Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

General Assembly 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post i don't think an apology is necessary cogalltheway
I didn't intend to attack TP's integrity. I don't think I did. I questioned some comments he made about himself and conveyed some disliking of an offering he took up. No question about his integrity. As far as I know he has the highest integrity. It wasn't really a negative comment Eddie. It was more of a response to what was written regarding the potential elected officials.

Another take- if he feels I attacked him I do apologize but look at this:

1. There hasn't been a huge rush of opposition to the rationale behind my comments regarding him not being elected.
2. There hasn't been an outcry of acts users demanding an apology from me for attacking a brother or for taking comments out of context.
3. If people can "campaign" for why they think someone should be elected, shouldn't others be able to campaign for why they shouldn't be elected? Isn't this a discussion board or is it an agreement board.

I can't imagine a scenario where it is appropriate for someone to use reference the fact that they are the highest paid official in the room. Not even in jest.

Coming off all the financial infidelity HQ has faced, I can't imagine a scenario where it is appropriate for an offering to be taken where someone even hints at the fact that the COG can cut corners or bypass protocol to get checks cashed.

Anybody disagree with that? Kyle? Eddie? Nature? Please enlighten me.
Friendly Face
6/17/15 10:08 am

Post bigchurchmouse
Delete

Last edited by bigchurchmouse on 6/17/15 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
6/17/15 10:15 am

Post People can now see through cogalltheway AussieRain
cogalltheway, I feel for you, you are revealing yourself to be the sad frame of a person you probably are outside of acts. The hilarious part of it is, every time you lash out at Bishop Propes (and you've done it other times), you create the opposite effect.

cogalltheway gripes about Bishop Propes and a joke he made before a sermon (I heard the comment as well) and people see how shallow cogalltheway is.

cogalltheway gripes about Bishop Propes being tough, etc, and people see that Bishop Propes is a resolute leader who operates with real convictions.

cogalltheway's opinion is viewed here to the point that if cogalltheway doesn't think a person should be in leadership, others on this board might in turn think "man, that might be the type of guy I want speaking for me in a leadership position."

When cogalltheway lashes out again Bishop Propes, it only promotes Bishop Propes because people see through cogalltheway.

cogalltheway or a friend probably disagreed with a tough decision made by Bishop Propes in the past and he/she/they is/are now attempting to take pot-shots behind a screen. All it does is show that Bishop Propes is not afraid to make tough decisions and doesn't try to lead by consensus and the ever-changing direction of the wind of opinion.

We now see that cogalltheway is willing to be deceptive and dishonest in his smear-campaign against Bishop Propes. The problem is, cogalltheway, when you lie, you have to remember what you say.

First you said this:

Quote:
i could be wrong since this is speculation

(First indicator of gossip.)

Then when called out on it you said this:

Quote:
I wasn't attacking the integrity of those men.

But later on you said this:

[quote]Its also interesting you would get all worked up about someone voicing their opinion about elected officials when thats exactly what the boys club does don't they? They talk about people's character and then vote[quote]

By comparing what you were doing to a warped impression of what the Ex. Comm does, you unintentionally admitted that you were disparaging the character and integrity of Bishop Propes.

Cogalltheway, in attempting to disparage the character and integrity of one of our leaders, you have only revealed YOUR true character. Sadly, someone is probably friends with you and doesn't know this side of you because you hide it so well. You are hiding hatred, bitterness, jealousy and envy, and its old.

I know I can't speak for every member of this board, but I know that several people here are tired of your "act" on acts. Because again, when you lash out against Bishop Propes, his favorables tend to go up. Why don't you take your "act" somewhere else where the "please select another word" meter isn't as sensitive? Why don't you do yourself a favor and just stop talking?
Friendly Face
6/17/15 10:17 am

Post bigchurchmouse
delete Golf Cart Mafia Capo
6/17/15 10:21 am

Post unbelievable AussieRain
"1. There hasn't been a huge rush of opposition to the rationale behind my comments regarding him not being elected."

What screen are you reading?

"I can't imagine a scenario where it is appropriate for someone to use reference the fact that they are the highest paid official in the room. Not even in jest."

You have GOT to be kidding, cogalltheway, I have difficulty believing you are this dense to not understand that he wasn't talking about money, but AUTHORITY.

have you ever heard someone say "that's above my paygrade?" this is getting rediculous.

"If people can "campaign" for why they think someone should be elected, shouldn't others be able to campaign for why they shouldn't be elected? Isn't this a discussion board or is it an agreement board."

No. You are the only one doing this, and you are using one comment to base that opinion on, and you are either an idiot or intentionally misrepresenting what he said. Ridiculous. Shameful.
Friendly Face
6/17/15 10:31 am

Post The man said it JimmieDavis
Ask someone from South Carolina for the context of his remarks. The rest of those speculating have no clue what he said and what he meant. It would be good to get the truth. Friendly Face
6/17/15 11:26 am

Post Jimmie AussieRain
I heard it with my own ears. I and everyone else around me who heard it knew what he meant. And everyone who has see heard that statement knows what it means and what anyone would mean by that. He was talking about authority not money, and it wasn't even said in an aggressive manner. This is so unbelievably silly. Friendly Face
6/17/15 11:54 am

Post diakoneo
This is one the strangest threads I have ever seen.

Cryptic writing
Quotes no one repeats but we all know
Arguing about stuff that will happen or not happen over a year from now
Stuff that will matter little to the average member of the Church of God

and yet I read it all!

Thanks guys, I cannot get that 30 minutes back Twisted Evil

Last edited by diakoneo on 6/18/15 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/17/15 12:21 pm

Post Ok cogalltheway
If I need to go back and delete my comments I will. I wasn't trying to stir stuff. Really. I was saying why I don't think the projected top 5 from this thread would get the vote.

Mods if I need to delete to keep peace then inbox me.

From here on out I'll try to be a good little COG boy and toe the company line and only say things that people agree with and make them feel good like the majority of people do on this board.
Friendly Face
6/17/15 12:44 pm

Post Moderators!!! cogalltheway
Aussie rain has resulted to name calling. He/she called me an idiot and I don't appreciate it. Friendly Face
6/17/15 12:51 pm

Post AussieRain
You should delete them. This has absolutely nothing to do with "toeing" (or towing) a company line. Frankly, I don't care who you want to be on the EC. Promote him all you want. However, I greatly object to you misrepresenting something a leader said with alterior motives.

And saying "you either are an idiot OR..." Was allowing for room that you might not have intentionally misrepresented his remarks. Thanks for confirming my suspicion.
Friendly Face
6/17/15 12:59 pm

Post AussieRain
You should delete them. This has absolutely nothing to do with "toeing" (or towing) a company line. Frankly, I don't care who you want to be on the EC. Promote him all you want. However, I greatly object to you misrepresenting something a leader said with alterior motives.

And saying "you either are an idiot OR..." Was allowing for room that you might not have intentionally misrepresented his remarks. Thanks for confirming my suspicion.
Friendly Face
6/17/15 1:01 pm

Post wow cogalltheway
Ive never been insulted by someone named after hair products before Smile

Aussie Rain, this thread between us has gotten out of hand. Im sure neither one of us thinks he's "head and shoulders" above the rest. I must be careful not to "condition" myself to believe things that aren't true. I'd really rather "knot" get all "tied up" in this name calling with a hair guy but I just can't "brush" this one off. I think we should keep this conversation PERTinent to the topic at hand. I know it started out as a little "teasing" but I think my comments were "colored" the wrong way. We can find a PERManent solution to our disagreement and maybe that means I should just type comments that are "nice'n easy". Anyways I honestly think TP is a "SUAVE" guy and he understands the (herbal) ESSENCE of leadership. He is a forward thinking leader who promotes women in ministry and isn't a bishop who's "just for men". I really want to make sure I give and receive the best "treatment" I can on this board so I will recant any offending statements I have made. When my time is over and I have "dyed" I want to make sure my heart is right.
Friendly Face
6/17/15 1:35 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
With every post, you seem to be revealing your heart. You should have the guts to sign your name to it. But, you don't. Acts-pert Poster
6/17/15 2:41 pm

Post Eddie cogalltheway
Are you just upset because you can't use hair care products? [/i] Friendly Face
6/17/15 2:49 pm

Post bigchurchmouse
delete

Last edited by bigchurchmouse on 6/18/15 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
6/17/15 4:56 pm

Post bigchurchmouse
I think the post using 'hair' products and words involving hair was clever. It made me chuckle. Sounded like something Bonnie would put together. Golf Cart Mafia Capo
6/17/15 5:04 pm

Post Common sense thinking Dean Steenburgh
All I know is we had something new & fresh with PB Williams. Don't you think we potentially will go back to the same ole same ole?

For the first time since I came to this church as pastor we didn't make room in the 2016 budget to attend GA.

Based on the discussion from this thread I'm going to suggest to FCC leadership that we skip next GA, (5 CoG Bishops, wives & families). I see no reason to attend these functions any longer as they have no bearing on our local ministry & the funds are better off kept right here.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
6/17/15 8:39 pm

Post Eddie cogalltheway
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made the bald comment. It was uncalled for and personal. Sometimes I take my joking too far and this time I did. Please accept my apology and I hope you aren't offended. Friendly Face
6/18/15 7:20 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I can't be offended by something that I'm proud of. My Dad was bald and he was the greatest man I know. I embrace it. The problem is that you didn't know that and you resorted to a personal attack. What's worse is that I put my name out here and hide nothing. You, on the other hand hide behind a pen name and make attacks. Acts-pert Poster
6/18/15 9:43 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic