Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

More Mormon Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post No choice skinnybishop
It seems to me there is really no acceptable person to vote for. I certainly cannot vote for Obama. Forget his religious beliefs, I disagree with his politics. He has very little practical experience and I simply don't think he has any idea what he is doing. Other than being a good speaker I can't think of anything he does well.

I think Newt is a super intelligent man. I also think if he gets the nomination, his past will eat him alive. We haven't seen nasty, like we will if the Democratic party turns its full attention to Newt.

Mitt Romney just makes me sick to my stomach. Apparently, he is a very financially savy man. Our country certainly needs that security, but his political positions have waffled on everything from abortion to healthcare. I just don't see him having the backbone to be the Commaner-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of this country. I think he would be destroyed in a debate vs. Obama.

As far as Mormanism....it is just.....strange. I read a book written by a couple that came out of Mormanism. I think it was called, "Gold Plated Religion". All of what the OP listed is consistant with what I read. That reading had its facts referenced by offical church records/"scriptures".

It would be difficult for me to vote for someone who accepted anything so bizzare.
Acts Enthusiast
1/31/12 8:26 am

Post Agreed SB Mark Hardgrove
There are no good choices for the Republicans. Jeb Bush would have been a great candidate, but the anger toward George W. is still too fresh for many Bush haters. He would have had to run against his brother's record, because Obama would be saying, "We don't want to go back to the Bush era."

Many of my friends will hold their nose and vote for Romney. I respect their choice to do that and I do not totally disagree, but I want everyone to know what they are voting for when they vote in a Mormon.

The only thing (and I mean the only thing) that could possibly cause me to vote for Romney (and I'll be praying on it) is that while his record in Mass. doesn't support his current rhetoric, he may be more likely than Obama to vote against expanding abortion funding--though that is a tenuous argument at best.

My observation of Romney is that he is the quintessential spoiled rich kid. He is arrogant, condescending, and believes he can buy the office, which he may well do.
Dean & VP for Academics at BHU
http://www.beulah.org/
Acts-celerater
1/31/12 8:35 am

Post voting. 4golf
I read several say God appoint the Presdient so it doesn't matter who I vote for. So I am going to vote for Romney. If you read Deteronomy 17:15 Moses said "you" that is a little "y" not a big "y".1# Moses telling the children of Israel and us we should vote for a person God would choose.2# the Word of God is telling us to choose a person from the Brethren, "A Christian", not a foreigner. What is a Christian? Jesus tells us you will know them by the fruit they bare! That tells me a christian will bare fruit that Jesus bore! Did Jesus lie? No! Did Jesus flip-Flop around on issues? No! Did Jesus do ""ANYTHING" contrey to the Word of God? No! So to me, as a Disciple of Jesus Christ that leaves out both Presdient Obama and Romney! I can't, as a Disciple and going by the Word of God vote for either one of these men! I pray ever day for Presdient Obama, for his salvation and he and all the leaders of this county will lead the way God wants them to lead! Is Presdient Obama put in office by God? Yes 100%, Because the Word of God tells us the people will get the kind of Kings they want! The walfare of this world and my money no longer dictate the way I vote! My study vers for today is 2 Timothy 2:4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier!! This world is going to hell daily! I can't stop that! My job as a soldier of Jesus Christ is to take every one out of this world and turn them to His World as many as I can! I quit worrying about my 401 K and other things years ago! I will work as hard as I can, Stay obediant to Jesus Christ and Gods Word and that is ""ALL"" He has called me to do! Yes I am to vote, but only who the Word of God tells me to vote for, a ""TRUE" christian and man or women of God! Not a weekend christian or as Dr. Vance Havner called them moring glories! This world is coming to Jesus! It could be sooner if either Persdient Obama or Romney gets elected I don't know and do not care! I am a Sojouner, "A Illegal ALIEN" IN THIS WORLD! I am here for one main thing now"" SOULS"" I am no longer worrying about anything else! Bound By Beaulah
1/31/12 8:40 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Look - Mormon beliefs are not any sillier than all the folks that send in 1,000 dollars to TBN expecting to receive 100 times that - $100,000.

How would it look if we had a President that wanted to wipe out 15 trillion in debt - so he sends 150 billion to TBN?

Who would be the moron now?

