Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Asking how many sins it takes to lose your salvation...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Cojak
I have been thinking hard about this, and I think the correct number or answer is 666

I hear that number will do you in!!! Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/16/11 3:55 pm

Post Cojak
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:
One forfeits salvation when they no longer believe in Jesus Christ.

Do those who claim to "believe in Jesus Christ" and yet go on sinning truly have biblical faith?

Idon't know about that QW, you are asking someone to know the heart of another I think. It is hard to know another's inner workings.
6/16/11 3:57 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Quote:
Do those who claim to "believe in Jesus Christ" and yet go on sinning truly have biblical faith?

Biblical faith or will they still go to Heaven?

Belief in Jesus is ALL we have to do to be saved. We do more because we are saved. When we hear the teachings of Jesus and we believe in Him, we want to heed His teachings.

I am a believer in Jim Rohn. Because I believe in him, I trust what he says and want to apply it to my life. What good would it do to just believe in Jim Rohn without heeding what he has taught?
Acts-pert Poster
6/16/11 4:07 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Cojak wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:
One forfeits salvation when they no longer believe in Jesus Christ.

Idon't know about that QW, you are asking someone to know the heart of another I think. It is hard to know another's inner workings.

Actually I'm not asking someone to subjectively know the heart of another, which I agree would be difficult at best in many cases. The Apostle John was quite objective about the question I asked:

1 John 3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him. NIV
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/16/11 4:09 pm

Post Cojak
Good point QW, but you did have to use one of them unauthorized 'visions' to find it.!!!

Love you bro!!!
6/16/11 4:15 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Belief in Jesus is ALL we have to do to be saved.

Matt. 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. NIV

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. NIV

I guess Jesus didn't get the memo, that ALL we have to do to be saved is have belief in Jesus.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/16/11 4:18 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Cojak wrote:
Good point QW, but you did have to use one of them unauthorized 'visions' to find it.!!!

Love you bro!!!

The good ol' King James is no less stringent.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/16/11 4:20 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Matt. 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. NIV

I guess Jesus didn't get the memo, that ALL we have to do to be saved is have belief in Jesus.

Jesus got Acts 16:31, didn't He? What about John 3:16? Romans 10:9??

The "Lord, Lord" argument here is WEAK big time. Not everyone that says "Lord" is a believer.

When asked what must we do to be saved, it is not belief PLUS anything. Anything else is a work and we are not saved by ANY work that we do. We are saved by the work that He did and our belief in that. Jesus plus NOTHING.

Last edited by Eddie Robbins on 6/16/11 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
6/16/11 8:49 pm

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Jesus got Acts 16:31, didn't He? What about John 3:16? Romans 10:9??

The "Lord, Lord" argument here is WEAK big time. Not everyone that says "Lord" is a believer.
When asked what must we do to be saved, it is not belief PLUS anything. Anything else is a work and we are not saved by ANY work.

Eddie that I do believe!

I believe you must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, doing that thou Shalt be saved!
6/16/11 8:57 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Matt 7:21-23 is not an argument; it is a statement of fact by the Lord himself. Many will say they were faithful followers of His, even doing miracles, casting out demons, and prophesying in His name, but they will be shown to not be true believers at all.

Easy believism fails to take into account all of the NT teaching regarding salvation. It focuses on a few texts which speak of believing, without recognizing that if we truly believe/rely upon/adhere to Jesus, we will not be false but true believers.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/16/11 9:00 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Quote:
Many will say they were faithful followers of His

Right. You're getting it now. Not everyone who SAYS they are a believer is a believer.

What must I do to be saved? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and_______.

Help me fill in the blank.
Acts-pert Poster
6/16/11 9:05 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Follow Him as his disciple the rest of one's life. (See for but one example Col. 1:22-23)

The conditions of salvation as found in the New Testament writings may be summarized as: Repentance, faith, and perseverance in the faith.

We earn no merit by any of this, and thus it is "not of works, lest any man should boast." (Who could ever truly boast that they had repented, believed, and simply followed Jesus?)

These are simply our basic duty as His disciples, to offer ourselves as a living, ongoing sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto Him, which is our reasonable service.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/16/11 9:27 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I can't do all of those things on the list. I guess I'm history. Acts-pert Poster
6/16/11 9:43 pm

Post Born COG
It's people like Quiet Wyatt that caused me to live a childhood of terror - being re-saved multiple times a week and always worried if I said "damn" and got struck by lightning, I would go to hell. It's a primary reason so many of my generation left the church in search of something real.

Thank you Eddie for voicing it so well. Belief in Christ and the Cross is all you need.
6/16/11 10:21 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
You can't repent, believe, and follow Jesus?

As to the "one sin and you're doomed" idea, I have addressed that in detail in other threads. Suffice it to say that God chastens us if we sin, so that we may be partakers in His holiness. Further, God gives us time to repent, though not a limitless amount of time. According to 1 Jn 3:1-3, he that has the hope of Christ's return in him purifies himself (not, backslides due to some supposed inability to follow Jesus).
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/16/11 10:31 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quiet Wyatt I just have to ask you if you've been terrorizing children lately.
Shocked
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/16/11 11:33 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
We don't follow Jesus in order to be saved. We follow Jesus because we believe in Him and His advice. I believed in my Daddy. Even though I didn't do what he said, especially in my youth, I heed his advice because I believe in him and what he stood for. Works are the result of the belief, not belief a result of the works.

Jesus gave us the greatest commandments in Mark 12:30-31. Do we do all of these all the time? Is it even possible to love your neighbor as yourself? If you fail to do so, do you go to hell? These are words to live by not qualifications for salvation. We have mistaken certain commandments as qualifications for salvation. NONE of them are negated by our belief in Jesus. If we believe in Jesus, we are saved. PERIOD. If we truly believe, we will STRIVE for the commandments that He gave us. How will they know that we are His children?
Acts-pert Poster
6/17/11 7:02 am

Post diakoneo
One thing I see in this discussion that seems to be missing is the word Discipleship. QW has mentioned it, but I think it is the missing part of the equation related to sin.

Jesus told His disciples to make disciples, not just converts. Yes you have to be a convert before you can be a disciple, but merely being a convert was not the end result Christ desired.

Being a disciple (imo) means following Christ in producing righteous fruit.

In Matthew 13
When Christ was describing the Kingdom of God, He used the parable of the wheat and the tares. They grew up together in the same field, but only the wheat produced the righteous fruit. Wheat was symbolic of the word of God coming to fruit in a persons life.

He went on to explain that the kingdom of God was like some one who happened upon treasure in a field. He sold everything. He saw the value of the Kingom and therefore forsook all.

Again He said the Kingdom was like a merchant. This man was actively seeking. He found it and this man too saw the value, he forsook all...sold everything.

His final analogy of the Kingdom is of a net thrown out and caught all kinds of things, but many were judged unfit. In the end this is what will happen. God will harvest and He will determine what is fit and what is not!

But in the fields of Wheat (there are many around here) we can look out and see what is wheat and what is weeds. The weeds have no fruit. If I go fishing in the river there are certain fish I will not keep, because I know they are bottom dwellers and there are some nasty things on the bottom of river. But I could be eating fish that is contaminated as well unknowingly.

God knows and in the end He will judge, but in the meantime, let us strive to make disciples as Jesus Commanded!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/17/11 8:13 am

Post Eddie Robbins
That is true along with all of the other things that Jesus wants us to do but making disciples and all of the other things that Jesus desires for us is not a requirement to be saved. We do those things BECAUSE we are saved not in order to be saved. If we are believers, we desire to please Him but pleasing Him is not a qualification for salvation. If it is, we can't live up to all that he wants for us. What must I do to be saved? Make disciples? Acts-pert Poster
6/17/11 8:32 am

Post easy beleivism Scooter
Luke 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Sounds like doing something like a requirement. Cool
Acts Enthusiast
6/17/11 8:38 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.