Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Did Paul sin?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Quiet Wyatt
bradfreeman wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I find it very important to clarify what we mean by the term "sin." My understanding is that it is a willful transgression of the moral law of God. Some confuse mistakes with sins, thus making it impossible for a finite being to ever avoid sin.

What is this "moral law of God" you refer to? The 10 commandments? Is there any scripture that supports this terminology?

The moral law or law of Christ is to love God with all one's heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself. This is the heart of the OT law.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/4/13 2:23 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
bradfreeman wrote:
Thanks for taking it 1 question at a time. It makes it a ton easier to understand your position.

Thanks. I'm all about clarity.

Quote:

So does 1 unconfessed sin leave a person lost under perpetual chastening or what?

If one refuses to submit to the Father's discipline, they are not sons but illegitimate. It is because of discipline that we endure and are made partakers of His holiness, as Hebrews 12 says. To refuse to repent is to persist in rebellion/sin.
Quote:

Are believers ever perfect?

Are they perfect forever or until their next sin?

A Christian is commanded by Jesus Christ to be perfect, loving one's enemies as oneself, etc. We are to have "a perfect heart" as many OT saints are said to have had, which is also to be pure in heart (Matt. 5:8). The only means by which our hearts can be perfected and made pure is through faith in Jesus Christ and His all-sufficient sacrifice.

Quote:
Quote:
What I don't affirm is that it is some kind of make-believe holiness or compartmentalized holiness that does not include body, soul and spirit, that one can be holy in one's spirit while sinful in one's flesh.

Do you believe in the new birth?

Do you believe we have an "inner man" and an "outer man"?

1. Yes, of course I do. We must be born again/regenerated and indwelt by the Holy Spirit in order to see the kingdom of heaven.

2. Yes. Sin is an issue of the heart/will of a person, not their physical body as such. As Jesus said:

"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh." (Luke 6:45)

Quote:
Do you believe body and soul are never perfect, "perfect forever" or until your next sin?

Our bodies await the resurrected, glorified state to be perfected. That does not mean they in and of themselves are sinful.

The soul (generally said to be the mind, will, and emotions), is to be renewed progressively as one walks in the Spirit, not fulfilling the desires of the flesh, putting on the mind of Christ.

Ephesians 4:17 Now this I say and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their minds. 18 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart. 19 They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity. 20 But that is not the way you learned Christ!— 21 assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus, 22 to put off your old self,[f] which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, 23 and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, 24 and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.
25 Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another. 26 Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, 27 and give no opportunity to the devil. 28 Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need. 29 Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. ESV

Quote:
Quote:
I also do not affirm the sin debt payment or penal substitution theories of the atonement, by which it is asserted that all sins, past, present and future are somehow forgiven before they are committed.

2 Cor. 5:14 For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died ; 15 and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

Heb. 2:9 But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.

I believe Jesus is our perfect priest, perfect sin-offering and that he also tasted death on my behalf.

Why do you believe he was wounded, bruised, pierced, chastized and striped?

Why not just offer him like Abraham offered Isaac?

Not sure what your last question is about, but I do affirm that Abraham's offering up of Isaac is a type which Christ fulfilled.

I affirm Christ died to save/deliver us from the power of sin, to set us free from the law of sin and death by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, to reconcile us to God, to provide a way that God can be just, and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus, and to destroy/undo him who had the power of death, that is the Devil.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/4/13 2:53 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
bradfreeman wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. (1 John 3:4-9, NIV 1984)

The most accurate translations don't render the bolded phrase "cannot go on sinning", they render it "cannot sin". See NKJV, NASB, NRSV, YLT, KJV and others.

The word sin is the greek "hamartano" which means:

to be without a share in
to miss the mark
to err, be mistaken
to miss or wander from the path of uprightness and honour, to do or go wrong
to wander from the law of God, violate God's law, sin

I don't see any clear mention of deliberate or intentional acts in this definition. On the contrary, I see the words "err", "mistake", "miss" and "wander". This terminology appears to indicate that the born of God cannot err, cannot make mistakes, cannot miss and cannot wander.

I am not married to any one particular translation. The Greek word in this instance is in the present active indicative:

Quote:

Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament
1 John 3:6
Sinneth not (ouc amartanei). Linear present (linear menwn, keeps on abiding) active indicative of amartanw, "does not keep on sinning." For menw (abide) see Hebrews 2:6 ; John 15:4-10 . Whosoever sinneth (o amartanwn). Present (linear) active articular participle like menwn above, "the one who keeps on sinning" (lives a life of sin, not mere occasional acts of sin as amarthsa, aorist active participle, would mean). Hath not seen him (ouc ewraken auton). Perfect active indicative of oraw. The habit of sin is proof that one has not the vision or the knowledge (egnwken, perfect active also) of Christ. He means, of course, spiritual vision and spiritual knowledge, not the literal sense of oraw in John 1:18 ; John 20:29 . http://m.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/robertsons-word-pictures/1-john/1-john-3-6.html

Quote:
1 John 3:8
He that doeth sin (o poiwn thn amartian). "He that keeps on doing sin" (the habit of sin). Of the devil (ek tou diabolou). In spiritual parentage as Jesus said of the Pharisees in John 8:44 . When one acts like the devil he shows that he is not a true child of God. Sinneth from the beginning (ap arch amartanei). Linear progressive present active indicative, "he has been sinning from the beginning" of his career as the devil. This is his normal life and those who imitate him become his spiritual children. That he might destroy (ina lush). Purpose clause with ina and the first aorist active subjunctive of luw. This purpose (ei touto) Jesus had and has. There is eternal conflict, with final victory over Satan certain. http://m.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/robertsons-word-pictures/1-john/1-john-3-8.html

Quote:

1 John 3:9
Doeth no sin (amartian ou poiei). Linear present active indicative as in verse 4 like amartanei in verse 8 . The child of God does not have the habit of sin. His seed (sperma autou). God's seed, "the divine principle of life" (Vincent). Cf. John 1 . And he cannot sin (kai ou dunatai amartanein). This is a wrong translation, for this English naturally means "and he cannot commit sin" as if it were kai ou dunatai amartein or amarthsai (second aorist or first aorist active infinitive). The present active infinitive amartanein can only mean "and he cannot go on sinning," as is true of amartanei in verse 8 and amartanwn in verse 6 . For the aorist subjunctive to commit a sin see amarthte and amarth in 1 John 2:1 . A great deal of false theology has grown out of a misunderstanding of the tense of amartanein here. Paul has precisely John's idea in Romans 6:1 epimenwmen th amartiai (shall we continue in sin, present active linear subjunctive) in contrast with amarth swmen in Romans 6:15 (shall we commit a sin, first aorist active subjunctive). http://m.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/robertsons-word-pictures/1-john/1-john-3-9.html

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 2/5/13 11:32 am; edited 3 times in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/4/13 3:04 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Eph 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; 2and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.
3But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; 4and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
6Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
7Therefore do not be partakers with them; 8for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light NASB
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/4/13 3:12 pm

Post bradfreeman
The Greek for "cannot" in 1 John 3:9 is "dunamia" coupled with the strong Greek negative "ou". It literally means that which is born of God is not able to sin...incapable.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
2/4/13 3:17 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
From Robertson's, which I cited above:
Quote:
1 John 3:9
Doeth no sin (amartian ou poiei). Linear present active indicative as in verse John 4 like amartanei in verse John 8 . The child of God does not have the habit of sin. His seed (sperma autou). God's seed, "the divine principle of life" (Vincent). Cf. John 1 . And he cannot sin (kai ou dunatai amartanein). This is a wrong translation, for this English naturally means "and he cannot commit sin" as if it were kai ou dunatai amartein or amarthsai (second aorist or first aorist active infinitive). The present active infinitive amartanein can only mean "and he cannot go on sinning," as is true of amartanei in verse 8 and amartanwn in verse 6 . For the aorist subjunctive to commit a sin see amarthte and amarth in 1 John 2:1 . A great deal of false theology has grown out of a misunderstanding of the tense of amartanein here. Paul has precisely John's idea in Romans 6:1 epimenwmen th amartiai (shall we continue in sin, present active linear subjunctive) in contrast with amarth swmen in Romans 6:15 (shall we commit a sin, first aorist active subjunctive). http://m.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/robertsons-word-pictures/1-john/1-john-3-9.html

A Christian cannot go on sinning and remain a Christian. The two modes of living are absolutely opposed to each other.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/4/13 3:21 pm

Post bradfreeman
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
A Christian cannot go on sinning and remain a Christian. The two modes of living are absolutely opposed to each other.

I though you believed a Christian would sin but must confess his sin.

Do you still sin?

When do you plan on stopping?

Christians sin and will struggle with sin until the redemption of our weak and corruptible flesh is redeemed and changed. This will ultimately result in the death or corruption of our bodies.

Our flesh wars against our spirits so that we find our selves doing what we don't want to do. Gal. 5:17.

Acts-dicted
2/4/13 3:48 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
A Christian cannot and does not go on sinning, does not willfully persist in sin. If they sin, they must repent and get back on the straight and narrow path. If they fail to do so, they are on the path that leads to destruction. They must repent while they still have been granted time to repent. See for instance the case of Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5 and of the false prophetess Jezebel in Revelation 2 whom Jesus said had been given time to repent, but now He was sending imminent judgment upon her and her followers.

As for myself, I do not, as a rule, live in sin. I of course retain the ability to sin if I choose to, and if I sin I must repent, but as a rule, they that are begotten of God do not go on sinning.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/4/13 4:39 pm

Post Randy Johnson
It seems to me in all this discussion about sinning, the emphasis is on sins of commission.

What about sins of omission? How do they fit into this discussion?

17 Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.

James 4:17
Ickesburg, Pennsylvania
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/4/13 6:19 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Randy Johnson wrote:
It seems to me in all this discussion about sinning, the emphasis is on sins of commission.

What about sins of omission? How do they fit into this discussion?

17 Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.

James 4:17

Sins of omission are willful transgressions of a known law. Anyone who KNOWS the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/4/13 6:22 pm

Post bradfreeman
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
I believe the real us is our spirit.

That is only part of us. You mentioned that sanctification is Christ's job and not ours. However, Paul does say that abstaining from fornication (something we do) is part of being sanctified. He also explains that our bodies are members of Christ in I Corinthians 6:15.
As I mentioned before in this thread, it cannot be concluded that the real Paul did not include his body simply because of the wording of Romans 7:16. If that were the case, as I mentioned twice before, you would also have to conclude from Galatians 2:20 that Paul's spirit was not the real him either.

We spirit and have a soul. These 2 remain together forever. Christ sanctifies our spirits by His blood.

Our souls are not that way. We pull down strongholds and rebel thoughts. We renew (sanctify) our minds by embracing the truth. We pray for the eyes of our understanding to be enlightened so that we may know...

Our bodies are not that way. We have 2 bodies, one for now, one for later. We offer (sanctify) our bodies a living sacrifice, discipline them, deny them and war against them.

Our current body is earthy, natural, dishonorable, corruptible and weak.

1 Cor. 15:40 There are also heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is one, and the glory of the earthly is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars ; for star differs from star in glory. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory ; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power ; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

There is a cleansing by re-birth of spirit that only God does through Christ.

There is a cleansing of mind and body that we do by His grace.

Acts-dicted
2/5/13 7:31 am

Post bradfreeman
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I think the main thing you and I disagree on in this discussion is that I find your view that there was no commandment/law in the world from Adam to Moses to be based on the specific wording found in your chosen translation, which, if I recall correctly, is the NIV. Other more literal translations make much more sense of the verse in question...

QW, I'm going to make the same statement to you regarding 1 John 3:6-9. You choose the NIV because you sin occasionally and the NIV translation allows that which is born of God to sin occasionally. However, the more literal translations clearly indicate that the born of God part of us "cannot sin" or is incapable of sinning (dunamai ou). The difficulty for you lies in the fact that the more literal translations force you to say 1 of 2 things:
1. I am not a Christian (born of God) because I sin.
2. There is a part of me that cannot sin (my inner man created in righteousness and true holiness) and a part of me that remains not born of God that does sin (my weak and corruptible flesh with its lusts of the flesh) - because I sin and am capable of sin.

2 is correct and the good news is, you are a Christian. The good news is that 2 creates security, confidence and boldness and does not result in the loss and recovery of your standing with God every time you sin (1,000's of times over the course of your life). The good news is that 2 jives with the Gospel of righteousness by faith, not works.

The Gospel is...good news.

Acts-dicted
2/5/13 7:44 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
In this case the NIV happens to translate the Greek verb tense more accurately, Brad. That is simply how it is. "Does not go on sinning" is a more literal translation than "does not sin." Your gnostic antinomian interpretation is not good news at all, but is in fact one of the oldest lies in the book, that living in sin is something one just can't help because of one's physical body, though our spirit is perfectly holy no matter what we do.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 2/5/13 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/5/13 7:47 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:19-21 NASB)

Now if what Brad and Watchman Nee say is true, I was every bit as saved as I'll ever be "in my spirit" when I was a backslidden drunkard running from the call of God on my life. I needn't have ever been concerned that I was actually headed for Hell no matter what Paul said in the above passage (and several other passages which say essentially the same thing--that if you live according to the flesh, you will die, but if by the HOLY Spirit you shall live), since, according to Brad, the flesh is not the real me, my spirit is perfect, sinless and holy no matter what works of the flesh my 'sinful body' forces me to do, etc.

Tragically, I have seen the fruit of this kind of teaching Brad is advocating up close and personal over the years. It leads directly to the destruction of families, individuals, church fellowships, and communities, primarily by telling people they can go on sinning and still be "saved in their spirit man" regardless. I've seen men and women, Christian leaders even, use this same logic to justify all kinds of wickedness while still being viewed as a Christian leader by those who agree with this damnable doctrine of demons, only leading to more and more wickedness--in the name of Christ no less.

I am so thankful I was never taught (nor did I ever believe) such a lie, that a Christian is really no different "in his body" than the unconverted and continues to sin all the time due to this supposed sinful body he can't get rid of this side of heaven. Had I believed that, I'd likely be long dead and lost forever.

Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:11 NASB)

New Covenant salvation by grace through faith has never been a license to continue in sin! Let everyone who names the name of Christ DEPART FROM INIQUITY! Thank God for salvation from sin!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/5/13 9:01 am

Post bradfreeman
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I Your gnostic antinomian interpretation is not good news at all, but is in fact one of the oldest lies in the book, that living in sin is something one just can't help because of one's physical body, though our spirit is perfectly holy no matter what we do.

Laughing

Again, QW, I'm not advocating "living in sin". I simply acknowledge my ongoing struggle with the weakness and lust of my flesh and that there are consequences for sin. I also acknowledge my covenant of righteousness by faith, not works. This is not a lie, but a foundational teaching of the apostle Paul. Paul acknowledged that those who believe are in right-standing with God and no longer have their sin imputed to them.

Acts-dicted
2/5/13 10:04 am

Post Daniel Rushing
bradfreeman wrote:
This is not a lie, but a foundational teaching of the apostle Paul.

As interpreted by you. Wink
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/5/13 10:34 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Also Brad, I have already responded to your accusation that my view says we must be saved 1000s of times and are lost with each sin. That is simply not true of my view. As I said, in my view when a believer sins, he is chastened by the Lord so that he may be a partaker of His holiness. If one is not disciplined, one is not a son but is instead illegitimate. If one willfully persists in sin, one is headed for certain doom unless and until he repents.

Here's some foundational teaching by the apostle of grace himself:

What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin. Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace. What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be! Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness? But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness, resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification. For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. Therefore what benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the outcome of those things is death. But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:1-23 NASB)

We simply are not at liberty to believe we have more security than the Scriptures themselves say we have. And the Scriptures nowhere reveal that anyone can rightly claim security in Christ while continuing in sin.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/5/13 11:47 am

Post bradfreeman
Daniel Rushing wrote:
bradfreeman wrote:
This is not a lie, but a foundational teaching of the apostle Paul.

As interpreted by you. Wink

He espouses this view in Romans 1,3,4,5,9,10,11,12,14. Galatians 1,2,3,5, Ephesians 2,3, Colossians 2, 2 Tim. 3, Heb. 6,10 and 11.

You don't believe that "righteousness by faith" is a foundational teaching of Paul?

Where does he teach righteousness by some other means?

Acts-dicted
2/5/13 11:59 am

Post bonnie knox
bradfreeman wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
I believe the real us is our spirit.

That is only part of us. You mentioned that sanctification is Christ's job and not ours. However, Paul does say that abstaining from fornication (something we do) is part of being sanctified. He also explains that our bodies are members of Christ in I Corinthians 6:15.
As I mentioned before in this thread, it cannot be concluded that the real Paul did not include his body simply because of the wording of Romans 7:16. If that were the case, as I mentioned twice before, you would also have to conclude from Galatians 2:20 that Paul's spirit was not the real him either.

We spirit and have a soul. These 2 remain together forever. Christ sanctifies our spirits by His blood.

Our souls are not that way. We pull down strongholds and rebel thoughts. We renew (sanctify) our minds by embracing the truth. We pray for the eyes of our understanding to be enlightened so that we may know...

Our bodies are not that way. We have 2 bodies, one for now, one for later. We offer (sanctify) our bodies a living sacrifice, discipline them, deny them and war against them.

Our current body is earthy, natural, dishonorable, corruptible and weak.

1 Cor. 15:40 There are also heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is one, and the glory of the earthly is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars ; for star differs from star in glory. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory ; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power ; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

There is a cleansing by re-birth of spirit that only God does through Christ.

There is a cleansing of mind and body that we do by His grace.

All that doesn't mean that my body is not part of the real me.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/5/13 12:08 pm

Post Daniel Rushing
All of those verses are irrelevant because I understand his use of the word "righteousness" differently than you. I also reject any gnostic reading of Paul and I think Paul had a different agenda for his writing than you do. I have explained this at length to you more than once. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/5/13 12:14 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.