Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

General Assembly 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post EC 2016 Revised
Tim Hill
Raymond Culpepper
John Childers
Tommy Propes
J. Stephens
Hey, DOC
6/9/15 9:13 am

Post Chatter BromptonFalls
GO - Hill
1st Asst - Stephens
2nd Asst - Culpepper
3rd Asst - Propes
Sec Gen - Isaacs

Youth - Blair
Asst Youth - Bailey

World Missions - Childers
Asst World Missions - Griffis

Sibley to retire?
Williams to somewhere in Education?

"What are you hearing?"
6/15/15 10:04 am

Post Brompton Falls JimmieDavis
GO-Hill yes

1st-Stephens no

2nd-Culpepper yes

3rd-Propes no

Sec Gen-Isaacs no

Childers may ride Hill's coat into committee. The only way he will get on.
Tom Madden has momentum.
Chris Moody has momentum
Tony Stewart will be chairman of council of 18
Friendly Face
6/15/15 10:35 am

Post If I was speculating cogalltheway
And I am purely speculating-

I would guess that Pastor M would leave the NC church and go to a position in WM. That would open NC for MW to pastor there until he's eligible to"go back on"

Also, Im not sure that TP is a lock for the top 5. He has rubbed some people the wrong way saying things about him being the highest paid official in the room and taking offerings in a distasteful way.

i could be wrong since this is speculation
Friendly Face
6/15/15 10:39 am

Post Kyle Morrow
Cogalltheway,

You are wrong and that is complete speculation. First, MW will not go to pastor. If I were to guess, his next stop will be Pente costal Theological Seminary. As far as TP, you must be referring to someone totally different than any TP that I know. The one I know that serves in Cleveland is one of the most genuine, down to earth men I have met. I don't know what distasteful way he took up an offering. Perhaps you Gould elaborate since I'm certain you were in the room and are not going by heresay. And the comment about being the highest paid in the room was taken completely out of context. I have heard expressing such as "above my paygrade" and such before, and that is the meaning of such comment. It wasn't made in a haughty way at all.
6/15/15 1:33 pm

Post SouthGeorgiaBoy
FellowSoldier wrote:
SouthGeorgiaBoy wrote:
FellowSoldier wrote:
SouthGeorgiaBoy wrote:
FellowSoldier wrote:
Does it really matter? Will it affect the church? Is it just time to rotate the musical chairs? And I hate to ask but; wouldn't the money we spend on rotating them chairs, and sneaking off to Sea World, Disney World and who knows where else while we should be in the meetings better be spent for the Kingdom on the missions field? Have fun guys! I think I will save my church the money!

Maybe your church members feel the same way about the way you do things in your local church. Maybe they can find something better to do when you have special events and services. You reap what you sow.

My church members have a real say in what we do, and we try and focus on what benefits the kingdom, not the church or political system. Can someone tell me what great kingdom shaking event took place in 2014? Sorry I wasn't there, but we took the money that we would have spent going and put it in a Central American mission effort. Only about a thousand people saved and hundreds filled with the Spirit. I understand how that pales in comparison to some of those powerful resolutions that were passed.

I'm sure they do. Oh I love how pious you are. I guess all of us who attend are not doing anything for the Kingdom. It's called being faithful to larger church than just where you are. Who appointed you to where you serve? If and when you decide you are finished there I guess you will want someone to help you get another appointment at a different location. Folk like you always condone in themselves what they condemn in others.

Your a funny guy Georgia... a little pious yourself though... Rolling Eyes When I leave where I am I will do what I always have, trust the Lord. Never have asked for an appointment, probably because my 30 years of pastoring has been done in 2 churches, so moving has always been a God thing. And based on that record I think I have at least a limited understanding of being faithful. I also believe in being a good steward over God's house and until some things change where the GA is concerned, I will not be attending because I feel it is a waste of resources for the return. Maybe you can enlighten me about all the benefits to the KINGDOM OF GOD that come out of the GA. If you can, I promise I will be there. All I see is a religious exercise, full of politics, where half those who are supposed to be there spend days elsewhere, then go home and tell their congregations how exhausted they are from all the hard work.

As for excusing myself, you don't know me! I confess, I'm a mess, I am opinionated, my mouth gets me in more trouble than I can get out of most days, I fail about every day of my life in one way or another, I would not want to be my overseer and have to deal with me. But one thing for sure anyone that really knows me would laugh if you described me as either pious or religious.

Sorry I haven't responded before now. I have been busy doing Kingdom work. Laughing You are correct, I do not know you. However, all I have to go by are the words and comments that you post. And, they come across as arrogant and downright condescending. I think that your last statement about yourself is really sad. I would hope that I would be a blessing and support to my overseer as I hope those I pastor would be to me. But that is something you have to live with, not me. I guess I may be sounding judgmental too and for that I do deeply apologize. Seriously!!!
Acts Enthusiast
6/15/15 1:54 pm

Post Re: EC 2016 SouthGeorgiaBoy
Revised wrote:
Tim Hill
Raymond Culpepper
John Childers
Tommy Propes
J. Stephens

I agree with all five of the names you have listed. Maybe in a little different order on some. Smile
Acts Enthusiast
6/15/15 1:56 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Are y'all going to vote on these guys?

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/15/15 2:07 pm

Post Brandon Bohannon
sheepdogandy wrote:
Are y'all going to vote on these guys?

If the Lord tarries and wills, I intend to be there and vote. Very Happy
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
6/15/15 3:06 pm

Post Re: If I was speculating roughridercog
cogalltheway wrote:
And I am purely speculating-

I would guess that Pastor M would leave the NC church and go to a position in WM. That would open NC for MW to pastor there until he's eligible to"go back on"

Also, Im not sure that TP is a lock for the top 5. He has rubbed some people the wrong way saying things about him being the highest paid official in the room and taking offerings in a distasteful way.

i could be wrong since this is speculation

Speculation? Gossip?
or

Smile

As I understand it, the offering in question was for retired minister and the statement was that he was the "highest pay grade" which was entirely possible. "Rubbed people the wrong way?" If that's happening, maybe he's doing something right that people don't like.
6/15/15 3:17 pm

Post deleted mytwocents
deleted Acts-celerater
6/15/15 7:30 pm

Post why wayne
Tim Hill? Acts Enthusiast
6/16/15 8:35 am

Post specualtion cogalltheway
it is complete speculation. Thats why I wrote in my post "this is speculation"

I wasn't attacking the integrity of those men. I was simply conveying a perception of their unpredictable future in leadership based on a select sampling of opinions of the constituents who vote for their positions. It was... speculation.

The word speculation comes from the Latin speculatus meaning "to look". It's where we get the word spectacles. Speculation is intelligent contemplation or consideration. I would argue that the majority of the information on this board is...speculation.

Here's more... speculation- Kyle Morrow rushes to the defense of TP because he got to know him better when Kyle and TP's son were in an exclusive fraternity clique in college. When one views Kyle's passionate rebuttal to anything involving TP and "intelligently considers" the fact that TP and Kyle's son have a longstanding friendship, it could be a plausible explanation. But one can't really know so its just... speculation

Now, thats just a guess. Maybe Kyle and TP never had a conversation. Maybe Kyle just admires him from a far. Its not a fact, not provable, its a theory, it is in essence... speculation.

Like it or not, perception is reality in many cases regarding ministry. If you are perceived one way, then people view your leadership, hear your preaching and interpret your decisions through that lens of perception. We are all in some sense victims of and contributors to ... speculation.
Friendly Face
6/16/15 10:21 am

Post Kyle Morrow
Cogalltheway,

You obviously know a lot about me, but I don't recall ever meeting anyone named cogalltheway. If by exclusive fraternity clique, you mean Upsilon Xi, the oldest service club at Lee University, yes Matthew and I were in together. However, I do not know Bishop M. Thomas Propes from there. I have in fact met him on several occasions. The first time I met him he was an overseer visiting Lee at Homecoming, he went out oh his way to speak to me, a Lee student. I met him later at an MIP Comissioning. I also got to spend some time with him and Sister Laquita when they visited our camp meeting.

While it is true that Matt and I do have a longstanding friendship, my relationships and respect for Bishop Propes does not originate from knowing his son. Sir, what you call speculation I call gossip and slander. How anyone can hide behind an alias and question the integrity and character of another brother is beyond me.
6/16/15 1:40 pm

Post Re: specualtion Nature Boy Florida
cogalltheway wrote:

Here's more... speculation- Kyle Morrow rushes to the defense of TP because he got to know him better when Kyle and TP's son were in an exclusive fraternity clique in college. When one views Kyle's passionate rebuttal to anything involving TP and "intelligently considers" the fact that TP and Kyle's son have a longstanding friendship, it could be a plausible explanation. But one can't really know so its just... speculation

Cogalltheway.

No sense disparaging Upsilon Xi. The last three overseers are all Uxi men...the latest one accepting membership 30 years after he was originally going to be inducted. Based on that track record, why would that be a negative?
6/16/15 2:21 pm

Post wasn't being negative cogalltheway
kyle I wasn't disparaging anyone. I simply offered an alternative point of view about the top 5 elected officials and gave the basis for that point of view. I haven't questioned anyones integrity or motives. I only brought to light what some have discussed off this board as possible hinderances to the projected election results.

As far as then boys club at lee, it is interesting that you describe it as a service club. Its also interesting you would get all worked up about someone voicing their opinion about elected officials when thats exactly what the boys club does don't they? They talk about people's character and then vote on whether or not they think this person should be allowed to be accepted in their club.

lastly, maybe you Have met me. maybe Its a Case where we're closer than you really thinK we are. maybe I'd run One foR You and maybe you know what that means.
Friendly Face
6/16/15 2:31 pm

Post bigchurchmouse
That last paragraph was quite interesting. Hmmmmmm Did you check out the capital letters, Kyle?

Last edited by bigchurchmouse on 6/17/15 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
6/16/15 4:58 pm

Post Re: wasn't being negative Kyle Morrow
cogalltheway wrote:

lastly, maybe you Have met me. maybe Its a Case where we're closer than you really thinK we are. maybe I'd run One foR You and maybe you know what that means.

Well if you do know what that means why don't you run one for all of us and not speak on instances when you were not there.
6/16/15 6:18 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
It really is incredible to throw out a negative against a brother in Christ, a leader in your church and say that it was just speculation. An apology is due Bro Propes, not just here, but a call to him. Somewhere I read that we are to go to the person. Acts-pert Poster
6/16/15 9:24 pm

Post SouthGeorgiaBoy
Eddie Robbins wrote:
It really is incredible to throw out a negative against a brother in Christ, a leader in your church and say that it was just speculation. An apology is due Bro Propes, not just here, but a call to him. Somewhere I read that we are to go to the person.

Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up
Acts Enthusiast
6/17/15 10:04 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic