Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Will there be Masons in Heaven?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post one thing is for sure PastorJackson
I will not ever get in a discussion with people that cant read. And what is funny is I had a lot of respect for at least one that came against me here. A shame. You read one thing and your minds know all there is to know. You overreacted just admit it. Would you be this way if I said I am a MARINE? None of you on here as far as I know have ever been in the Lodge so you dont know what your are talking about. I try to show what the truth is and I am attacked being asked how I got through screening, alluding that I cheated some how and I resent it. How many on here are alcoholics? You call yourself that all your life because once one always one. I WAS and AM and will ALWAYS be a MASTER MASON! I have not been anyway involved with the Lodge since 1998, I sent a letter of resignation at that time, but I LOST alot of good friends because they could not understand why I have to choose and with this I question that also. But I know someone on here who thinks their Gods gift to the church will contact my AB and say I said I am a Mason leaving out all the rest. You will answer to someone a lot higher. I am very dissapointed with ACTS because of this. I thought this was a place to be safe where I could ask questions and learn from other ministers experiance. But I see there are still knee jerkers on here. SO WHAT if I did say something, you could not contact me off line and ask NO you acuse me in public. Jerk.
http://www.facebook.com/jackson.plant
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/10/12 5:49 pm

Post Re: know so c6thplayer1
PastorJackson wrote:
I cant stop on this you have me so mad right now. Do you know me? you have the gall to judge me! For your information I was not screened in MD! Who the heck are you to question me at all? It is NONE of anyones business on here if I did or did not resign my Masonic credintials, and with your attitiudes I could care less if you ever know. But are you really that nieve that I would not have at least resigned? If any one had ever met me or knows my testimony they know as does the overseers in the COG, wow it takes alot to tick me off but you really did! Why dont you read what I wrote,
Lee Roy Brown wrote:
InspiredHillbilly wrote:
PastorJackson wrote:
I am a Master Mason. Have been one for 25 years. I say this because once a Mason always one, I can not forget what I learned. I am not active since I got ordained. Masons are NOT a evil satanic orginazation. So yes I believe if a Mason accepts Christ then they will be in Heaven.

About to bite my tongue in two..... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I’m with you this is absolutely despicable. Who is the world is screening credentialed ministers in Maryland????????? I think you probably should have avoided saying this because I got a feeling a ton of people are getting ready to contact the AB about this one. You need to renounce one or the other but you can’t do both. You shouldn’t want to do both.

If I had members in my church who knew that the COG credentialed a master mason they would be gone. I would imagine this would be carried out across a good many churches. My church is by no means old fashion either.

I could care less if Pastor Jackson is a mason or not.. I have read his post throughout the years which speaks profoundly of his christianity and his dedication to Christ. So if he chooses to or not to be a member of the Masons that is his business and no one elses on this board or the COG executive branch.

Pastor Jackson is not only my brother in Christ but is welcome to minister in our church anytime he wishes. This should sum it up beyond doubt.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/10/12 5:57 pm

Post Re: know so PastorJackson
Thank you that means a lot! Im sorry to everyone for getting so angry, I am going thru a lot with wedding in 2 weeks, move to Hawaii and last night got some bad news I really did not need this. God bless all of you.
c6thplayer1 wrote:
PastorJackson wrote:
I cant stop on this you have me so mad right now. Do you know me? you have the gall to judge me! For your information I was not screened in MD! Who the heck are you to question me at all? It is NONE of anyones business on here if I did or did not resign my Masonic credintials, and with your attitiudes I could care less if you ever know. But are you really that nieve that I would not have at least resigned? If any one had ever met me or knows my testimony they know as does the overseers in the COG, wow it takes alot to tick me off but you really did! Why dont you read what I wrote,
Lee Roy Brown wrote:
InspiredHillbilly wrote:
PastorJackson wrote:
I am a Master Mason. Have been one for 25 years. I say this because once a Mason always one, I can not forget what I learned. I am not active since I got ordained. Masons are NOT a evil satanic orginazation. So yes I believe if a Mason accepts Christ then they will be in Heaven.

