Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Will believers who don't tithe go to heaven?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Will believers who don't tithe go to heaven? doyle
Your opinion is...
5/19/14 1:17 am

Post Re: Will believers who don't tithe go to heaven? Old Time Country Preacher
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (NIV), Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Seems like I read sommers that folk that don't pay tithes is robbin God. I think a robber is the same as a thief.
Acts-pert Poster
5/19/14 1:28 am

Post In a word JLarry
YES!

They will not receive blessings tithers do while on earth but that will not prevent them from going to heaven.

I have heard one cannot go in the rapture without the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, you know the kind when you speak in tongues. This is also false teaching.

I tell folks I don't want to go across the street without the Baptism of the Holy Spirit but I do not tell them they cannot go to heaven.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
5/19/14 5:50 am

Post Poimen
Believers go with Jesus when He returns, period. Wink Very Happy

Singing: "Let us then be true and faithful -- trusting, serving, everyday. Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay."
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/19/14 7:40 am

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post philunderwood
So, in the gist of recent conversations here, there ARE things that are OT commanded, and/or NT referenced, as direct demands/commands, not necessary to follow in order to get to heaven?

Can we begin to have a Council of Understanding that delineates permissible and non-permissible "sins?" Some of you (I am not near good enough to participate in this) are keen to this kind of thing. What can we "do" or "not do" that are Biblical commands and still get to heaven when all is said and done?

Any takers?

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
5/19/14 10:06 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
If we take the New Testament as the primary authority for doctrine and practice, we must concede that tithing is nowhere taught as a condition of salvation under the New Covenant.

Interestingly enough, I recently heard a CoG evangelist preach that anyone who doesn't read their Bible every day won't make the rapture. While I agree that reading and studying the Bible regularly and often ought to be something every Christian wants to do, I find no basis in the Bible itself for the notion that one must read the Bible every single day, without fail, or else one is not saved (ready to go in the rapture).

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 5/19/14 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/19/14 10:14 am

Post Poimen
Phil, I have been away awhile ... more or less. I'm not sure what I missed. But why do I get the impression I stepped into the middle of something here?!?! Shocked

Singing: "Let us then be true and faithful -- trusting, serving, everyday. Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay."
5/19/14 10:15 am

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. Randy Johnson
A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

This applies to giving and numerous other topics. We would do well to pay heed to it.

Even though "tithing" may not be a requirement; giving generously, cheerfully, and without compulsion certainly is recommended.
Ickesburg, Pennsylvania
5/19/14 11:08 am

Post Re: Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. Old Time Country Preacher
Randy Johnson wrote:
Even though "tithing" may not be a requirement; giving generously, cheerfully, and without compulsion certainly is recommended.

But a recommendation aint a mandate.
Acts-pert Poster
5/19/14 11:22 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Interestingly enough, I recently heard a CoG evangelist preach that anyone who doesn't read their Bible every day won't make the rapture. While I agree that reading and studying the Bible regularly and often ought to be something every Christian wants to do, I find no basis in the Bible itself for the notion that one must read the Bible every single day, without fail, or else one is not saved (ready to go in the rapture).

Wow. Don't know who this is, but I'm pretty confident at least a day has gone by in which he hasn't read his Bible. Daily Bible reading is a very high priority for me, but there are still rare days when your schedule/planning/energy level doesn't allow for it, at least for me. What a silly thing to lay out as a requirement for being saved.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/19/14 11:59 am

Post JLarry
Quote:

Wow. Don't know who this is, but I'm pretty confident at least a day has gone by in which he hasn't read his Bible. Daily Bible reading is a very high priority for me, but there are still rare days when your schedule/planning/energy level doesn't allow for it, at least for me. What a silly thing to lay out as a requirement for being saved.

That Evangelist would be corrected in my church and that would be his last sermon at my church. No place for such stupidity.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
5/19/14 12:05 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
philunderwood wrote:
So, in the gist of recent conversations here, there ARE things that are OT commanded, and/or NT referenced, as direct demands/commands, not necessary to follow in order to get to heaven?

Can we begin to have a Council of Understanding that delineates permissible and non-permissible "sins?" Some of you (I am not near good enough to participate in this) are keen to this kind of thing. What can we "do" or "not do" that are Biblical commands and still get to heaven when all is said and done?

Any takers?

Anything in the NT that Jesus says is required - and you practice doing the opposite - will be proof that you are not a Christian.

Which probably means you aren't going to heaven.

In this instance - give me the chapter and verse that Jesus said it was required in the New Covenant? I am having trouble locating it.
5/19/14 12:07 pm

Post bigchurchmouse
If that Evangelist reads his Bible every day he should know better than that. There are many reasons some Christians don't read their Bible every day including poor eyesight. Someone should have asked him privately on what scripture he was basing that statement. Golf Cart Mafia Capo
5/19/14 12:30 pm

Post philunderwood
Quote:
Anything in the NT that Jesus says is required - and you practice doing the opposite - will be proof that you are not a Christian.

Which probably means you aren't going to heaven.

Yes, let's make a list.

Poimen,
I think our discussion is not new here, but the most recent outbreak centered around the question 'Can righteous works, or lack of them, get you into or out of, heaven?' Or, said another way, "If, after becoming a believer, you are in a habit of sinning (no matter the level of such) does it prove you are disqualified from eternity with the Lord?"

Can a practicing liar die without repentance and go to heaven?
Can a practicing adulterer die in the act and go to heaven?
Can a toxic, self-centered, cursing pastor stay the same and go to heaven?

These are some questions that arise when I look in. Mine are elementary, foolish and laughable, but when we attempt to make these designations we have to ask these questions.

What I wonder is this... Are there better questions?

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
5/19/14 1:16 pm

Post Re: Will believers who don't tithe go to heaven? c6thplayer1
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (NIV), Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Seems like I read sommers that folk that don't pay tithes is robbin God. I think a robber is the same as a thief.

read on a little farther OT... "And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God
5/19/14 3:15 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
JLarry wrote:
Quote:

That Evangelist would be corrected in my church and that would be his last sermon at my church. No place for such stupidity.

I have no doubt that the evangelist reads his Bible daily. I consider him a good friend, and I know he practices what he preaches regarding Bible reading.

In the sermon in question, he was exhorting believers along the lines that love for God is impossible without a love for the word of God, just as a young lady in love will read and read again every love letter she receives from her beloved, etc. Then he said many Christians have left the love they first had for the Lord. And then he said that if we love God, we will love God's word, and will daily read it. (All of which was perfectly right to say).

And then is when he used overstatement/hyperbole, saying that people who don't read their Bible every day won't go in the rapture. I had been amening him up to that point. Since I understood the heart of what he was saying was to encourage folks to read their Bibles, I did not take much offense at his statement, though I disagreed with it. I spoke to my congregation after the revival meeting was over, and said that preachers, especially evangelists, are often given to hyperbole, but that I could find nothing in the New Testament to support the idea our dear brother had set forth, that if one didn't read one's Bible every day, one was not right with God and would not go in the rapture.

I have been praying about how to best address it with the evangelist, a brother whom I dearly love, and whom I believe truly is right in his heart but said something which, while meant to stir folks to read their Bible every day (a worthy pursuit if ever there was one), was simply not true to the Scriptures.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 5/20/14 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/19/14 4:32 pm

Post Re: Will believers who don't tithe go to heaven? Resident Skeptic
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:

Don't you think you'd better prove that tithing is Biblical before calling people thieves?
5/20/14 4:48 am

Post Re: Will believers who don't tithe go to heaven? Resident Skeptic
doyle wrote:
Your opinion is...

Maybe the question should be, "will preachers who preach the false doctrine of tithing go to Heaven?"
5/20/14 4:51 am

Post Re: Will believers who don't tithe go to heaven? krista
Resident Skeptic wrote:
doyle wrote:
Your opinion is...

Maybe the question should be, "will preachers who preach the false doctrine of tithing go to Heaven?"

Well, we know who doesn't tithe around here, don't we. Laughing Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
5/20/14 1:46 pm

Post Link
The temple has been destroyed, so how are you going to tithe to the priests? Does everyone just go directly to Hell?

And regarding that other tithe, do all those who don't go to Jerusalem once a year and eat a tithe go to Hell?
5/20/14 1:50 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.