Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What is official COG statement on alcohol consumption?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Eddie Robbins
You mean...like this?

Acts-pert Poster
5/31/12 9:26 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:

I am still waiting for an answer......

I did answer your question. I said the answer would be yes.
Of course that's theoretically. In practicality, it would be very difficult to enforce because it would be hard to find agreement on the definition of gluttony. I'm pretty sure if any consensus could be found on the definition, it would not be stringent enough to suit you. Then of course, there would be an outcry of how much denomination politics affected how the enforcement was applied, i.e. the fat glutton was removed so that the skinny glutton (who also happened to be a good friend of the AB) could be placed in the choice church.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/31/12 9:36 am

Post Tracy S Hamilton
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

I am still waiting for an answer......

I did answer your question. I said the answer would be yes.
Of course that's theoretically. In practicality, it would be very difficult to enforce because it would be hard to find agreement on the definition of gluttony. I'm pretty sure if any consensus could be found on the definition, it would not be stringent enough to suit you. Then of course, there would be an outcry of how much denomination politics affected how the enforcement was applied, i.e. the fat glutton was removed so that the skinny glutton (who also happened to be a good friend of the AB) could be placed in the choice church.

So are you a church official..... and I don't say that being ugly? I was asking because the way the article is written, then I could see where a person could have their license revoked for gluttony.

I think there is a BIG problem in revoking someone's license for drinking (not getting drunk) but not revoking someone's license for gluttony when it is VERY obvious, according to this article.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
5/31/12 12:30 pm

Post Tracy S Hamilton
Eddie Robbins wrote:
You mean...like this?

Yep, that would be it..... lol.....

Getting ready to do a tough mudder in October and a warrior dash in November...... it is down here in SC, you ought to come and do this with us.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
5/31/12 12:34 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
So are you a church official..... and I don't say that being ugly?

No, if I were I'd have bigger things on my plate than a petty hypothetical argument with Tracy Hamilton. Razz

Seriously, I don't think if I were an official I would find it necessary to address this.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/31/12 1:06 pm

Post Tracy S Hamilton
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
So are you a church official..... and I don't say that being ugly?

No, if I were I'd have bigger things on my plate than a petty hypothetical argument with Tracy Hamilton. Razz

Seriously, I don't think if I were an official I would find it necessary to address this.

So if you had a Pastor who was drinking a beer at a restaurant, you would have no problem with that given this article from our teachings?

Just wondering..... If you did have a problem with it, then would you have the same problem with a glutton?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
5/31/12 2:17 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
So if you had a Pastor who was drinking a beer at a restaurant, you would have no problem with that given this article from our teachings?

I wouldn't feel it necessary to discuss it on Acts.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/31/12 2:23 pm

Post steel
According to what I have been told in the Church of God if yo drink you will burn in hell. Golf Cart Mafia Associate
5/31/12 2:37 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.