I’m with you this is absolutely despicable. Who is the world is screening credentialed ministers in Maryland????????? I think you probably should have avoided saying this because I got a feeling a ton of people are getting ready to contact the AB about this one. You need to renounce one or the other but you can’t do both. You shouldn’t want to do both.

If I had members in my church who knew that the COG credentialed a master mason they would be gone. I would imagine this would be carried out across a good many churches. My church is by no means old fashion either.

I could care less if Pastor Jackson is a mason or not.. I have read his post throughout the years which speaks profoundly of his christianity and his dedication to Christ. So if he chooses to or not to be a member of the Masons that is his business and no one elses on this board or the COG executive branch.

Pastor Jackson is not only my brother in Christ but is welcome to minister in our church anytime he wishes. This should sum it up beyond doubt.

5/10/12 6:08 pm

Post sheepdogandy
I have not been anyway involved with the Lodge since 1998, I sent a letter of resignation at that time,

That is what you did not say in your opening post and you know it.

I was a lot of things back in the day, I am no longer any of them.

You just did not expect any negative reaction to your comment and when you got it you played the "mad" card.

www.spwc.church
5/10/12 6:13 pm

Post Truman Here Truman Smith
Pastor Jackson I also think you were attacted . Sheepdog and Hillbilly did not understand what you posted at all . But they did read into it what they wanted it to say ,as they did my post . So please take this old man's advise. This is what I am doing on this thread . I reccomend you follow me . I think so little of their opinion of me I really don't care what they say or think about me . I am going to listen to the Scripture that states , " why do the people rage ..............? God Bless T Acts Enthusiast
5/10/12 8:19 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Truman Smith, methinks you protest too much. Rolling Eyes

www.spwc.church
5/10/12 8:58 pm

Post Re: know so c6thplayer1
PastorJackson wrote:
Thank you that means a lot! Im sorry to everyone for getting so angry, I am going thru a lot with wedding in 2 weeks, move to Hawaii and last night got some bad news I really did not need this. God bless all of you.
c6thplayer1 wrote:
PastorJackson wrote:
Lee Roy Brown wrote:
InspiredHillbilly wrote:
PastorJackson wrote:

Things will work out fine brother and when you see the clear blue waters of Hawaii your worries will melt away....... Very Happy Very Happy
5/10/12 9:34 pm

Post Re: Truman Here PastorJackson
Thanks sounds good to me.
Truman Smith wrote:
Pastor Jackson I also think you were attacted . Sheepdog and Hillbilly did not understand what you posted at all . But they did read into it what they wanted it to say ,as they did my post . So please take this old man's advise. This is what I am doing on this thread . I reccomend you follow me . I think so little of their opinion of me I really don't care what they say or think about me . I am going to listen to the Scripture that states , " why do the people rage ..............? God Bless T

5/10/12 9:50 pm

Im looking out my window now and they do that lol.
c6thplayer1 wrote:
PastorJackson wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:
PastorJackson wrote:
Lee Roy Brown wrote:
InspiredHillbilly wrote:
PastorJackson wrote:

Things will work out fine brother and when you see the clear blue waters of Hawaii your worries will melt away....... Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy
5/10/12 9:51 pm

Post Re: Truman Here Cojak
Truman Smith wrote:
Pastor Jackson I also think you were attacted . Sheepdog and Hillbilly did not understand what you posted at all . But they did read into it what they wanted it to say ,as they did my post . So please take this old man's advise. This is what I am doing on this thread . I reccomend you follow me . I think so little of their opinion of me I really don't care what they say or think about me . I am going to listen to the Scripture that states , " why do the people rage ..............? God Bless T

Truman and my shipmate Jackson both have been here a long time and both have posted some good stuff. I try to take a man at his word i saw nothing wrong with either post, because mostly I accept them as brothers.

Now to Truman's post, I agree whole completely the way you said it my friend. I praise good works many times without agreeing with the person's religion or beliefs.

Anyway I think some of this got blown out of proportion. Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/10/12 9:51 pm

Post Re: Masonry is incompatible with Christianty Poimen
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Poimen wrote:

And they officially hold beliefs and practices that are contrary to the Christian faith, the teaching of the Bible.

So, yes, a Mason can go to heaven. It is possible, because of ignorance as to the true nature of Masonry. But the lodge itself is at it's core anti-Christian and therefore Ant-Christ. I say that not to be offensive, but to be clear.

Wink

What are some examples of the anti christian beliefs they have?

Here is a link to the discussion I mentioned above:
http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=206&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

And here is a copy of my reply in that thread, which serves to answer your question, I trust:
    I come from a family and community with deep roots in the Masonic Lodge, the Eastern Star, and the Shriner's. My grandfather is a 31st degree Mason.

The Lodge, in spite of it's good deeds and religious overtones of Christian virtue, in actual practice violates and opposes the teaching of Scripture.

It requires the swearing of an oath, to secrecy (the act itself is wrong, even if it is not held sacred by those who take it). Both of which, in this context, are condemned by Scripture. Furthermore the oaths themselves require a pledge to bodily harm, mutilation, and death. This is in direct opposition to the biblical view regarding life, among other things.

It supposes that those who are candidates of membership need the "light of free masonry". This directly opposes the truth of Scripture that Jesus is the Light of the world, that fellowship with Him is all sufficient, and says that in addition to Scripture the teaching, structure, and forms of masonry are needed in order to become fully enlightened.

This compares strongly with the mystery religions of Paul's day.

Masonry, in practice (even if not in public statements and relations) shows respect of persons. (i.e. helping cover a wrong, gain a promotion improperly, etc. due to the "brotherhood" and 'fellowship" as lodge members).

The Lodge, though on lower levels not as openly so, is a sort of unitarian religion. The lodge believes itself to be the receptacle of all religious truth, and the union of men and creed in and through the Lodge. IN America it is common in the blue lodge to see/hear of bible readings, Christian profession, beliefs, and views, etc. But to the Lodge, there is some truth in all religions, their respective teachers, and it's scriptures. The lodge puts all such sacred figures and writings on the same level (and at the same time, lifts itself above them all, as the supremer umbrella and means of unification). It holds the Koran as equal to the bible, Hinduism as a valid expression of truth equal to that of Christianity, of Buddha, Moses, and Krishna as equal with Jesus. IT is a false religion, an anti-Christian religion, even if some Christian under the guise and deceit of good works and just "not knowing" may temporarily find themselves in the lodge.

Consider that per Pike, in Morals & Dogma, Lucifer is the god of masonry.

This is just a brief mention of some of the more notable reasons why Masonry is directly opposed to the Christian faith and why Christians have no business being in the Lodge.

Singing: "Let us then be true and faithful -- trusting, serving, everyday. Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay."
5/12/12 1:04 am

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post I can remember John Hughes
When the Church of God would allow a man to be a mason if he had insurance and needed to pay dues to stay insured.

Also a tobacco farmer could be a member because his lively hood depended on his chosen product.

On another note I remember my dad being required by church leadership to tithe on his veggies given to him by members. I used to say, " Dad, send the overseer some potatoes or carrots or onions as your tithe!" He would reply, they only take money at headquarters. Sad but true. I'm so glad to be free of stupid stuff Cool
5/12/12 4:54 pm

Post Re: I can remember Cojak
John Hughes wrote:
When the Church of God would allow a man to be a mason if he had insurance and needed to pay dues to stay insured.

Also a tobacco farmer could be a member because his lively hood depended on his chosen product.

Is that not true now? I am under the impression that it is still the case.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/12/12 10:43 pm

Post Re: Masonry is incompatible with Christianty PastorJackson
As was said before what knowledge do you have? I went thru the degrees, there is NOTHING higher than MASTER Mason, ask anyone who was or is in it. There is nothing in Masonry that is anti Christian. You are talking out of ignorance. You mention you can not swear an oath, have you ever enlisted in the military? I have a security clearance I have to swear an oath to keep them secret. I say in it that if I violate a law there is a penalty up to death.The oath you mention is know to be figurative not literal. Do you really think someone will bury someone a cable tows length from shore? Get real! I tell you from being there you tell me from hearsay or other books. You mention our ignorance but I am not ignorant, I chose not to go into the Scotish rite or the York rite because I joined the Navy. I say again there is nothing higher in Masonry than the 3rd degree. That is all that is important, the other offshoots are not Masonry but other groups people join to help people. I was a Christian when I joined, the Pastor that led me to Christ was in the same lodge when I was raised to a Master. Disprove me.
Poimen wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Poimen wrote:

And they officially hold beliefs and practices that are contrary to the Christian faith, the teaching of the Bible.

So, yes, a Mason can go to heaven. It is possible, because of ignorance as to the true nature of Masonry. But the lodge itself is at it's core anti-Christian and therefore Ant-Christ. I say that not to be offensive, but to be clear.

Wink

What are some examples of the anti christian beliefs they have?

Here is a link to the discussion I mentioned above:
http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=206&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

And here is a copy of my reply in that thread, which serves to answer your question, I trust:
    I come from a family and community with deep roots in the Masonic Lodge, the Eastern Star, and the Shriner's. My grandfather is a 31st degree Mason.

The Lodge, in spite of it's good deeds and religious overtones of Christian virtue, in actual practice violates and opposes the teaching of Scripture.

It requires the swearing of an oath, to secrecy (the act itself is wrong, even if it is not held sacred by those who take it). Both of which, in this context, are condemned by Scripture. Furthermore the oaths themselves require a pledge to bodily harm, mutilation, and death. This is in direct opposition to the biblical view regarding life, among other things.

It supposes that those who are candidates of membership need the "light of free masonry". This directly opposes the truth of Scripture that Jesus is the Light of the world, that fellowship with Him is all sufficient, and says that in addition to Scripture the teaching, structure, and forms of masonry are needed in order to become fully enlightened.

This compares strongly with the mystery religions of Paul's day.

Masonry, in practice (even if not in public statements and relations) shows respect of persons. (i.e. helping cover a wrong, gain a promotion improperly, etc. due to the "brotherhood" and 'fellowship" as lodge members).

The Lodge, though on lower levels not as openly so, is a sort of unitarian religion. The lodge believes itself to be the receptacle of all religious truth, and the union of men and creed in and through the Lodge. IN America it is common in the blue lodge to see/hear of bible readings, Christian profession, beliefs, and views, etc. But to the Lodge, there is some truth in all religions, their respective teachers, and it's scriptures. The lodge puts all such sacred figures and writings on the same level (and at the same time, lifts itself above them all, as the supremer umbrella and means of unification). It holds the Koran as equal to the bible, Hinduism as a valid expression of truth equal to that of Christianity, of Buddha, Moses, and Krishna as equal with Jesus. IT is a false religion, an anti-Christian religion, even if some Christian under the guise and deceit of good works and just "not knowing" may temporarily find themselves in the lodge.

Consider that per Pike, in Morals & Dogma, Lucifer is the god of masonry.

This is just a brief mention of some of the more notable reasons why Masonry is directly opposed to the Christian faith and why Christians have no business being in the Lodge.

5/13/12 3:15 am

Post Poiman PastorJackson
Im not trying to attack what you are saying I just think you should personally talk with someone who is or was in the lodge and has knowledge I sat in several EA and Fellocraft and a Master Mason degree and helped with the works. I remember the oaths and there is nothing I remember that is anti Christian or tells anyone that there is another way to God. You mean well but you are regurgitating other stuff already out there that is incorrect and Pike is not a piller in the Masonic community. In my opinion he is a nut and tried to hijack the Lodge but his writings never had sway with me. In my lodge I used to be in Pickens Star #220 in Jasper Ga. We had prayer in Jesus name in it. When I was in the Navy before I was called to minister, I sat in lodge all over the world, and we never brought up religious matters, no one asked what they believed because it did not matter. We sat there as brothers just being friends. You are asked if you believe in God when you are interviewed to join the blue lodge that is it. An atheist, agnostic, or satinets will not be allowed to enter your given a background investigation, if you are a criminal, a traitor or can not get 3 Master Masons to back you you are voted on and black balled. I sat with Christians, Hindus, Muslims, just to name a few in lodge oversees. Please tell me what is so wrong that a Christian should not be in it, in fact up till the Morgan affair in 1825 it was expected to be a Mason, all the leaders of the young country were. Then all kinds of lies were put out which you and others still spew to this day with 0 truth.
Just trying to dispel some myths. Very Happy
5/13/12 3:32 am

Post sheepdogandy
AAAAAAAH the Morgan affair.

Benevolent Masons murder.

Did you know that the widow of Captain William Morgan later married Joseph Smith of Mormon fame?

Just an odd note from history.

I was introduced to the workings of Masonry by Rev Cecil McQuaig, a Church of God pastor from Norcross, GA.

A former Mason.

His book is comprehensive.

So you are saying the mountain of testimony from former Masons is incorrect?

Ankerberg was threatened when he televised his series on the Masonic Lodge.

www.spwc.church
5/13/12 7:46 am

Post Re: know so Link
PastorJackson wrote:

My dad joined the Masons and went up to 32 or 33rd degree,or whatever is the highest degree of Masons, but he went inactive back when I was a baby and he got into Pentecostalism, stopped paying dues, etc. He wouldnt' tell me any secrets about it, probably because of the oaths. I was a little concerned because he might even believe the organization went back to Solomon's temple, but I'm not sure from talking to him. It doesn't seem to be a part of his life at all.

Do you see anything about the organization that is inconsistent with Christianity. You could just say 'yes' or 'no if you want to answer. If it's 'yes' you might not be allowed to disclose the information if you swore an oath.
5/14/12 12:56 am

Post Link
sheepdogandy wrote:

Did you know that the widow of Captain William Morgan later married Joseph Smith of Mormon fame?

That seemed to be all the rage back then.

I mean I've read that a lot of women married Joseph Smith.

I've read that Smith incorporated a lot of rituals from Masonry into his religion.
5/14/12 1:06 am

Post PastorJackson
Yes he did, that is the reason Mormans can not be Masons. I know the due guards and the signs to get in the Mormon temples.
Link wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:

That seemed to be all the rage back then.

I mean I've read that a lot of women married Joseph Smith.

I've read that Smith incorporated a lot of rituals from Masonry into his religion.

5/14/12 6:16 am

That is exactly what I did, 32 is not the highest 3rd is but 32 is the highest in the Scottish rite. Like I said the oaths are not literal however I made a oath and I let my yes be yes, sounds like he did also.
Link wrote:
PastorJackson wrote:

My dad joined the Masons and went up to 32 or 33rd degree,or whatever is the highest degree of Masons, but he went inactive back when I was a baby and he got into Pentecostalism, stopped paying dues, etc. He wouldnt' tell me any secrets about it, probably because of the oaths. I was a little concerned because he might even believe the organization went back to Solomon's temple, but I'm not sure from talking to him. It doesn't seem to be a part of his life at all.

Do you see anything about the organization that is inconsistent with Christianity. You could just say 'yes' or 'no if you want to answer. If it's 'yes' you might not be allowed to disclose the information if you swore an oath.

5/14/12 6:18 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.