Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I Will Purge My Pulpits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I got the impression that Mike was saying something similar to the idea that the husband is "the priest of his house,"

That's not theologically sound either ... but that's another thread.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/9/13 8:34 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
I got the impression that Mike was saying something similar to the idea that the husband is "the priest of his house,"

That's not theologically sound either ... but that's another thread.

Yes, I meant to say I haven't been able to find any scriptural basis for that idea, either. But my point was I didn't get the feeling that Mike was saying a pastor was THE universal high priest like Jesus is.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/9/13 8:42 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
But my point was I didn't get the feeling that Mike was saying a pastor was THE universal high priest like Jesus is.

A pastor is not a high priest. Jesus is our only High Priest. All believers are members of the priesthood.
Terminology matters.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/9/13 8:57 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
But my point was I didn't get the feeling that Mike was saying a pastor was THE universal high priest like Jesus is.

A pastor is not a high priest. Jesus is our only High Priest. All believers are members of the priesthood.
Terminology matters.

I agree the pastor is not the high priest. I was not agreeing with Mike's usage of that term. I was simply trying to understand where Mike was coming from, and why he would use that kind of terminology. I believe he simply meant to use the term in the sense of "spiritual leader," based on the (admittedly) mistaken concept of the husband being the high priest of his house.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 9/9/13 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/9/13 9:01 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I was simply trying to understand where Mike was coming from, and why he would use that kind of terminology.

Of course, the elephant in the room is why he would use that kind of terminology if the word is from God.

One generous proposal was that it was mere a reflection of human fallibility, not that the message itself was wrong.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/9/13 9:04 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
As Nick rightly pointed out, there is always a human element in any purported word of prophecy.

Do we say people who use King James English to prophesy or interpret are false prophets because they are speaking from their own firm belief that God speaks in King James English?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/9/13 9:07 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I believe he simply meant to use the term in the sense of "spiritual leader," based on the (admittedly) mistaken concept of the husband being the high priest of his house.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/9/13 9:08 am

Post bonnie knox
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
As Nick rightly pointed out, there is always a human element in any purported word of prophecy.

But he went on to say this detail was not inconsequential. It was an important enough matter for him to judge the whole "prophecy" by (if I am understanding Nick's post correctly).
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/9/13 9:13 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Okay then. Mike is a false prophet according to you, right?

I say he was simply speaking from his own (mistaken) point of view, and leave open the possibility that his heart was right even if he was mistaken in some of his presuppositions. I don't hold to contemporary prophetic infallibility or prophetic inerrancy.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/9/13 9:23 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:

Whom are you addressing, Quiet Wyatt? Who has called Mike a false prophet?
Why try to put words in someone's mouth?
I have come across websites that say, for example, Preacher XYZ claimed to give a word from the Lord, the word was not perfectly sound, therefore Preacher XYZ is a false prophet or heretic who cannot be listened to. I am not of that persuasion at all. I'm of the persuasion that people who are believers sometimes miss it when trying to prophesy, but I don't throw a blanket label over them and say they are a "false prophet."
Exclamation
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/9/13 10:41 am

Post bonnie knox
caseyleejones wrote:
Lastly, unless I am missing something, he has pretty much hit and run here. It would be nice that instead of ducking and running, come and be accountable for what is said and answer some question posed to him.

Something was revealed to him that sitteth by, so the first speaker has held his peace. Cool
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/9/13 10:52 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

Whom are you addressing, Quiet Wyatt? Who has called Mike a false prophet?
Why try to put words in someone's mouth?
I have come across websites that say, for example, Preacher XYZ claimed to give a word from the Lord, the word was not perfectly sound, therefore Preacher XYZ is a false prophet or heretic who cannot be listened to. I am not of that persuasion at all. I'm of the persuasion that people who are believers sometimes miss it when trying to prophesy, but I don't throw a blanket label over them and say they are a "false prophet."
:!:

Note the question mark at the end of my sentence which you quoted. I asked the question because it seemed to me that you were definitely taking an all-or-nothing approach to this. I think it takes more than one mistaken word or statement in a prophecy to make one a false prophet.

Perhaps I can rephrase. In your view, does a word of prophecy under the New Covenant have to be 100% accurate in every detail in order to be from the Lord?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/9/13 10:58 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
In your view, does a word of prophecy under the New Covenant have to be 100% accurate in every detail in order to be from the Lord?

The Lord doesn't make mistakes; people do. I do think it would be possible for a person to have a message from the Lord and give most of the message accurately and inject some of his (the person giving the prophecy) own stuff, too, in which case the part that was accurate would be the part from the Lord.

To the case at hand, there have been several scriptures posted which seem to indicate that rather than God purging pulpits, false teachers may be given access to pulpits because they are teaching what people with itching ears want to hear.

In addition to that, it is quite obvious to me that Mike spoke out of his own frustrations.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/9/13 11:10 am

Post Truman Here Truman Smith
I am not addressing any posts or Authors in what I am posting . not trying to enlighten , correct , or judge any one or their posts .
This is what I thought when I first read Mike's post . Time will tell if it is a Prophecy from God or not . I do think we all can agree on that . Now these verses came to mind when I was thinking about Mike's post ,

1 Peter 4:17-17 For the time is come that judgement must begin at the house of God : and if it first begin at us ,what shall be the end of them that obey not the gospel of God ?

18 , And if the righteous scarcely be saved , where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

19.Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing , as unto a faithful creator .

Mike might have been better served to have just post these verses .

This entire Chapter could go well here . I still am not very versed in PC stuff . What I DON"T KNOW about Computers has and does fill volumes of both books and PCs and all the other stuff that go into putting a PC together . God Bless . T

Edited to add "God Or" and the change the word "me" to " mind"
Acts Enthusiast
9/9/13 12:12 pm

Post All I Will Say Is This.... Rev.Mike Bassemier
Many people have posted concerning the prophecy God spoke through me and I shared it with you here on actscelerate.
I will not argue with any of you...
It's obvious that many of you have a problem of the intent of the prophecy.
All I can say is take it up with God... If you want to pick the words and disect it's meaning then go for it. That's all I've got to say..
Acts-celerater
9/9/13 6:46 pm

Post My observation.... caseyleejones
Rev.Mike Bassemier wrote:
Many people have posted concerning the prophecy God spoke through me and I shared it with you here on actscelerate.
All I can say is take it up with God... If you want to pick the words and disect it's meaning then go for it. That's all I've got to say..

1) The word contradicts scripture.

2) The word is causing confusion.

3) The person speaking the word is not submitting the word for others to judge according the NT. There is no accountability in the speaker.

The NT does allow prophets to miss it. Otherwise, it would not tell the prophets to judge the words given by prophets.

Actually, the elders at our church do talk to individuals that give words to let them know the words spoken will be judged. It creates accountability.
Acts-perienced Poster
9/9/13 7:06 pm

Post Re: My observation.... Rev.Mike Bassemier
caseyleejones wrote:
Rev.Mike Bassemier wrote:

1) The word contradicts scripture.

2) The word is causing confusion.

3) The person speaking the word is not submitting the word for others to judge according the NT. There is no accountability in the speaker.

It's very obvious you don't know who I am. But I promise you I'm very accountable.
You said the word that was spoken contradicts scripture.
Peter refers to the church, that is to all believers, as a " holy priesthood" and " a royal priesthood ". ( 1 Peter 2:5,9). Christians as Gods redeemed are types of priests, in the general sense that we are responsible for bringing men to God through our witness . We are priest...
2. You said it brought confusion. I went back and read it and it makes sence to me. Maybe it's you and your lack of understanding of types in the word of God.
3. You said I was not accountable. I'm an ordained minister with the IPCH and I have 28 years of proven ministry.

The NT does allow prophets to miss it. Otherwise, it would not tell the prophets to judge the words given by prophets.

Actually, the elders at our church do talk to individuals that give words to let them know the words spoken will be judged. It creates accountability.
Acts-celerater
9/9/13 8:31 pm

Post I see you are back.... caseyleejones
I guess you don't know who I am either....

Quote:
I will purge my pulpits because I hold you the high priest of my house responsible for the sheep your leading.

...........unscriptural......

Quote:
Peter refers to the church, that is to all believers, as a " holy priesthood" and " a royal priesthood ". ( 1 Peter 2:5,9). Christians as Gods redeemed are types of priests, in the general sense that we are responsible for bringing men to God through our witness . We are priest...

The pastor is not a high priest. Don't massage scriptural passages to make them fit a word you think is from God.

Also, 28 years in the ministry does not validate a prophetic word. Other Godly men are ones that judge. What Godly men/women are judging this word apart from this message board?

So far, you have not told us who is holding you accountable for this word.
Acts-perienced Poster
9/9/13 9:35 pm

Post Re: I see you are back.... Rev.Mike Bassemier
caseyleejones wrote:
I guess you don't know who I am either....

Quote:
I will purge my pulpits because I hold you the high priest of my house responsible for the sheep your leading.

...........unscriptural......

Quote:

The pastor is not a high priest. Don't massage scriptural passages to make them fit a word you think is from God.

Also, 28 years in the ministry does not validate a prophetic word. Other Godly

men are ones that judge. What Godly men/women are judging this word apart from this message board?

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 1Cor.3:13
God is my judge and as a man of God I will stand before Him and I will give account of my life and ministry . Every thought, every word spoken will come before me on that faithful day.
I wish you the best ...

So far, you have not told us who is holding you accountable for this word.
Acts-celerater
9/10/13 8:25 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Mike, you are posting inside the quote. It is confusing. Acts-pert Poster
9/10/13 10:41 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.