Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

My son just told us he has a boyfriend
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dean Steenburgh
Myself as well as my church will lift you up in prayer over this weekend & we will pray for God to give you peace during this rough time. Only God knows the desperate feeling you must be feeling & His Holy Spirit is ours for comfort during these lonely times.

I feel horrible for you when I read between the lines & hear your heart as you are grateful for a pen name. It's another way of saying, "I dare not open my mouth about my personal life or the life of my family!" I've been in those type of shoes & felt that lonely despair.

I'm going to send you some info in a PM about a CoG Bishop who is fully capable to identify with you about this matter.

May God's peace that surpasses all understanding be upon you & your precious wife at this very moment & until this matter is settled.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
8/31/12 3:55 pm

Post Your unconditional love deskjet7
Your unconditional love for your son will never be forgotten. It is the greatest gift to give him at this time. May God give you and your wife all you need everyday to make it through this. Acts Enthusiast
8/31/12 5:45 pm

Post Imtired. 4golf
I think The Lord is sitting there in heaven and saying, " That is my son"! talking about you. I think you handeled it great. Just keep leanning on the Lord and the Holy Spirit will lead you. I will lift you and your family up to our Father. Shalom
8/31/12 9:28 pm

Post You and your precious family are in our prayers Pastors Friend
Brother, please know there are warriors in the Kingdom of God lifting you and your family before the Throne of God today! This situation is not God's heart for your son. While I have not experienced exactly your situation, I have two sons reared in the House of the Lord. My youngest son has left his wife and child for an older woman, left the state and does not do right by child support or anything else. This is a young man that admitted he has been called to preach, and has had the baptism of the Holy Ghost. It is killing us to see how he treats his wife and baby. This is our only grand child. My wife has been gravely ill for 8 months with cancer and a heart attack. I have had a heart attack also. But we keep holding on to the promises of God! We are in a church as assistant pastor and they are so good to us. They are helping us hold our son and his family before the Lord. Be encouraged, God does deliver from every stain of sin. Please continue to love your son as I know you will. To alienate him would not be in his best interest. Please know you have the people of the Lord in prayer for deliverance.
PF
Acts Enthusiast
9/1/12 8:08 am

Post Truman Here Truman Smith
This thought might be of help to you my dear brother .. I had a Baptist Pastor friend in Shelbyville , Tn. that was asked this question by another Baptist Pastor .

I overheard this conversation . " Hey Brother , I know your son is in college , How is he doing "?
"He's doing fine, TODAY HE IS AN ATHEIST ".

I thought , Now that is a wise father .

Hope this helps . Will be praying , God Bless . T
Acts Enthusiast
9/1/12 11:27 am

Post bradfreeman
Praying for you. God fill you, your wife and your son with wisdom and grace.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
9/1/12 8:44 pm

Post JLA777
Praying for you and your family!

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen! Philemon 1:25

https://www.facebook.com/joanylouise
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
9/2/12 4:37 pm

Post Bro Bob
Requested prayer for you in SS class yesterday. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
9/3/12 10:07 am

Post Praying Tracy S Hamilton
Just know that many are praying for you. God will give you the strength that you and your wife need. God is still a good God!! Golf Cart Mafia Capo
9/3/12 10:15 pm

Post Son Lloyd Looney
Sir, if I can be of assistance to you please contact me. I do not have personal experience with this issue but as a counselor I may have some info I can share that might be helpful. You can private message me if you'd like. I will be praying for you and your family.
9/4/12 7:45 am

Post Praying for You Mark Hardgrove
Dear one, my heart and prayers are with you. It sounds like your response is very reasonable and compassionate. I've never faced anything like that, but if I did, I'd hope that I could respond as well as you have. The worst thing I've faced was a son who showed up to church with both ears pierced. I told him he was 18 and could make those choices, but he could not live in my house wearing earrings. I told him I loved him and nothing would change that, but if he wanted to wear earrings he'd have do do it at another residence. He took out the earrings. That small episode was a painful experience for me, so I cannot imagine what you must be feeling.

I'd encourage you, if you have not already done so, to contact Lloyd Looney. Dr. Looney is a good friend and he has been a great resource and help to me over the years. Also, I can testify that he will maintain strict confidence in any conversation you have with him.
Dean & VP for Academics at BHU
http://www.beulah.org/
Acts-celerater
9/4/12 7:58 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.