Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Only mature, strong Christians should drink alcohol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Krista..... krista
Purplebarney wrote:
I'm a strong, mature Christian who consumes two glasses of Red wine with my meal. Not every day. I can go weeks without it. However, I do consume it and keep bottles in my household for personal consumption. I'm not addicted to it nor does it control me. I love the Lord and know He loves me. I have not one ounce of doubt in my mind that because I do this that I'm going to hell. I'm very confident in my relationship with Christ! So, I guess I'm the first strong, mature Christian that you know who drinks alcohol.

Never said you were going to hell......just weak.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/15/12 5:36 pm

Post Link
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Serious question....are the COG members/ministers in other countries not under the same rules?

I think GBI in Indonesia, which is huge, has its own rules. I've had communion wine at GBIs in Indonesia that tasted like they had a little alcohol in them. I found out one church had a bottle of wine from Israel brought back as a gift that they mixed in with their communion wine.

I've never heard anyone in GBI (COG in Indonesia) preach that alcohol consumption was a sin. Probably GPDI would teach something like that, and there may be some GBI preacher somewhere with an anti-alcohol stance. Indonesia is predominantly Muslim, and I haven't seen that much drinking there anyway.
1/15/12 8:06 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.