Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What are your plans for the Assembly?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What are your plans for the Assembly?
I am attending
48%
 48%  [ 21 ]
I am NOT attending
39%
 39%  [ 17 ]
I have not decided yet
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 43

Message Author
Post What are your plans for the Assembly? Acts Handle
Play along with me... Friendly Face
3/21/12 6:47 am

Post zjudah1
attending Friendly Face
3/21/12 8:48 am

Post wayne
attending Acts Enthusiast
3/21/12 9:02 am

Post In all honesty... roughridercog
I can spend money on other things more spiritually uplifting...like fishing.
3/21/12 9:10 am

Post curly
Attending. Haven't missed one since going. My first one was in 1982 in Kansas City, Mo. Acts Enthusiast
3/21/12 2:53 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post General Assembly Theodore Ballard
Attending even though I am retired. The convention center is 45 to 50 miles from our home

Theodore Ballard
Merritt Island, Fl
Friendly Face
3/21/12 5:07 pm

Post Re: In all honesty... PastorKeith
roughridercog wrote:

Spoken like an old pro my friend. Couldnt of said it better.
3/21/12 9:39 pm

Post 2ndgeneration
Attending

Attended my first Assembly in 1980. Missed 1982. Haven't missed one since.
Acts Enthusiast
3/21/12 9:58 pm

Post John Hughes
Not attending
3/22/12 8:08 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
Attending & bringing my dad & one other Bishop for a total of 3

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/23/12 9:42 pm

Post hmm Poimen
When and where is it? I might come. It'd be great to fellowship and worship with a bunch of you guys. Wink

Singing: "Let us then be true and faithful -- trusting, serving, everyday. Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay."
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/24/12 12:45 am

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Planning to... Apocalyptic Bill
Pray first and foremost. We are at the crossroads of our denomination and we need direction from the Lord on which path to take.

Search Biblical answers for the agenda when it comes out.

Enjoy some time with family and fellowship with friends I haven't seen in years.

Attend the ECBC reception.

We are staying at Clarion across from the convention center. That way my wife don't have to drag Noah out everytime.
Looking for the Blessed Hope!- Titus 2:13
Bill Coble, D.Min.
Facebook: facebook.com/apocalypticbill
Twitter: @billforjc
Hey, DOC
3/24/12 10:45 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
We are at the crossroads of our denomination...

What specifically are you referring to when you say "crossroads"?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/24/12 2:47 pm

Post Undecided Dan Eason
I got an email asking me to be an usher for worship. I was leaning towards going. I am thinking about it. The usher thing irritates me.
3/26/12 4:05 pm

Post Telecaster
Looking forward to going. This will only be the second assembly I have been to.

Looking forward to some fellowship and some Disney . . . er, um . . . Sea World . . . I mean . . .
Acts Enthusiast
3/28/12 8:28 am

Post Re: In all honesty... krista
roughridercog wrote:

Can't tell if you're kidding, but if you guys are ordained Bishops, aren't you required to go if at all possible? It's just a question....not looking for an argument. For financial reasons it is understandable, but to just not go?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
3/28/12 7:57 pm

Post Re: In all honesty... PastorKeith
krista wrote:
roughridercog wrote:

Can't tell if you're kidding, but if you guys are ordained Bishops, aren't you required to go if at all possible? It's just a question....not looking for an argument. For financial reasons it is understandable, but to just not go?

Being that your question Krista has been laying in repose for over a day, I will try to respond and answer accordingly to our IGA minutes and my own little jot. I'm not sure if you are a COG member or not yet your question (which is excellent) remains moot and central to an appropriate response.

Key word you have asked is require which implies to demand as necessary or essential. According to the IGA bylaws (S2 Article V1) Governing bodies, members of the COG compose the IGA and "shall comprise it's voting constituency." However, the IGC (International General Council) is composed of all OB (Ordained Bishops) "who shall comprise it's voting constituency." It therefore states the IGC agenda is to "meet biennially to consider all recommendations from the IEC." "The IGC shall consider and prepare such recommendations as are Scriptural and proper in matters pertaining to the welfare of the church. Such recommendations are to be presented to the IGA for final disposition." In regards to the responsibility, rights and authorities, or general instructions of the OB, not one word implies the OB are "required"
to attend. Yet in the COG (centralized form of government) the undertone of
your word "required" is used in S3 IGA definition is "privilege" to vote on any and all propositions presented.

Having said that, my jot would be that of two brief points. I've attended several medical conferences whereby my employer "required" me to attend. After attending and completing the conference lectures and exams, we are dismissed and obtain CEC's (Cont. Ed Cr.). Being that it was a "required" conference there was an obligation to the employer to reimburse me of travel, food, lodging and any conf. expenses incured. Secondly, the power of the COG resides with the IGA more so than the GC. I've experienced GA's were an item on the agenda was laboriously debated for hours and passed only for it to be turned down in minutes by the IGA. It's the "two edged sword" of our centralized government. Also on day one of GC, about 2200 OB will vote for PB, assistants, sec/tres, directors and C18. After that, about 400 - 600 OB will leave and prob return to vote again on Friday at IGA. There must be a better way to implement and deliver our polity in a more timely and less laborious fashion yet still be within the means of theocratic system. Just my little jot and IMHO.
3/29/12 9:46 pm

Post Plans for General Assembly worship4
If you can't afford it, that is one thing, but if you can why would you stay home and let other people make decissions that could affect your ministry, your church and eventually your life. There is an indifference being spread that we don't need to get together and take care of business. If you are pastoring how would you feel if you had a major business meeting, and only a few of the members showed up. We need to support our church and if we care don't enough about what goes on in our most important meetings, then maybe we ought to consider getting out.

I don't really want ot go for a four day meeting, but I feel it my obligation to be there.
Hey, DOC
4/1/12 1:20 pm

Post diakoneo
Yes I will be going to Disney...er General Assembly Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/1/12 1:41 pm

Post Re: Plans for General Assembly PastorKeith
[quote="worship4"]If you can't afford it, that is one thing, but if you can why would you stay home and let other people make decissions that could affect your ministry, your church and eventually your life. There is an indifference being spread that we don't need to get together and take care of business. If you are pastoring how would you feel if you had a major business meeting, and only a few of the members showed up. We need to support our church and if we care don't enough about what goes on in our most important meetings, then maybe we ought to consider getting out.

I don't really want ot go for a four day meeting, but I feel it my obligation to be there.[/quote

Based on the non preponderancy of my above post, I spoke only of the part whole instead of the whole part. I concur w/ you that if missing a general assembly let's "other people make decisions that could affect your ministry, your church and eventually your life...then maybe we ought to consider getting out."
4/1/12 9:28 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic