Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

General Assembly 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post georgiapath
If that had happened in the real world, heads would have rolled. How anybody could approve the same invoice for $115,000 is beyond me. Absolutely no excuse. Acts-dicted
1/16/16 8:19 pm

Post Nathan_Headrick
Let's just be sure to pray about the men we should vote in to the various positions, the ones that get elected (hopefully they are one in the same), and pray over the agenda items. Saturated with prayer, following the leadership of the Holy Spirit, we cannot lose. New Member
1/29/16 5:17 pm

Post LonghornFan
Something that everyone needs to significantly consider at this General Assembly is your council of 18 vote. In 2012, there were several new, younger members who were elected onto the council of 18. Those guys are coming off of the council this time, due to tenure limitations:

Bill Isaacs, Bryan Cutshall, Kevin Wallace, and Chris Moody will all have to come off of the council of 18 at this assembly.

I consider each of these men to be forward thinkers of a new generation of leaders. Who do we replace those men with?
Friendly Face
2/2/16 10:13 am

Post deltaman
LonghornFan wrote:
Something that everyone needs to significantly consider at this General Assembly is your council of 18 vote. In 2012, there were several new, younger members who were elected onto the council of 18. Those guys are coming off of the council this time, due to tenure limitations:

Bill Isaacs, Bryan Cutshall, Kevin Wallace, and Chris Moody will all have to come off of the council of 18 at this assembly.

I consider each of these men to be forward thinkers of a new generation of leaders. Who do we replace those men with?

How about: David Griffiths, John Childers, Thomas Propes, and Tim Hill

Then we could elect J. David Stephens, Bryan Cutshall, Bill Isaacs, Chris Moody and Kevin Wallace to the Executive Committee.. Lets be bold and forward thinking and start with a new generation of leaders!!!
2/3/16 11:53 pm

Post new generation of leaders? AussieRain
one of the names you mentioned has never served on the EC and one has only served three years (the same amount of time as a name mentioned in your "new" leaders list), not even a full term yet. How are they not "new" leaders?

I still say the EC will end up as follows (and I think this would be a good thing)....

GO: Tim Hill (pastor and administrator experience)
1st Asst: Thomas Propes (pastor and administrator experience)
2nd Asst: Raymond Culpepper (youth director, pastor and administrator experience)
3rd Asst: Jim Stephens (youth director, pastor and administrator experience)
Sec Gen: John Childers (youth director and administrator experience, i think he pastored as well but not sure).

Youth and Discipleship Director: David Blair
Assistant: Rob Bailey

World Missions Director: Mark Williams
Assistant: David Griffis
Friendly Face
2/4/16 1:43 pm

Post AussieRain JimmieDavis
You are so predictable. Friendly Face
2/4/16 3:53 pm

Post Jimmie AussieRain
Jimmie I get that you didn't mean that as a compliment, but I'll tell you why I take it as one.

The sun rises and sets in the same places, every day. It's predictable. I appreciate that. Every day when I get home from work, my wife and children are there to greet me. It's predictable. I like that. I'm blessed to have three meals a day, my eating schedule is predictable. I like it when my eating schedule stays that way.

Predictable is secure, predictable is stable, predictable is safe. I've lived long enough to learn that when you shake up the apple cart, sometimes apples fall out of the cart.

Beyond that, I shared my opinion. I didn't go personal or negative on anyone. If that offends you, then you have a right to take it up with the moderators and tell them that I have shared an opinion, on a discussion board.
Friendly Face
2/4/16 5:41 pm

Post PQ Billy Humphrey
My name is Billy Humphrey from Baltimore, MD and I move previous question on all business before the house. Friendly Face
2/4/16 9:49 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
deltaman wrote:
LonghornFan wrote:

Then we could elect J. David Stephens, Bryan Cutshall, Bill Isaacs, Chris Moody and Kevin Wallace to the Executive Committee.. Lets be bold and forward thinking and start with a new generation of leaders!!!

Griffiths? Really?
Acts-pert Poster
2/4/16 10:06 pm

Post diakoneo
Eddie Robbins wrote:
deltaman wrote:
LonghornFan wrote:

Griffiths? Really?

Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/4/16 10:19 pm

Post my apologies clevelandgrad
LonghornFan wrote:

To everyone: I apologize I had not taken the time to read this entire post, it's getting quite lengthy and is difficult to follow so, I apologize for creating my own post.

Mr. LonghornFan:

Your post about certain people who will have to come off the council of 18, disturbs me greatly. In my opinion these people have been very instrumental in helping the COG navigate some very tough times.(TOT reduction and money being stolen) We need to replace these great leaders with other great leaders and not fall back on names that we know.

As for me, I do have concern seeing Bishop Culpepper return to the GO chair. Bishop Tim Hill has done a great job raising money for WM projects but what are the missionaries saying about him. in regards to the direction of the COG, what do my friends on the west coast say about our direction.

IMO it's time to start looking at some fresh faces. It's time to start reviewing the resume's of some of our other not so well known leaders and see if they are the right people to continue moving us forward.

We need to return the GA to it's former glory. We need to involve our kids more in all our events. We need to be sending more to the mission field, we need to be licensing more people under 40. We need to take better care of our local churches/pastors(help them all). Stop making pastors of small churches feel like they are less than and that their voice doesn't matter. If we do not correct these issues within the next 5 to 10 years - the great Church of God will not be that great anymore.
2/5/16 12:47 pm

Post Re: my apologies LonghornFan
clevelandgrad wrote:
LonghornFan wrote:

To everyone: I apologize I had not taken the time to read this entire post, it's getting quite lengthy and is difficult to follow so, I apologize for creating my own post.

