Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why cannot an individual be saved after death?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Question to Dr Duck Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
Aw come on OTCP, there was a time when EVERY COG preacher was called 'DOC', you now that, and at that time there was probably only 10-15 real ones in the COG. Embarassed

True dat, cojak. But them fellers didn't go round signin their name "Dr" or havin it put on their websites, letterheads, an all Embarassed
Acts-pert Poster
11/30/13 8:31 pm

DrDuck wrote:
I do have an earned Masters from the COG Seminary. I do think you are a very much overly concerned with honorary doctorates. There are those who, (in some cases yes and in others no) may have displayed some quality in life, other than study of books, that deemed them worthy of recognition for accomplishments of merit. Some honorary doctorates are truly deserved high honors.

Fergive the ol timer, Duck, hey, the neutrons aint farrin like they use to so I don't remember. But, that said an all, OTCP is real proud of ya fer earnin the masters degree from air very own SACS/ATS accredited seminary. Wink

But no honery doctorate warrants folk usin the title dr., cause they aint one. Embarassed
Acts-pert Poster
11/30/13 8:51 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Hey, Dr, son, if ya don't mind the ole timer's query an all, where did ya earn at "Dr" at?

Is the school accredited by a agency recognized by CHEA an the USDoE?

This isn't the least bit relevant to the thread -- in the interest of keeping threads on topic, would you please ask future questions of this nature either in a PM or in a new thread. Thanks.

Sorry, Dave. Didn't mean to do no hijackin.
Acts-pert Poster
11/30/13 8:55 pm

Post I shared Scriptures with you .. Rafael D Martinez
caseyleejones wrote:
"Not only would an after death opportunity free men from the deception of Satan, but it would also allow for the gospel to be presented without passing through the flawed and tainted character of men. "

....and it would seem that we cannot refute that from scripture...or at least nobody has up to this point.

IF you are wanting sound Biblical teaching, read them. It's not what I say or what dogma I cling to -- it's just God's word.

You seem to be studiously ignoring them here.

You and brad both had rough religious upbringings and now, in your middle age, you are rethinking what "tradition" you think you were beaten over the head with - and aren't really appreciating what sound Biblical truth you have heard about this topic. I think you and brad just don't like what Scripture is implying .. and are trying to argue around the consequences they bring.

That's a far deeper and different issue, but God's Word is still true.

You don't get a Second Chance after you die. You are resurrected to life or to damnation after judgment. I fail to grasp why that is so hard to understand .. or appreciate it's not some old dead "theology" but the plain Bible truth you are dismissing.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
12/2/13 1:07 am

Post Rafael... Aaron Scott
It must be understood that no one is speaking of a SECOND chance. We are talking about a FIRST chance.

While you and many others seem to be quite taken with the belief that there is clearly no opportunity after death to receive Christ, I would ask why Jesus apparently went and preached to the dead.

Moreover, there is no clear scripture for your absolute stance. The point is that the matter IS open to some conjecture. The scriptures neither prohibit it nor proclaim it. Some of us simply think that it must be what happens for those who lived as righteously as they knew to live, but never heard of Jesus.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/2/13 8:51 am

Post Rafael Change Agent
You seem to just ignore Brads post but yet you want to blast him. Why not address the scriptures he posts so that we all may learn. I find that Brad being different from most on here is a fresh wind that needs to be listened to for some amount of truth. If you listen to only one view or the official COG view you could just be wrong.

Brad gave scriptures. You give us your understanding of them.
Acts Enthusiast
12/2/13 9:44 am

Post Re: Rafael Rafael D Martinez
Change Agent wrote:
You seem to just ignore Brads post but yet you want to blast him. Why not address the scriptures he posts so that we all may learn. I find that Brad being different from most on here is a fresh wind that needs to be listened to for some amount of truth. If you listen to only one view or the official COG view you could just be wrong.

Brad gave scriptures. You give us your understanding of them.

Well, CA, Im not here to blast anyone. But I've given what the Scripture says about the OP's question. When Brad gives us his understanding of what those say, I can pick up your invitation to dialogue some more.

What's your take on them?

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
12/2/13 6:25 pm

Post Re: Why? The Bible tells you so. bradfreeman
Rafael D Martinez wrote:
Heb 9:27

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

This passage does not exclude the proposition in the OP.

Quote:
Revelation 20:12

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Again, I didn't understand the OP to be saying there won't be a judgment. It only asked there could be an opportunity after death.

[quote]John 5:25-29

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth
; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.[quote]

There are a lot of scriptures concerning judgment. But I don't understand the OP to be saying there won't be judgment. In fact, verse 25 could be interpreted that the hour "now is" when the dead will hear His voice and live. While most would interpret this passage to mean the unregenerate become born again, the passage doesn't really refute the OP.

Quote:
Revelation 20:15

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Pretty self explanatory.

These passages are self-explanatory...the order of things is life, death, resurrection, judgment. The OP simply asks -at what point during this continuum is the opportunity for salvation withdrawn? None of the passages you cited states this with certainty.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/

Last edited by bradfreeman on 12/3/13 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
12/3/13 7:22 am

Post Re: Rafael bradfreeman
Rafael D Martinez wrote:
Well, CA, Im not here to blast anyone.

Laughing

Quote:
But I've given what the Scripture says about the OP's question. When Brad gives us his understanding of what those say, I can pick up your invitation to dialogue some more.

As I indicated, the scriptures you posted clearly say that the continuum of existence is: Life...death...resurrection...judgment.

The scriptures you posted don't say at what point the opportunity for salvation is withdrawn. I did post some scriptures that may indicate that at least some of the dead had an opportunity to hear the voice of the Son of God and live.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
12/3/13 7:29 am

Post Re: Rafael Resident Skeptic
bradfreeman wrote:
Rafael D Martinez wrote:
Well, CA, Im not here to blast anyone.

Laughing

Quote:
But I've given what the Scripture says about the OP's question. When Brad gives us his understanding of what those say, I can pick up your invitation to dialogue some more.

As I indicated, the scriptures you posted clearly say that the continuum of existence is: Life...death...resurrection...judgment.

The scriptures you posted don't say at what point the opportunity for salvation is withdrawn. I did post some scriptures that may indicate that at least some of the dead had an opportunity to hear the voice of the Son of God and live.

One cannot be born again without a physical body for the Spirit to dwell in.
12/9/13 7:42 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.