Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Where does the Bible say it is always God's will to heal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post bigchurchmouse
Great post, Mark. You hit it out of the park. Golf Cart Mafia Capo
4/9/14 5:16 pm

Post OTCP... Aaron Scott
You said Jesus won't always heal.

Where in the WORLD did you get that from in the scriptures??? He healed every single person that came to Him!

The truth is that because OUR prayers do not always bring healing, instead of owning that perhaps our faith (or the person's faith) isn't what it needs to be, we say that God didn't want to heal them.

I certainly don't get nearly all my healing prayers answered. That doesn't mean it's God's will to not heal.

The record of scripture is that Jesus healed all that came to Him. ALL.

If you're looking for some way out of that, then instead of looking for verse that clearly states what the scriptures already show us by observation, look for a verse that says that God is NOT willing to heal all that come to Him.

Even if you could find an example, we'd not be NEARLY at the rate that Jesus and the Apostles were at.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/9/14 9:30 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Aaron, I did not say Jesus won't always heal, I said Jesus don't always heal. Physical healing is always dispensed per the sovereign will of God based on what he is desiring to accomplish within a given context. Acts-pert Poster
4/9/14 10:23 pm

Post don't is won't... Aaron Scott
If Jesus does not always heal those who reach Him, then it is equally true that He WILL NOT heal all those who reach Him. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/10/14 4:34 am

Post bradfreeman
Is it always God's will to heal?

God's expressed will is for His kingdom to come and His will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven - otherwise Jesus taught His disciples to pray against God's will. He did not teach His disciples to pray against God's will.

There is no sickness or disease in Heaven. God wants earth to be that way.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
4/10/14 7:03 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
And earth won't be that way until the kingdom comes in its perfection and fullness, when that which is Perfect shall come. Until then, the curse of sin, death, sorrow, and pain still will exist. See Rev. 21. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/10/14 8:00 am

Post bradfreeman
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
And earth won't be that way until the kingdom comes in its perfection and fullness, when that which is Perfect shall come. Until then, the curse of sin, death, sorrow, and pain still will exist. See Rev. 21.

You asked about His will. His will is that we have it "on earth as in Heaven". We are the conduits of His power, His peace, His love, His truth, His righteousness and His joy - His kingdom!

The kingdom has come! It's within us!
We just need access the grace in Christ by faith, to work "out" our salvation, to let the rivers of living water in us flow, to let the light in us shine, to unearth the treasure in our earthen vessels!
Creation is groaning to see us revealed!
The kingdom of God is the finger of God working through us to destroy the works of the devil and put all enemies under His feet.

Luke 11:20 "But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you."

Acts-dicted
4/10/14 8:39 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I agree the kingdom is now, though it has not come in its fullness, completion and perfection yet.

Rev. 22:1 Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, 2in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him; 4they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. 5And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.

Until then, when this corruption puts on incorruption, this mortality puts on immortality, this natural world (including our mortal, corruptible bodies), remains under a curse,
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/10/14 8:54 am

Post JLarry
Quote:
Jn. 10:10 "... but I have come that you may have life and life more abundantly"

In my mind this includes healing.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
4/10/14 9:14 am

Post philunderwood
Y'all ask the wrong questions and argue the wrong angles!!!

First, land on the fact that in God's original intent life and health and wholeness were absolute.

Second, land on the fact that sin's entrance into the world has wreaked all manner of havoc & hell among humanity.

Third, land on the fact that God wants us to be redeemers, healers and restorers.

Finally, go out and preach the gospel to those who are in lack and have loss in their lives. Restore sight to the blind. Heal diseases. Set free. Proclaim Favor!!

To argue about this is petty at best, and rebellious at worse. Just get on the life side and pray, preach, prophesy, and let life happen.

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
4/10/14 9:19 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
What is petty is when someone tries to shut down legitimate discussion by saying it's petty or rebellious to discuss doctrine. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/10/14 9:36 am

Post Here is the answer, Scripture JLarry
Acts 10:38 "You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good, and healing all who were oppressed by the devil; for God was with Him. NASB

Friends I have preached on healing for 5 weeks. Sunday we will have a healing service. I would hate to tell anyone, sorry it is not Gods will to heal some of you. I/we will pray for everyone who comes for healing and will encourage them that it is God's will to heal you.

Acts Mod
4/10/14 9:37 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Larry, what about those who aren't healed? Do you just blame them for not having enough faith, like WoFers typically do?

I would hate to tell someone it was definitely unconditionally God's will to heal them when it wasn't. I sure don't want to lie. God hates all liars.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/10/14 9:54 am

Post bigchurchmouse
The fact remains, Jlarry, that some will likely be healed and many will not. Be prepared to encourage the ones who are disappointed because they used all the faith they had and did not receive healing. The most Godly Christian I have ever known was a dear lady who was in a wheel chair for many years before she passed away. She was prayed for by many pastors and scores of evangelists and other ministers and she was never healed.

Posters on ACTS can spin it from every angle and the fact will remain that God is sovereign and will heal who He will heal. He will give strength to endure suffering for those who are not healed. We all wish there was a formula that would guarantee healings 100% of the time but it just "ain't gonna happen".
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
4/10/14 10:26 am

Post Re: Here is the answer, Scripture Old Time Country Preacher
JLarry wrote:
I/we will pray for everyone who comes for healing and will encourage them that it is God's will to heal you.

This is exactly what you and your church should do, JLarry. Always pray for healing. Then, it must be left in the hands of a God whose ways are higher above our ways than the heavens are above the earth.

You said you would hate to tell someone it isn't God's will. To be honest, I don't like to preach on tithes/money. But since its in the Bible I must.
Acts-pert Poster
4/10/14 11:48 am

Post Bigchurchmouse JLarry
Quote:
The fact remains, Jlarry, that some will likely be healed and many will not. Be prepared to encourage the ones who are disappointed because they used all the faith they had and did not receive healing. The most Godly Christian I have ever known was a dear lady who was in a wheel chair for many years before she passed away. She was prayed for by many pastors and scores of evangelists and other ministers and she was never healed.

You bring up a very good point. I will encourage those who are not healed. I will make sure they understand this had nothing to do with whether or not they are GOOD Christians.

Thanks

Acts Mod
4/10/14 11:53 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
bigchurchmouse wrote:
We all wish there was a formula that would guarantee healings 100% of the time but it just "ain't gonna happen".

My goodness, church mouse, son, you done spoke a heap a good truth here.
Acts-pert Poster
4/10/14 11:59 am

Post bradfreeman
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
bigchurchmouse wrote:
We all wish there was a formula that would guarantee healings 100% of the time but it just "ain't gonna happen".

My goodness, church mouse, son, you done spoke a heap a good truth here.

You say it "ain't gonna happen" is a "heap a good truth". Wow.

It might be a heap of life experiences and circumstances.

Here's a heap a good Truth:

1 Pet. 2:24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness--by whose stripes you were healed.

Mat. 8:16 When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, 17 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: "He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses."

Do you smile and enjoy this truth?
Or do you go to war with it, start watering it down or ignore it because it doesn't line up with your experience?

Stop letting the temporal dictate your faith in the eternal.

Acts-dicted
4/10/14 1:01 pm

Post Re: OTCP... W. Ray Williams
Aaron Scott wrote:
It surely is as "guaranteed" as salvation in the atonement. There is no reason to suspect that the atonement will provide salvation, but not healing, right?

Can you demonstrate any clear NT example of someone not being healed by Jesus or the disciples (and Paul's thorn doesn't count, for it was not necessarily a physical matter)?

Aaron,

Why does the healing require a physical ailment? Is God's healing limited to the physical. Can we not expect healing for mental, emotional and spiritual sickness just as much as physical healing? If so, then Paul's "thorn" is just a much a valid point to argue as any other.

I tend to believe that healing is not limited by the physical realm and reaches into the emotional, spiritual and mental.

Ray
Acts-celerater
4/10/14 2:07 pm

Post Re: OTCP... bradfreeman
W. Ray Williams wrote:
Aaron,

Why does the healing require a physical ailment? Is God's healing limited to the physical. Can we not expect healing for mental, emotional and spiritual sickness just as much as physical healing? If so, then Paul's "thorn" is just a much a valid point to argue as any other.

I tend to believe that healing is not limited by the physical realm and reaches into the emotional, spiritual and mental.

Paul's thorn wasn't mental illness. It was persecution.
No one's struggle with infirmity is proof that God doesn't want them well.
As for mental illness, it was provided for in the atonement.

Acts-dicted
4/10/14 2:16 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.