Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

General Assembly 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Preaching vs. leading Clint Wills
I think this whole discussion about being a good preacher qualifying you for our highest office is part of what is wrong with out current structure.

Nobody knows anyone's qualifications! Tim Hill is a noted speaker AND seems to have done a great job with the World Missions department...guess which one matters more to me for qualifications to lead our denomination? Mark Williams is an outstanding preacher, but I also think he has been one of our better GOs ever....but the two are not connected.

The statement that the preaching must be with, "Pentecostal passion" is troubling. I guess that would mean nobody outside of the Pentecostal movement is a good leader. The problem with that is that there are more amazing leaders outside our fellowship than in it.

We elect based on who we see at our state campmeetings and different events like that. So 90% of our interaction with them is watching them preach. This is why we elect great preachers most of the time. I could, however, name some outstanding preachers that have done an incredibly sub-par job of leading our denomination - in my opinion.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/10/15 1:16 pm

Post BromptonFalls
I agree with Clint wholeheartedly. Someone's giftedness to preach doesn't endorse (nor negate) their gifting for administration.

So Clint, from your perspective... Who are some of our denominations best leaders suited to lead from the Executive Committee, Youth Department, and World Missions?
12/10/15 4:01 pm

Post Preaching & Leading Restorationman
Thank the lord at this present time and in this next assembly period we will have an opportunity to look at several who are gifted in both areas. However, Dr. Tim Hill fits the bill for both and has done well at every level in our movement! Also, its refreshing to see his Kingdom vision work in and out of our Movement! Also, he can really identify with Pastors and the Local Church! I feel if we pray God can assist us in this process and we can find the right alignment for this strategic time in our Movement! Friendly Face
12/10/15 4:38 pm

Post Preaching doesn't hurt, but it can't be the most important! JimmieDavis
There's actually a great difference between administrating and leading. Also, management and administrating is not the same leading and creating. I agree with caveator regarding Tim hill. From a distance it appears he's able to do both. One could ask world missions folk to verify the claim. We don't need administrators and managers in top positions. We need leaders. Friendly Face
12/10/15 4:49 pm

Post StandardAnswer
TH has exemplified leadership to a department facing economic crises due to the tithe cut. Beginning with the Assembly when almost 3/4 of a million dollars was raised to eliminate the missionary deficit. Marcelly's Dream, Israel Initiative, Year of the Missionary and more are testimonies of creativity. The website, social media and the monthly reports in the Evangel are further testimonies of the new approach he and John Childers have brought to World Missions. The financial department in Missions announced this week that almost 2.4 million dollars more in overall income has come in during the first three years of the TH administration than the previous three years prior to his administration. That is really amazing in light of the fact that the bulk of the tithe cut has happened during Hill's administration. Member
12/10/15 5:58 pm

Post bonnie knox
I wonder why Tim Hill's supporters use pen names. Confused [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/10/15 8:05 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Dr Fred Garmon Acts-pert Poster
12/10/15 8:34 pm

Post diakoneo
bonnie knox wrote:
I wonder why Tim Hill's supporters use pen names. Confused

yeah their are a couple in particular...

You know..... Twisted Evil

Last edited by diakoneo on 1/12/16 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/10/15 10:10 pm

Post Preaching & Leading Restorationman
Standard Answer, Spot on Friendly Face
12/11/15 3:02 pm

Post Lots of great ones.... spartanfan
we have lots of great men of God available to serve - many formerly with EC experience and lots of Council of 18 guys who have served faithfully and in an exemplary fashion as they led some of our largest states as the overseer. There is no shortage of great men available so it should be a great assembly. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
12/21/15 10:20 pm

Post Brandon Bohannon
bonnie knox wrote:
I wonder why Tim Hill's supporters use pen names. Confused
I am a supporter of Tim Hill for GO and I do not have or use a pen name. I briefly did have an Actscelerate account under the name of Winnifredthewoebegone. I don't know the email or password to the account. I created the name on the old site while a youth pastor in New Jersey when someone using a pen name created a thread verbally attacking my then senior pastor on a personal level for sentiments that dated 30+ years earlier when they were teenagers. It was ridiculous.

I used it again to advertise our fall revival in Georgia for my then senior pastor while serving as his youth pastor. I don't look down on pen names though I now no longer use one... Unless it is used to attack and denigrate another's character and/or reputation.

I don't personally have a problem saying who I will support or consider supporting. I don't have a problem with someone saying who they won't vote for. I've never been under any illusion that any vote regarding me has been 100% unanimous. Anyone with a smidge of common sense has to know that there are those who will not vote for them.

I do not know Bro. Stephens on a personal level. I've interacted with him on social media and he seems very humble and gracious. I've never heard him preach--I guess, but I find the comments leveled against his preaching to be insulting, arrogant and over-the-line. I've been speaking publicly the Gospel for roughly 16 years. Some have said that I am not great at it. They're probably correct. Thankfully they're not my Master. We have enough enemies and battles without having to defend ourselves from and against each other. My request: please weigh your words when discussing and describing a brother. It is by our love one for another that will all men know that we are His disciples. Be blessed brothers and sisters!
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
1/11/16 6:26 pm

Post Re: A few minor adjustments 2ndgeneration
BromptonFalls wrote:
(First, let me chime in and say, "Poor form devildisturber!" That type of post should be prohibited)

Here is an updated list of predictions:

GO - Hill
1st Asst - Culpepper
2nd Asst - Propes
3rd Asst - Childers
Sec Gen - Stephens

Youth - Blair
Asst Youth - Bailey

World Missions - Griffis
Asst World Missions - Ramirez

It's been a while since I have checked in here and was looking at this thread. I like your prediction here. Not necessarily quite in this order but very close. Great men and leaders here.
Acts Enthusiast
1/11/16 10:29 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
How much does the fraud that happened at Headquarters hurt those who were in position at the time? Is there a perception that they should have known? Is this a legitimate question to be considered? Acts-pert Poster
1/13/16 6:18 pm

Post diakoneo
Eddie Robbins wrote:
How much does the fraud that happened at Headquarters hurt those who were in position at the time? Is there a perception that they should have known? Is this a legitimate question to be considered?

I think you bring up a good question. I doubt if many ordained ministers have given it much thought
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/13/16 7:06 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
Eddie Robbins wrote:
How much does the fraud that happened at Headquarters hurt those who were in position at the time? Is there a perception that they should have known? Is this a legitimate question to be considered?

Jesus was stolen from also.
1/14/16 10:29 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:

It ought to be.

Still seems pretty quiet at HQ for 1 million dollars to have gone missing. We ought to be getting monthly updates on the restoration of that money - or admit that 500,000 will never be seen again - except in Carter's memories of the fun he had with it.
1/14/16 10:35 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Jesus was stolen from also.

and they crucified Him.
Acts-pert Poster
1/15/16 8:46 am

Post Kyle Morrow
They didnt crucify him on the grounds of him losing money to Judas. They crucified him because they found him guilty of blasphemy. My point is that not every person or organization who is a victim of fraud is at fault. Everyone is capable of getting ripped off. How many people are victims of identity theft?
1/15/16 11:39 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Keep in mind, I am only asking if all of that will hurt those who were in office at the time. I am not suggesting that it does, only asking. I love each one of those members who were in office at the time. Acts-pert Poster
1/15/16 5:18 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
Tom if i remember correctly, it was mentioned that the 2014 Assembly was a great deal less expensive than 2012. I'm sure there were legal reasons they could not go into detail.
1/15/16 11:40 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic