Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Executive Committee predictions...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Kyle Morrow
After much deliberation, I totally agree with Purplebarney's pick. I think K. Ray is the man to take us forward! Laughing Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
5/30/12 8:47 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Quote:
S/G: Someone from the DHD at LEE

If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve.

The best bet for a DHD member to serve would either be Ray Dawson, Fred Garmon or Richard Pace.
Acts-pert Poster
5/30/12 8:52 pm

Post is there.... Bowtat
Is there an area of our denomination that we seem to be forgetting as a possible route to the big chairs?

1. pastor large church
2. state overseer
3. ?

Is there another ministry that we all universally respect that it's head could move straight to the big chairs? World Missions? Lee University? Youth Department? Ministerial development? Home for Children? Pathway?

Just asking.
Friendly Face
6/6/12 9:30 am

Post The Obvious One mytwocents
Campmeeting preachers. Acts-celerater
6/6/12 11:02 am

Post The COG Apostle
I believe J David Stephens will go on based on the fact that the Assembly is in Florida. It has to be a huge advantage for him. Besides that, he deserves to go on based on his great work there. Acts-celerater
6/19/12 2:22 pm

Post ActsBishop
The COG Apostle wrote:
I believe J David Stephens will go on based on the fact that the Assembly is in Florida. It has to be a huge advantage for him. Besides that, he deserves to go on based on his great work there.

agreed, J David Stephens is well deserving to be elected to the executive committee.
“Even now, Jesus has a miracle for you! Even now, He’s a shelter from the storm you’re going through! DON’T GIVE UP, DON’T BE DISCOURAGED, DON’T EVEN BE AFRAID, FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD IS HERE RIGHT NOW, TO MAKE A WAY!”
Acts Enthusiast
6/19/12 6:43 pm

Post revuriah
ActsBishop wrote:
The COG Apostle wrote:
I believe J David Stephens will go on based on the fact that the Assembly is in Florida. It has to be a huge advantage for him. Besides that, he deserves to go on based on his great work there.

agreed, J David Stephens is well deserving to be elected to the executive committee.

I haven't really been able to sit down with Bishop Stephens, but he is one great man of God. I'd love to see him go on the EC, but part of me wants him to stay in Florida!

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
6/20/12 3:41 pm

Post Bill Issacs and John Childers godblesstexas
In thinking about 2 of the guys who could fill one of the last spots

First, Bill:

I have seen his name on here, and heard him talked about more at our state meetings as a guy to consider for one of the top 5. The guys who like him REALLY like him. The guys that don't like him, can't really give great reasons. I guess my question is: I know his wife recently passed away, and is there precedent for electing a single man?

I realize it wasn't by choice, but I'm just curious. Do we want one of our EC members dating and marrying while in office (assuming he will)? That seems a little odd to me.

Second, John:

He seems to land on his feet everywhere he goes, but I hear a lot of guys talk about his "mismanagement" (probably too strong a word) of money. Maybe better stated, his love to spend money.

At this juncture in our organization, is that a guy we want to help lead us when good stewardship is needed?

Maybe someone with direct knowledge can dispute these claims.

I'm planning to vote for Williams and Griffis for sure. I will probably vote for Sibley as well. I'm praying about the last two spots and I think it usually comes down to Propes, Isaacs and Childers for me. I may can even be persuaded to vote for Stephens from Florida...I just don't know.
6/20/12 4:16 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
You have any proof that John Childers mismanaged funds? I know you don't, because it didn't happen. It's one thing to campaign for your guy, but to post lies to hurt someone else is a different story.

We need John D. Childers on the EC. His vision, wisdom, integrity, and wise stewardship would benefit our movement at a time when we desperately need strong leadership.

Let me say, the other guys you mentioned would be fine additions as well. Bill Isaacs is a gem, but who are you to decide when he is ready? If he was not, I'm sure he'd let it be known.
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
6/22/12 9:00 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I realize it wasn't by choice, but I'm just curious. Do we want one of our EC members dating and marrying while in office (assuming he will)? That seems a little odd to me.

Oh, good grief! What a bizarre objection.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/22/12 9:26 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
It seems odd to date and marry? I find it odd that one thinks that is odd. Acts-pert Poster
6/22/12 9:34 pm

Post Faithful Friend
Didn't Lamar Vest marry again while General Overseer? Vicki, a very talented person in her own right, stepped right up the responsibilities of the GO's wife, if I remember correctly. Friendly Face
6/23/12 4:42 pm

Post Bill Isaacs more than qualified for EC Looking For Friends
I will vote for him as 1st Assistant General Overseer.

Won't vote for Childers at all.

McGuire would provide some much needed wisdom, experience and insight as an Assistant.

Sibley should remain strong and deserves to continue until his time is up.
Acts-celerater
6/27/12 6:28 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Vote for guys in their 30s and 40s (of which I am neither)

It was done before - Charles Conn, Ray Hughes, etc.. were all voted in as young men - and transformed the movement for their day and age.

might be time to try it again.
6/27/12 6:50 pm

Post My Choices...not set though eagleeyes
Mark Williams
Ishmael Charles
J. David Stephens
Tommy Propes
David Gosnell

Some I'm still considering:
Issacs
Garner
7/3/12 9:13 pm

Post ActsBishop
I heard for the first time in a long time, FL Tampa office ran in the black! If J David Stephens can do that there, imagine if we can get his leadership in Cleveland. Please strongly consider him for the executive committee.
“Even now, Jesus has a miracle for you! Even now, He’s a shelter from the storm you’re going through! DON’T GIVE UP, DON’T BE DISCOURAGED, DON’T EVEN BE AFRAID, FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD IS HERE RIGHT NOW, TO MAKE A WAY!”
Acts Enthusiast
7/6/12 6:25 pm

Post Acts Bishop wrote muricewatsonsfriend
heard for the first time in a long time, FL Tampa office ran in the black! If J David Stephens can do that there, imagine if we can get his leadership in Cleveland. Please strongly consider him for the executive committee.

I agree.
- Darius
Acts-celerater
7/6/12 8:42 pm

Post Re: My Committee Picks BishopsWife
Looking For Friends wrote:
Mark L. Williams
G. Dennis McGuire
Bill Isaacs
Bryan Cutshall
Don Walker

I have never been more frustrated by the lack of leadership, compassion and genuine concern from a Committee in my 25 years of ministry. I think 4 members of our current EC are good men, but there is no strong leadership at a time when we need it most!

Some of the current EC will not even give McGuire the time of day...treating him like an outcast for 4 years. Putting him back in at the #2 spot will give us proven leadership and a man who truly cares about pastors & small churches. He still has a passion for souls and understands the Church of God better than anyone else.

That's my opinion.

You couldn't have said it better about GDM!
Acts Enthusiast
7/7/12 4:26 pm

Post GDM Judah4Him
How do you know they won't give him the time of day? Has he told you this??

I believe that electing McGuire would be like looking in the rear view mirror instead of the windshield.
Friendly Face
7/7/12 5:47 pm

Post The Next EC auburnbishop
1. Loran Livingston
2. Dennis McGuire
3. J. David Stephens
4. John Childers
5. Tony Scott
Hey, DOC
7/7/12 9:42 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.