If Mitts beliefs have changed on abortion - perhaps they will also on Jesus Christ. We can pray that happens. In the meantime we need the best guy that can change our financial course in the U.S.
1/31/12 8:44 am

Post John Jett
Yep, its another hold-your-nose and vote year. We need a new conservative party if the GOP is only capable of producing Dole, Bush, McCain, and Romney with the most conservative of those being Bush, a big-government, big spending progressive. They are in need of a major overhaul, I had hoped the tea-party would do that. Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/31/12 8:46 am

Post Once Again Mark Hardgrove
FNB you are building strawmen and then tearing them down. That is considered bad form in serious debate. We're not talking about TBN or Word of Faith people, if we cross that bridge we can discuss it. We're not talking about hypotheticals, but about real possibilities. Work with me here.

I respect everyone's right to vote for Romney and yes, we can still be friends. I may think you are wrong, and you may think I'm wrong. I love America! I am just expressing my own reasons for not wanting to vote for Romney.
Acts-celerater
1/31/12 8:51 am

Post Another against vote? DrDuck
My proudest vote for president was when I voted for Barry Goldwater. My most regretted vote, my only vote for a Democrat, was when I voted for Jimmy Carter because he was from Georgia.

Last edited by DrDuck on 1/31/12 9:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Acts-celerater
1/31/12 9:05 am

Post Another against vote? DrDuck
The first presidential vote I ever cast was to vote against John Kennedy. I have voted in every presidential election since and in most of them have been forced to cast a vote against some candidate. Now 2012 seems to be shaping up to be another against vote. If Newt cannot survive, at least may the Lord give Santorum a miracle. He has not been my first choice but I could feel good about voting for him in the general election.

Last edited by DrDuck on 1/31/12 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerater
1/31/12 9:17 am

Post John Jett
BTW, I will need a LOT of convincing even to hold my nose and vote for a flip-flopping RINO. As of now, I'm still saying no. But not because he's a Mormon, I'd rather have a Mormon who actually believes in the freedoms guaranteed in the Constitution ANY DAY than a so-called Christian who does not. Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/31/12 9:20 am

Post Re: Another against vote? diakoneo
DrDuck wrote:
The first presidential vote I ever cast was to vote against John Kennedy. I have voted in every presidential election since and in most of them have been forced to cast a vote against some candidate. Now 2012 seems to be shaping up to be another against vote. If Newt cannot survive, at least may the Lord give Santorum a miracle. He has not been my first choice but I could feel good about voting for him in the general election.

You have a valid point here. By not voting at all, as some have proposed here, you are voting FOR. Whether you like it or not! So let us vote against Obama, REGARDLESS!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/31/12 9:27 am

Post Re: Once Again Nature Boy Florida
Mark Hardgrove wrote:
FNB you are building strawmen and then tearing them down. That is considered bad form in serious debate. We're not talking about TBN or Word of Faith people, if we cross that bridge we can discuss it. We're not talking about hypotheticals, but about real possibilities. Work with me here.

I respect everyone's right to vote for Romney and yes, we can still be friends. I may think you are wrong, and you may think I'm wrong. I love America! I am just expressing my own reasons for not wanting to vote for Romney.

Wrong again Mark. I have built no straw man.

You called Romney a "moronman" for his religious beliefs.

I correctly pointed out that Mormons don't have a stranglehold on fantasy land with their religious beliefs.

Not sure who you are used to debating - but belittling a very accurate response by calling it a straw man isn't very good form.

And while calling a person a "Moronman" is good form in your debating circles - it's pretty lame in mine.
1/31/12 9:40 am

Post Re: Another against vote? John Jett
diakoneo wrote:
DrDuck wrote:

You have a valid point here. By not voting at all, as some have proposed here, you are voting FOR. Whether you like it or not! So let us vote against Obama, REGARDLESS!

I'm sure there are a lot of lefties who say the exact same thing "If you don't vote for Obama, its the same as voting for Romney!" So which is it? If you don't like Romney or Obama, it is perfectly fine (and actually responsible because of the message it sends to your accustomed party), to vote 3rd party.

All that said, you'd better be prepared to live with the consequences, but some may find it easier to have a clear conscience than 4 years under a man they voted for and don't really support.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/31/12 9:49 am

Post Are you kidding? Mark Hardgrove
NFB do you think it is coincidence that Smith said the Angel Moroni gave him the tablets? It is essentially the Greek word (moros) for imbecile, idiot, foolish, stupid.

Smith was pulling the wool over everyone's eyes and he knew it. He was calling them morons to their face while they embraced his fairytale. I'm not referring to them by anything that their own leader didn't refer to them as. Take it up with J.Smith.
Acts-celerater
1/31/12 9:55 am

Post Re: Another against vote? DrDuck
John Jett wrote:
diakoneo wrote:
DrDuck wrote:

I'm sure there are a lot of lefties who say the exact same thing "If you don't vote for Obama, its the same as voting for Romney!" So which is it? If you don't like Romney or Obama, it is perfectly fine (and actually responsible because of the message it sends to your accustomed party), to vote 3rd party.

All that said, you'd better be prepared to live with the consequences, but some may find it easier to have a clear conscience than 4 years under a man they voted for and don't really support.

I cannot call it responsible to cast your only vote for some third party candidate who cannot possibly be elected. In fact, it seems just the opposite. No vote is more wasted in our present political climate than a third party vote. My greatest fear about this election is that someone like a Donald Trump will split the national vote and launch Obama into a position to finish ruining this nation for the generations to come.
Acts-celerater
1/31/12 9:58 am

Post Re: Another against vote? John Jett
DrDuck wrote:
I cannot call it responsible to cast your only vote for some third party candidate who cannot possibly be elected. In fact, it seems just the opposite

Even if you absolutely do not want either candidate to win? Who would you vote for then? I'm not saying that's what I'll end up doing, but I certainly think it is up to the voter's conscience.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/31/12 10:04 am

Post Re: Another against vote? DrDuck
John Jett wrote:
DrDuck wrote:
I cannot call it responsible to cast your only vote for some third party candidate who cannot possibly be elected. In fact, it seems just the opposite

Even if you absolutely do not want either candidate to win? Who would you vote for then? I'm not saying that's what I'll end up doing, but I certainly think it is up to the voter's conscience.

John, I am not saying I absolutely did not want the candidate I voted for to win. I am saying that on very few occasions has my favored choice become the candidate presented in the general election. The lesser of two evils seems to me to be a more responsible vote than insisting on someone who cannot possibly win and thus aid the least desirable and most dangerous candidate into office.
Acts-celerater
1/31/12 10:16 am

Post kindapentecostal
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Look - Mormon beliefs are not any sillier than all the folks that send in 1,000 dollars to TBN expecting to receive 100 times that - $100,000.

This will not send you to hell. Mormon beliefs will.

Let's not pretend they are on the same playing field. Let's not pretend that having a Mormon president won't legitimize the faith in many peoples eyes. It's hard to call the group a cult when our president is a part of them.
Acts-celerater
1/31/12 10:35 am

Post Re: No need to talk in hypotheticals Kevin Summitt
Mark Hardgrove wrote:
Ultimately, the Bible says that God puts kings on thrones and takes them off thrones (I assume this applies to presidents as well). My not voting for Romney will not put Obama back in the Whitehouse, God is still in control and He doesn't need my vote or permission to be in control. He's God all by Himself.

Mark , Please hear me out … first off I’m not attacking you or anyone else with this it's just food for thought and my understanding of your quote… the word also says God gave dominion to man to rule over the earth and has never rescinded that ... He does put “kings on thrones and takes them off” ... but through mankind on earth. Many times in the word we see where God hardened the hearts of kings etc even took them out by taking their lives. I know we don’t see everything and God can do what He pleases but to break His principles and precepts? Divine intervention is still possible but, I don't see where its just so cut and dry that we can't say I don't like the candidates or agree with them so I'm not gonna vote? That’s almost childish. If they don't play like I think I'll just take my toys and go home? No disrespect intended by that but I really thought I'd hear something different from you of all people. Please shed a little more light cause I’m kinda disappointed ... Sad No Mormon veiws of God are twisted but are Obama's any better and then will deal with his health care policies laws for 4 more years ... ?
1/31/12 10:35 am

Post John Jett
We still don't have a king. We kicked him out a long time ago. We have a constitution and a Republic. The people, under the constitution, not a king, rule in this country. Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/31/12 11:04 am

Post Re: Once Again Tracy S Hamilton
Mark Hardgrove wrote:

Agreed, I cannot say that the Bible is my standard for living and then vote for someone who is diametrically opposed to it. None of the candidates will be 100% toward the Bible, but which one is closer to certain values that I believe reflect the heart of God.

If I vote for someone who is basically against everything that I say I believe in, then it tells me that the place that gives me my values (Bible) isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Just my opinion,

Tracy
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/31/12 11:22 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.