, you all know this.

Pre-Cross: Bosom of Abraham (Paradise) or Hades.

Post-Cross: Hades or Heaven

Post-Resurrection of saints: Heaven or Gehenna
Ickesburg, Pennsylvania
5/12/15 12:37 pm

Post Re: What does the Word of God say? mytimewillcome
Randy Johnson wrote:

Randy, care to share a verse that says when people die they could be in hell (or Hades/Gehenna)?
5/13/15 2:50 am

Post ? Scooter
Body, soul, or Spirit? Laughing Acts Enthusiast
5/13/15 6:24 am

Post Eddie Robbins
To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord raises a question. Jesus lives inside of us. He never leaves us nor forsakes us. He will be with us until the end of the age. Aren't we already present with the Lord?

Last edited by Eddie Robbins on 5/13/15 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
5/13/15 7:10 am

Post Scooter
Eddie Robbins wrote:
To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lordraises a question. Jesus lives inside of us. He never leaves us nor forsakes us. He will be with us until the end of the age. Aren't we already present with the Lord?

Response: True but where can we go that he is not?
Acts Enthusiast
5/13/15 8:43 am

Post Eddie Robbins
No where. That's why the verse makes no sense in light of the other verses. Acts-pert Poster
5/13/15 9:07 am

Post Some thoughts... Aaron Scott
The story of the rich man who went to hell, if we can depend upon that as a valid expression of the next life, indicates immediacy. The rich man wants to go back to WARN his brothers...but if that is so, then clearly the Lord has not come, or that would be a moot point. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/13/15 9:33 am

Post Eddie Robbins
2 things to keep in mind. That story is a parable. Also, it is before the resurrection of Jesus. Acts-pert Poster
5/13/15 12:18 pm

Post Randy Johnson
Eddie Robbins wrote:
2 things to keep in mind. That story is a parable. Also, it is before the resurrection of Jesus.

How do we know it is a parable?
Ickesburg, Pennsylvania
5/13/15 2:38 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
In Rev 20:12, when John said "I saw the dead standing before God," was he seeing dead people?

Was he seeing those who had been dead but had been brought back to life to stand before God?

Was he seeing lost people who had died, their body in the ground, their soul in hell, but for this judgment had been resurrected (body of some kind/soul) to be judged?
Acts-pert Poster
5/13/15 3:06 pm

Post diakoneo
Randy Johnson wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
2 things to keep in mind. That story is a parable. Also, it is before the resurrection of Jesus.

How do we know it is a parable?

I don't believe it was a parable. He did not name people in His parables as He did in this ie Lazarus.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/13/15 4:10 pm

Post Re: Where are the dead? Link
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I know that Jesus said "this day, you'll be with Me in paradise," but where is that? Is it Heaven? Is my Mom and Dad looking down on me? I know to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Where is the Lord? At the right hand of the Father. Is that whee my Mom and Dad are?

Give your best guess as to what happens to a believer when they die. Write about the whole process all the way through to the resurrection of the saints.

The Bible tells us how to comfort one another when one of our brethren die. Paul said to comfort one another 'with these words.' It's a passage about the dead in Christ rising first, and they that are remain being caught up to meet the Lord in the air. Like Paul says in Acts, we have 'the hope of the resurrection.'

What a lot of people do is comfort people with talk of dying and going to heaven. I've heard it preached that when we die, we walk on streets of gold, but the streets of gold are mentioned as being part of a city that descends after the millennium. And the city seems to be the bride, so some of us may actually be the streets of gold.
5/13/15 4:27 pm

Post Re: What does the Word of God say? Randy Johnson
mytimewillcome wrote:
Randy Johnson wrote:

Randy, care to share a verse that says when people die they could be in hell (or Hades/Gehenna)?

No one is in Gehenna yet. No one will be until the Antichrist and his false prophet are cast into it.

It is impossible to give a 100% accurate report of what happens to people when they die. We can extrapolate from different verses of Scripture but we still see through a glass darkly.

I do find it interesting that we have no record in Scripture of the disciples asking Jesus about this question. I wonder why not?
Ickesburg, Pennsylvania
5/13/15 9:21 pm

Post Cojak
Gone to grave yards every one!

I think 'Mytimewillcome', has the answer in a nut shell, 'but he don't theorize'.

The answer is hidden in that point "TIME AND NO TIME", and we just cannot think of what 'NO TIME' is cause WE AIN't never known NO TIME.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/13/15 9:27 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.