Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Executive Committee predictions...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dr. Knucklehead
GO Mark Williams
1st David Griffis
2nd Wallace Sibley
3rd John Childers
ST Don Walker

WM Tim Hill
Asst. Phillip Thomas

Y&D Gary Lewis
Asst. Greg Baird
Hey, DOC
5/16/12 9:58 am

Post No Childers Please actsfreak
The only comment I want to make is John Childers seems to spend money like it is going out of style. Tom Propes has his money under control. I could be wrong but these are the impressions I get. Of course, I am an outsider looking in. Hey, DOC
5/22/12 10:46 am

Post Re: No Childers Please diakoneo
actsfreak wrote:
The only comment I want to make is John Childers seems to spend money like it is going out of style. Tom Propes has his money under control. I could be wrong but these are the impressions I get. Of course, I am an outsider looking in.

Care to elaborate on that, "spending money" business. As a pastor in the state where he is AB, I have not witnessed what you are speaking of.

Please no innuendo...just facts!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/22/12 12:14 pm

Post Youth Department Facts Bowtat
Why I have a problem voting for the leadership over the past few years of the Youth Department:

1. Youth Department was sinking before the economy crash

2. In the following years we have seen the youth department give away YWEA(states and missions), NYLA conference(youth specialties), and Teen Talent (Lee University)

3. We have watched as no fore thought was given and almost all the states are without a State Youth director

4. Promises were made COG programs, money was raised and nothing came of it. (Chicago and Baltimore)

5. Does Winterfest make money? If so what is is spent on?

Yes, all these fact seem general or un-pinable on one person, that is due to the fact we are unsure of how the decisions were made to make these things happen.

I know that EVERYONE hates the idea of a resume' or a clearing house to say who was in charge of what when things happen, SO we are left to guess who did what. I do not believe Madden, Abbott, or Childers is to blame, but one of those guys is to blame for the above statements. Who? I don't know, but they do.
Friendly Face
5/22/12 1:45 pm

Post Re: Youth Department Facts diakoneo
Bowtat wrote:
Why I have a problem voting for the leadership over the past few years of the Youth Department:

2. In the following years we have seen the youth department give away YWEA(states and missions), NYLA conference(youth specialties), and Teen Talent (Lee University)

3. We have watched as no fore thought was given and almost all the states are without a State Youth director

4. Promises were made COG programs, money was raised and nothing came of it. (Chicago and Baltimore)

Yes, all these fact seem general or un-pinable on one person, that is due to the fact we are unsure of how the decisions were made to make these things happen.

I know that EVERYONE hates the idea of a resume' or a clearing house to say who was in charge of what when things happen, SO we are left to guess who did what. I do not believe Madden, Abbott, or Childers is to blame, but one of those guys is to blame for the above statements. Who? I don't know, but they do.

This sounds to me more about a lack of accountability and transparency.

Until we get those issues resolved we will continue to be plagued by the others Cool
5/22/12 1:54 pm

Post Youth Department Corrections mytwocents
Bowtat posted:

Quote:

1. Prior to the current leadership the department had been operating in the red, that is correct. However that issue seems to have been corrected, at least three of the past four years.

2. a. YWEA has not been given away but rather a commitment made and KEPT that all YWEA funds would go to the project with no administrative costs taken out and kept in Cleveland.
b. NYLA was closed because it was not financially feasible to continue.
c. Teen Talent is still the property of the Youth Department. They simply partner with Lee University to put on the event (with much success). Lee University did charge the Youth Department to use it's campus.

3. State directors are state issues.

4. no idea what you are talking about

5. Winterfest is usually profitable and profits are used to fund the youth department. The allocation from the TOT fund to the department is not a large percentage of the their budget.

Call any member of the National Youth Board, they can verify this information. I did!
Acts-celerater
5/22/12 4:23 pm

Post Ok then... Bowtat
I hope this is not seen as a slam on the youth department leadership. I respect all of the men that have given of their time and effort to change the next generation to a spirit lead group. I do however have questions about what and how things turned into what they have. I have also contact a few of the men on the international board and asked them the same questions.

Would I have done the same thing as they have, more than likely. I am just asking that we consider what has happen, and not banish someone.

Yes, Teen talent is a youth department project that is held, hosted, and produced by Lee University.

Yes, they states are responsible for the fact that in the last four years there are no longer youth department representatives in their states.

YWEA is now world mission project giving. We give to projects that are already developed by the COG world missions. Children of the World is now the primary recipient of our YWEA funds. I don't mind this, but I don't like the fact that we are asked to give to YWEA and in fact it is just Children of the World. That seems to be miss direction.

The reason we now have a no administration rule is because of YWEA Chicago. There was a lot of well meaning actions that went to that giving project and plaining. While traveling threw Chicago last year I asked a local pastor were the "ministry center" was that I collected money for.

As far as the winterfest funds going to supplement the TOT, yes that is true, so that was not happening before the TOT cut or before the down turn in the economy? That is another reason I asked why was the youth department in the red?

Now we are trying to vote out the Ass. Youth Director? What are his responsibilities and who will do them now?

The international youth department seems to raise more questions than answer.
Friendly Face
5/25/12 10:49 am

Post Re: Ok then... 2ndgeneration
Bowtat wrote:

Now we are trying to vote out the Ass. Youth Director? What are his responsibilities and who will do them now?

The international youth department seems to raise more questions than answer.

The recommendation to eliminate the Assistant YD position is from the Executive Council not the youth department. To use your logic here would also suggest that World Missions is raising more questions than answers in that the Assistant WM Directors job is also being recommended to eliminate.
Acts Enthusiast
5/26/12 1:34 pm

Post Posting my predictions again! 2ndgeneration
PB: Mark Williams
1st Assistant: David M Griffis
2nd Assistant: Wallace Sibley
3rd Assistant: M Thomas Propes
Sec. General: John Childers or Don Walker
Acts Enthusiast
5/26/12 1:35 pm

Post Some good picks 2ndGeneration AussieRain
I agree with the possibility of many those.

Mine:

GO - Mark Williams
1st - David Griffis
2nd - M. Thomas Propes
3rd - Wallace Sibley
ST - Don Walker

Regardless of the final order, I think Propes will be the first new committee member to go on.
Friendly Face
5/26/12 8:45 pm

Post About John D. Childers Kyle Morrow
Someone on here is highly misinformed. In Alabama, John D. Childers has taken that state out of the read in the middle of a terrible economy and with administrative cuts taking effect. He, and the state council, have had to make very tough decisions, and the state is better because of it. He is a man that can see way ahead of what is in front of him, and we would be blessed to have him on the EC. He has my vote! I don't know if the person on here is from Alabama, because I have never met anyone named "Actsfreak," but if you would like to come out from behind that faceless penname, we can talk.

Kyle Morrow
(678) 986-2791
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
5/26/12 9:26 pm

Post Re: About John D. Childers diakoneo
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Someone on here is highly misinformed. In Alabama, John D. Childers has taken that state out of the read in the middle of a terrible economy and with administrative cuts taking effect. He, and the state council, have had to make very tough decisions, and the state is better because of it. He is a man that can see way ahead of what is in front of him, and we would be blessed to have him on the EC. He has my vote! I don't know if the person on here is from Alabama, because I have never met anyone named "Actsfreak," but if you would like to come out from behind that faceless penname, we can talk.

Kyle Morrow
(678) 986-2791

Thumb Up
5/27/12 9:02 am

Post Re: Some good picks 2ndGeneration 2ndgeneration
AussieRain wrote:
I agree with the possibility of many those.

Mine:

GO - Mark Williams
1st - David Griffis
2nd - M. Thomas Propes
3rd - Wallace Sibley
ST - Don Walker

Regardless of the final order, I think Propes will be the first new committee member to go on.

I agree with you that Thomas Propes will be the first new EC member.
Acts Enthusiast
5/27/12 8:09 pm

Post My guess.... spartanfan
I think I'll go with:
G.O.: Mark Williams
1st: David Griffis
2nd: Bill Isaacs
3rd: John Childers
Sec/Trea: Tommy Propes

The Top 2 are "givens" but the next three could be in any order... and Don Walker could slip in and maybe even G. Dennis. And don't forget Wallace. Wow - we've never had so many real possibilities that I can remember. And then there's Doug LeRoy... I've admired him for 40 years. And I still think R. Lamar Vest has some great years left in him. Honestly, we have way too many great men of God to choose from (well, you can't have too many to choose from, can you?)
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
5/27/12 9:19 pm

Post staffmember
PB..Mark Williams
1st Asst...David Griffis
2nd....Thomas Propes
3rd...John Childers
Sec Gen...Bill Isaacs
Hey, DOC
5/28/12 7:48 am

Post Eddie Robbins
What about Billy Wilson? Is the impression that he is mostly involved with his own ministry and only holds his license with the COG? Besides that, he would be a great administrator. Maybe later. Acts-pert Poster
5/28/12 8:09 am

Post Billy Wilson Change Agent
Eddie Robbins wrote:

"What about Billy Wilson? Is the impression that he is mostly involved with his own ministry and only holds his license with the COG? Besides that, he would be a great administrator. Maybe later."

I think your assessment of Billy Wilson is correct. He would make a great leader for the COG, however he is fully vested in Empowered 21. I have attended 2 of his events (Regent University & Tulsa, OK). Those same event are being held worldwide. Every penny I spent on those 2 events was well worth the cost. I agree with your "Maybe later".
Acts Enthusiast
5/28/12 11:15 am

Post B. Cutshall, Revised
While at MIP commencement recently, B.C.'s name was prominent as an Executive Committee possibility. Seems that there is hope for a pastor to be on the EC. Hey, DOC
5/29/12 9:20 pm

Post Brian Cutshall JimmieDavis
would be an incredible voice and presence on the committee. The only problem is who is gonna pastor his church? Friendly Face
5/29/12 10:15 pm

Post My Picks......brace yourself! Purplebarney
PB: Ray Looney
1st: Mike Looney
2nd: Phil Looney
3rd: David Looney
S/G: Someone from the DHD at LEE

It would be so cutting edge and we could all just laugh every single day at the pranks that would be pulled each day at HQ's!

Anyone with me on this?
Acts-celerater
5/30/12 8:42 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.