Mr. LonghornFan:

Your post about certain people who will have to come off the council of 18, disturbs me greatly. In my opinion these people have been very instrumental in helping the COG navigate some very tough times.(TOT reduction and money being stolen) We need to replace these great leaders with other great leaders and not fall back on names that we know.

As for me, I do have concern seeing Bishop Culpepper return to the GO chair. Bishop Tim Hill has done a great job raising money for WM projects but what are the missionaries saying about him. in regards to the direction of the COG, what do my friends on the west coast say about our direction.

IMO it's time to start looking at some fresh faces. It's time to start reviewing the resume's of some of our other not so well known leaders and see if they are the right people to continue moving us forward.

We need to return the GA to it's former glory. We need to involve our kids more in all our events. We need to be sending more to the mission field, we need to be licensing more people under 40. We need to take better care of our local churches/pastors(help them all). Stop making pastors of small churches feel like they are less than and that their voice doesn't matter. If we do not correct these issues within the next 5 to 10 years - the great Church of God will not be that great anymore.

I realize that I list the same names every General Assembly period. The names that I list are based upon my relationships and a few qualifiers that I have personally. Kevin Wallace, Chris Moody, Tony Stewart, Kip Box and other "younger and newer" members of the council have been on my lists the last two rounds.

Among my primary qualifiers (Other than the obvious requirements, i.e. saved, Spirit filled, integrity, etc.) are: Do they love the Church of God and support the programs of the church? Do they have the vision and leadership ability to effectively contribute to the advancement of the Church of God? Have they served in areas of leadership that equips them to understand process enough to be able to be effective in navigating through the needed changes and actually getting them implemented? Do they understand and honor our heritage, yet understand the need to rethink our future? Are they able to bridge the generation gap? Do they have the ability to unite those who have paved the way while recognizing the need to prepare and release another generation?

My ministry has been limited geographically, but there are several others who I would love to see on the council. I am aware that some have the votes/name recognition and others are less known. In addition to those who are eligible to serve another term on the council, here is my list of pastors (I would consider administrators, but just don't know a lot of them personally) who I personally know would make great members of the council (in no particular order):

Kevin McGlamery (AL), Scott Sheppard (NGA), Travis Johnson (FL), Michael Knight (KY), Doug Anderson (TX), David Smith (NGA), Barry Clardy (OH), Scottie Hager (SC), Bill Lee (FL), JC Worley (DC), Rodney Mullins (OH).

I am sure there are many others who are qualified. As I said, my list is based upon those whom I know. I have no agenda, but I think that it is important that we really process these positions. I think our movement is at a critical juncture. We need to be wise in making our selections. I am open to suggestions.

Last edited by LonghornFan on 2/5/16 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
2/5/16 5:07 pm

Post Missionaries Express Thanks To World Missions Leaders Restorationman
Possibly these articles will assist "clevelandgrad" and others with information concerning Missionaries and their
response to World Mission Executive Leadership.

"Missionaries Respond to Year of The Missionary Actions"
http://cogwm.org/missionaries-respond-to-year-of-the-missionary-actions/

Launch of the Year of the Missionary
http://cogwm.org/yotm/

$750,000 Offering for Missionaries Boosts World Missions
http://digital.turn-page.com/i/84870-october-2012/25?

Hold The Rope of Hope for Missionaries
http://cogwm.org/hold-the-rope-of-hope/

Praying for Missionaries
http://cogwm.org/praying-for-missionaries-part-of-the-1plus1-cc-world-missions-prayer-initiative/
Friendly Face
2/5/16 5:09 pm

Post Re: PQ Old Time Country Preacher
Billy Humphrey wrote:
My name is Billy Humphrey from Baltimore, MD and I move previous question on all business before the house.

Second!
Acts-pert Poster
4/8/16 12:29 pm

Post Restorationman Change Agent
Looks like COGWM's likes to toot their own horn with your help. Do we believe everything is looking up in World Missions or is this just posted for someones political purpose just before GA? Acts Enthusiast
4/11/16 5:37 pm

Post WM looking Up Restorationman
Change Agent, if you look at the whole posts these were facts given to respond to a questioned. Also, it's your call on how you perceive it! Again, it was a report to show great Leadership & The Favor of God on WM! I hope this clarifies it foe you! Friendly Face
4/18/16 4:30 pm

Post skinnybishop
Just took a look at the Minutes of the last Executive Committee Meeting. I am very interested to see what will be on the Agenda for the General Council.

It looks like several items were tabled or referred to committee for further study. So....what are we going to talk about?

Apparently not very much.
5/4/16 10:17 am

Post EC 2016 Revised
GO- T. Hill
1st- R. Culpepper
2nd-J. Childers
3rd-J. Stephens
Sec Gen T. Propes
Hey, DOC
5/8/16 8:19 am

Post BromptonFalls
Quote:
GO- T. Hill
1st- R. Culpepper
2nd-J. Childers
3rd-J. Stephens
Sec Gen T. Propes

Revised, I think your names are right, but not necessarily in that order. If I am not mistaken, Thomas Propes has to move up if he is to stay on the Executive Committee. J. David Stephens has to move up (or down) if he is to remain on the Committee.

If John Childers goes up, who will be elected to World Missions?
5/9/16 1:27 pm

Post MDBishop
BromptonFalls wrote:
Quote:
GO- T. Hill
1st- R. Culpepper
2nd-J. Childers
3rd-J. Stephens
Sec Gen T. Propes

Revised, I think your names are right, but not necessarily in that order. If I am not mistaken, Thomas Propes has to move up if he is to stay on the Executive Committee. J. David Stephens has to move up (or down) if he is to remain on the Committee.

If John Childers goes up, who will be elected to World Missions?

No one has to move. When we voted in 4 year terms, it is conceivable to serve all 8 years of eligibility in the same position.

Blessings
5/9/16 8:43 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic