Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

When Overseer won't call you back?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post SouthGeorgiaBoy
bigchurchmouse wrote:
On another thread, someone posted that in the COG a pastor is the employee and the overseer is his boss. I honestly wonder why you would want to work for a man who does show the common courtesy of returning a phone call or text message. Is it even honest to post a voicemail message that says if you will leave your name, number and message the person will return your call if they have no intention of doing so? I am sure he is busy but no one is that busy.

I had a very strict teacher many years ago. Early in the school term a boy did not turn in his homework. When he was asked why, the kid said he did not have time to do it. The teacher asked what he was doing at 3 AM that morning. Of course the kid said he was sleeping. "Why were you sleeping when you had not done your homework" the teacher screamed? It got everybody's attention and, needless to say, everybody found time to do their homework for that class the rest of the year.

I think it is totally unacceptable for anyone in any position to not return phone call. That is good manners and common courtesy 101 in my opinion.

Maybe the overseer could call him back at 3 AM!!! Smile
Acts Enthusiast
7/10/13 6:09 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I honestly wonder why you would want to work for a man who does show the common courtesy of returning a phone call or text message.

If I understand the situation, the overseer who will not return the phone call is in a different state. If you'll notice, the OP says,
Quote:
I have called and text the overseer of my former state to discuss my future and he has refused to call me back.

I think this makes the issue a bit more complicated. In other words, it's not the overseer who is currently his "boss," but the one who would be his "boss" were he to start a church in Louisville (if I've correctly understood).
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/10/13 6:18 pm

Post David Boggs
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
I honestly wonder why you would want to work for a man who does show the common courtesy of returning a phone call or text message.

If I understand the situation, the overseer who will not return the phone call is in a different state. If you'll notice, the OP says,
Quote:
I have called and text the overseer of my former state to discuss my future and he has refused to call me back.

I think this makes the issue a bit more complicated. In other words, it's not the overseer who is currently his "boss," but the one who would be his "boss" were he to start a church in Louisville (if I've correctly understood).

No that's not what I said...

Former overseer did worse than not call me back!

The current overseer has not returned calls or text.
Acts-celerater
7/10/13 6:24 pm

Post bonnie knox
Are you in Kentucky?

(I copied and pasted the quote, btw. so if that's not what you said, I don't know what you said.)
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/10/13 6:26 pm

Post David Boggs
bonnie knox wrote:
Are you in Kentucky?

(I copied and pasted the quote, btw. so if that's not what you said, I don't know what you said.)

The former overseer told the state council I was not cleared to preach and did not do restoration... That was a lie

The new overseer of KY has not returned calls or text
Acts-celerater
7/10/13 6:34 pm

Post bonnie knox
Yes, I understood that. My point was only that you are referencing the Kentucky overseer, but you said your "former state." That implies that you are currently not under the jurisdiction of the Kentucky overseer. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/10/13 6:41 pm

Post David Boggs
bonnie knox wrote:
Yes, I understood that. My point was only that you are referencing the Kentucky overseer, but you said your "former state." That implies that you are currently not under the jurisdiction of the Kentucky overseer.

That is correct

I'm in Tennessee
Acts-celerater
7/10/13 6:43 pm

Post Re: When Overseer won't call you back? Tracy S Hamilton
David Boggs wrote:
I really been evaluating my next step in ministry and have looked at a few options that didn't work out because of my "Story". I can accept that with both understanding and frustration.

One thing that must be considered is pastoring in Louisville which is my hometown. This is a place where the people know me... The good, the bad, and the ugly.

I submitted to a restoration program that seemed to be continually delayed because men in leadership intentionally tried to sabotage the process. One overseer (not current in KY) lied to the state council and told them I didn't even do restoration when in fact I was in the middle of it. There were days I wanted to quit and discussed it several times with those I was submitted too. I was told if you complete this you will be better off for it. So here I am several months after completion glad I did. Why? So my brothers in Christ can feel better about being connected to me in the Church of God.

So now I'm lost for direction... I have called and text the overseer of my former state to discuss my future and he has refused to call me back. Why? I'm not sure because I was told he spoke well of me in council meeting and actually mentioned me starting a church in Louisville and he would be supportive. What changed? I assume the famous saying "someone has his ear" has come to pass.

On a weekly basis I get several emails, calls, & text asking me to please return to pastoring. I always have been mindful of my former church and have been a huge advocate for people to remain there. But the truth is a harvest field is in Louisville and its fair for me to asses the potential of returning there to lead the people who need a shepherd and to reach Lost people God gave me a gift to do.

So what do I do now that I'm "Restored"? What am I really restored too? It seems to me the logical thing to do is pursue the will of God for my life.

If I have asked for a meeting and can't get a simple response do you just move on? Or do you stay on the bench until some overseer is willing to take a chance on you? I been on sideline a long time now and I have a burning desire to return to the frontline of ministry but I seem to be at a crossroad.

To me if God uses me to build another church it would be wise to be covered by those who launched with you? Kinda silly to do it and we bring it in later right?

I'm not angry or upset I just curious of what to do next without being labeled rebellious.

Thanks for any feedback

David,

I don't know you, but I would tell you to simply obey the "voice of God."

If you know His voice, then simply do what He tells you to do. It's that plain and simple. If it is in Louisville, then so be it. If it is not, then so be it. Don't move somewhere else, just because someone says that "it would be best." If it is God, then God is big enough to handle any situation that arises.

Louisville is a big enough city, that you wouldn't be close enough to impact the former church.

Quite simply...... Do what GOD tells you to do.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
7/10/13 8:37 pm

Post bigchurchmouse
I like Tracy's post. While we are trying to figure which AB did not tell the truth and which one will not even bother to return a simple phone call, souls are dying and going to Hell. God sees your heart and knows your intent. You are burning daylight while you wait on a man or men who are not showing concern.

Everyone can offer different advice but only you (and your family) have to live with the consequences of your decision. Therefore, no one should make the decision except you and God.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
7/11/13 7:15 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I assume that David has a heart for his city. I also assume that the Bible is true when it says God gives us the desires of our heart. I can't give him any advice other than that.

Fine.

However, there is more to it than simple desire of the heart.

Man's desires MUST line up with God's will and His Word - or it will be nothing but heartache.

Amen!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/11/13 8:16 am

Post demon hunter
I see a lot of talk about "desires of the heart", but will God always give you the desires of the heart, not sure. I believe that He will give you the desires of your heart when it is in His will to do so. I've desired alot over the years, Laughing , but God knew my heart better than I did so it did not come to fruition.

In Psalms 37 it also speaks of, Commiting everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun. Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. If what you are saying is true, and I have no reason to doubt, it will all work out when it's God's timing.

At the same time we can read also that, "We may think we are doing the right thing, but the LORD always knows what is in our hearts." and "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings."

I pray that you in your prayer time that God speaks to your heart and makes it clear where he wants you, in time if you will, Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
7/11/13 9:20 am

Post David Boggs
My intent of the Post is not really about what God wants me to do...

I know the voice of God and I will yield to his direction.

My point is I wanted to have a conversation with the Overseer concerning me returning to Louisville to start a Church. (For me To Continue what I felt God called me to do there)

That decision is based nothing on people asking but what I feel I should do... My point about people asking was that it brings it back to the fact I have been waiting on an overseer to return my call to discuss potential options.

Im sure he is a "good guy" and people speak highly of him and again I have been told he has complemented me in meetings. However, He has since changed his mind and I can only assume it's because of a few pastors who simply don't like me.

If I decide it's the right thing to do I cannot help if another pastor or church likes it or not. The truth is Pastor and churches will never be happy. If someone leaves another church that isn't my fault and it cannot be considered in the process of a decision to do the thing God called me to do.

The whole thing is confusing and doing the right thing is sometimes the wrong thing to some... who knows?
Acts-celerater
7/11/13 10:15 am

Post Decision has been made wahoo
David...sounds pretty much like your decision has been made and you are going back to Louisville and start a church. That is your decision, worked out with you and God. So...go, start the church, move on, do well. The AB does not have the power to approve or disapprove your decision to be independent so, since he has not replied to your inquiries, go ahead and do what you know you are going to do anyway. Acts-celerater
7/11/13 11:56 am

Post David Boggs
wahoo

no decision has been made
Acts-celerater
7/11/13 12:45 pm

Post just a suggestion bonnie knox
I don't know if you went through your restoration process under the overseer of Tennessee or not, but if you are there now, I would suggest at least asking the overseer of Tennessee if he would contact the Kentucky overseer on your behalf. (Be upfront about having a heart for a work in Louisville.) If you don't get a positive response, you'll be back to where you are right now, but I'm thinking that might be the first channel to try. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/11/13 12:56 pm

Post Re: just a suggestion Eduardo Nieves
That is great advice and wisdom. Thumb Up

bonnie knox wrote:
I don't know if you went through your restoration process under the overseer of Tennessee or not, but if you are there now, I would suggest at least asking the overseer of Tennessee if he would contact the Kentucky overseer on your behalf. (Be upfront about having a heart for a work in Louisville.) If you don't get a positive response, you'll be back to where you are right now, but I'm thinking that might be the first channel to try.

Romanos 8:37
37 Sin embargo, en todo esto somos más que vencedores por medio de aquel que nos amó.

"A Church Without Walls, A Place for All People"
El Nuevo Mana
Eduardo Nieves
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/11/13 1:40 pm

Post Cojak
What Bonnie said........ AND if no response..

I am sure you have thought about doing it, so it would probably be a good idea. E-mail or snail mail the overseer and tell him (after much prayer) 'What you intend to do" (with a copy to the General Offices).

If that doesn't get a fair response.................................

I know the post here is frustration. You are much smarter than I ever thought of being (and probably smarter than some other posters). I like your attitude. Exclamation
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/11/13 2:02 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
SO

if David is sure God has called him to pastor in Louisville (and please make sure)...then send the overseer a registered letter - letting him know when you are starting it - and if the COG wants to be a part - to contact you.

I don't think any other notification is necessary.
7/11/13 4:28 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Quote:
I see a lot of talk about "desires of the heart", but will God always give you the desires of the heart, not sure. I believe that He will give you the desires of your heart when it is in His will to do so. I've desired alot over the years, Laughing , but God knew my heart better than I did so it did not come to fruition.

Missed point. I am not saying that God gives you YOUR desires. I am saying that if you are in Him, and I assume David Boggs to be, the desire he has in his heart came from God. God gave him the desires of, or in, his heart. We have always said that God will give us our desires, like stuff we want. I don't believe that.
Acts-pert Poster
7/11/13 9:04 pm

Post Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
SO

if David is sure God has called him to pastor in Louisville (and please make sure)...then send the overseer a registered letter - letting him know when you are starting it - and if the COG wants to be a part - to contact you.

I don't think any other notification is necessary.

Cuts to the chase NBF not bad. Wink

Makes sense when all else fails, that is if one still feels the COG wants to be involved. Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/11/13 10:46 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.