Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Quiet Wyatt
It all boils down to whether or not the Law of Moses is (or has ever been) binding upon Gentiles. It has not, and never will be.

It also basically comes down to the question, "What are the commandments for believers under the NEW Covenant?"
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/23/11 10:00 am

Post John Jett
I agree QW. I think the Holy Spirit gives every believer enough insight and wisdom into this to discern which of those are still beneficial to the believer. Like Paul said, "All things are lawful (meaning the things once "outlawed"), but not all things are profitable (meaning some things that were "outlawed" before are not profitable to EVER do)" When Jesus summed up the law by saying Love God, Love your neighbor, that does it for me. Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/23/11 10:11 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Usually Judaizers like Isa will try to accuse New Covenant believers of being antinomian, when in fact the law of Christ is MORE stringent than the law of Moses.

To be sure, some professing Christians are antinomians, but those who are familiar with their New Testament will know with a certainty that God has called them to truly holy living.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/23/11 10:28 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
By the way, I find the interpretation of Paul's statement that "all things are lawful for me" that takes him as meaning we can do anything we want actually misses the context of what Paul is saying, and that Paul is actually responding to hypothetical in that passage. The whole passage argues quite vehemently against the idea that how a professing Christian lives makes no real difference. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/23/11 10:31 am

Post John Jett
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
By the way, I find the interpretation of Paul's statement that "all things are lawful for me" that takes him as meaning we can do anything we want actually misses the context of what Paul is saying, and that Paul is actually responding to hypothetical in that passage. The whole passage argues quite vehemently against the idea that how a professing Christian lives makes no real difference.

True. Paul uses that construct a lot, thanks for pointing that out.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/23/11 11:23 am

Post There can be no "rightous" Jews ... Mat
There can be no "rightous" Jews since there is no Temple. Without an active Temple, and priesthood, there can be no fullfillment of the commands, thus God's "chosen" people are the greatest sinners of all because they take refuge in the Law they do not obey. Somebody needs to "save" them from themselves. Who could do that?

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
12/23/11 11:39 am

Post Daniel Rushing
Again. I assert that Isa is a troll. There is no chance he/she actually believes this stuff.

And if he is for real, there's a 99.9% chance that he's that guy that shows up at GA in sackloth.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/23/11 1:03 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Oh I'm pretty sure Isa really believes what he says, though when he is alone with his thoughts at night he must know he stands utterly condemned by the very law he says he champions.

I've known more than a few modern-day Judaizers just like him. It's both sad and funny at the same time.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/23/11 1:08 pm

Post Shane B. Stone
The only thing I learned form this thread is that actual space/character thread for a post. Isa has proved that there is a limit to what can be contained.

Now for a poll, who actual will read this entire list?
12/23/11 7:07 pm

Post Isa 58:12
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
It all boils down to whether or not the Law of Moses is (or has ever been) binding upon Gentiles. It has not, and never will be.

It also basically comes down to the question, "What are the commandments for believers under the NEW Covenant?"

Shabbat Shalom wyatt... * "gentiles" were there @ Sinai (Ex 12:38) when they received the Torah, Law of Moshe. & "they" all said yes Ex 19. By the Way, when a gentile partook in the Pesach, passover Ex 12:43-46 & in vs 47 that "gentile" is now a part of the congregation of Y'sreal".

We are grafted into Y'sreal (Rom 11:17) after the "gentiles" receive Y'shua, the Passover Lamb of G-d (John 1:29) & in Eph 2:19... gentiles are now "fellow citizens" with the Jews "&" the Household (Y'sreal) of Elohim. Which goes with Ezek 47:22

What Paul wrote in Rom 11:17, (after receiving the Passover Lamb, Y'shua) is the samething spoken of in the Torah Ex 12:48, he is know as one born (grafted, adopted in) in the land (Y'sreal) & one Torah, Law is to him....

All Texts agree...... gentiles who get saved are part of Y'sreal, the "Household" of G-d. Rom 9:4, Paul speaking to "gentiles": Who are Y'srealites to whom pertains the "adoption", & the Glory, & the Covenants, & the giving of the Torah, Law, & the service of G-d, & the promises.

Wink
12/23/11 11:18 pm

Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Usually Judaizers like Isa will try to accuse New Covenant believers of being antinomian, when in fact the law of Christ is MORE stringent than the law of Moses.

To be sure, some professing Christians are antinomians, but those who are familiar with their New Testament will know with a certainty that God has called them to truly holy living.

My friend, do a word study on what a judaizer is please....

& what is "Holy" living..... did you read the Torah, G-ds Laws for "Holy" living yet?
12/23/11 11:20 pm

Shane B. Stone wrote:
The only thing I learned form this thread is that actual space/character thread for a post. Isa has proved that there is a limit to what can be contained.

Now for a poll, who actual will read this entire list?

Thats fine shane, I have presented G-ds Commandments to you, its up to you to go & study this out with what you have been taught in Prayer that the Ruach haKodesh, Holy Spirit to led you in all Truths.

These aren't my commands, this what G-d said..... Prov 25:2: It is the Glory of Elohim to "conceal" a "thing": BUT the honour of kings to "search" (Mat 6:33) out a matter.

& to what you said here shane is Truth, & thats the problem: Now for a poll, who actual will read this entire list? Thanks for pointing that out. By the Way, every Command in the Torah is what David exalted G-d for His Ways in Ps 119 Wink .
12/23/11 11:44 pm

Post Shane B. Stone
Im too busy celebrating Christmas to spend time reading the list. I'll talk to Santa for you Isa and see if you can get off the naughty list and moved to the nice list.
12/25/11 12:10 am

Post So guys... Isa 58:12
Which Commandment in the Torah is a curse? I have heard from some of you guys that it is a curse, & people always quote Gal & Acts 15, so which one is it?

Or has our understanding of what Paul was saying in the N.T. been incorrect?

Just a question, Shalom
12/25/11 11:10 pm

Post Link
Isa. 58:12

Thank you for posting these commandments. I am sorry some people have a snarky attitude about laws the Lord gave to Israel.

As Paul wrote, '...the law is holy, just, and good.' All these laws are good.

But I do think your theological perspective is odd, and that your approach to the law is odd. I think many Orthodox Jews would agree with me and certainly many Messianic Jews would agree with me on this.

Consider this passage from Romans 3.
28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.

It is okay to be a Gentile, and Gentiles can be righteous before God. In the future, as James points out from Amos' prediction, there will be nations of men on whom the name of the Lord is called. This will not be true of only the nation of Israel.

Acts 15:16-17
16After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

This was part of James' argument leading up to what the apostles and elders agreed was a Spirit-led decision that they should not compel Gentiles that "Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law".

How did Paul treat Jewish believers when it came to this issue? Timothy had a Jewish mother, and Paul circumcised him for the sake of the Jews there. Paul did not circumcise Gentiles, like Titus. The apostles did not compel Titus to be circumcised.

When Paul dealt with a primarily Gentile audience in Galatia, he addressed the issue of those who wanted to circumcise the Galatians. These men wanted to hack off their foreskins. Paul suggested something else for these men:

Galatians 5:12
12I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

Or as the NIV puts it
"As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!"

Paul was not in favor of circumcising Gentiles and commanding them to follow the law of Moses. He also wrote this:

Galatians 5:4
You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.
(NIV)
12/26/11 4:30 am

Post Daniel Rushing
Which commandment is cursed? The whole 600+ of them. Because a man could follow everyone of them and still not be justified. The just shall live by faith! Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/26/11 7:59 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
Thank you for posting these commandments. I am sorry some people have a snarky attitude about laws the Lord gave to Israel.

With all due respect, I think what has been posted goes beyond the laws the Lord gave Israel. For example, the thing I pointed out, my inimitable snarkiness not withstanding, shows exactly what happens when man tries to reach God through legalism. Man begins to add to the law trying to satisfy the letter and in the process misses the heart of the law. The scripture referenced for #82 addresses incest. But in effort to make sure incest is not committed, someone has added that you may not embrace a relative, you may not wink at a relative, you may not skip with a relative.
Another example is #106. All castration is forbidden by #106, but the scripture referenced says only that castrated animals may not be offered as sacrifices to God.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/26/11 9:45 am

Post sheepdogandy
Daniel Rushing wrote:
Which commandment is cursed? The whole 600+ of them. Because a man could follow everyone of them and still not be justified. The just shall live by faith!

TOUCHDOWN! \O/

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/26/11 10:27 am

Post Brandon Bowers
I farted. Rolling Eyes Embarassed
12/26/11 11:19 am

Post Link
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

With all due respect, I think what has been posted goes beyond the laws the Lord gave Israel. For example, the thing I pointed out, my inimitable snarkiness not withstanding, shows exactly what happens when man tries to reach God through legalism. Man begins to add to the law trying to satisfy the letter and in the process misses the heart of the law. The scripture referenced for #82 addresses incest. But in effort to make sure incest is not committed, someone has added that you may not embrace a relative, you may not wink at a relative, you may not skip with a relative.
Another example is #106. All castration is forbidden by #106, but the scripture referenced says only that castrated animals may not be offered as sacrifices to God.

Very good point. I had in mind some of the sarcasm toward the laws that actually are in the Bible that were posted.
12/26/11 2:53 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.